Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Host CJSKIDS

Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

Recommended Posts

Saw this as graffiti on a wall in Amsterdam several years ago:

 

"Relax, nothing is under control"

 

Sort of applies here, don't waste time pre-cruise, just relax and print out your boarding documents.  Don't fret about an extra 10-15 minutes boarding time, just relax.  There will still be food available in the buffet. Relax, it's s cruise.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2019 at 11:37 AM, atdahop said:

Thanks for the number, I did call but did not get anywhere.  She is submitting some kind of ticket and I should get a response in a week.  It's just so annoying...

I solved my own issue.  For those still having trouble I found that with the samsung galazy 9 I could not get the pin number to set.  I tried to do it on my ipad and it worked just fine..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m on a Medallion Cruise in 399 days. How soon were you able to enter the required information?  
 

Any tips for a first time user?

 

Thanks!
 

Tom😎

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is it mandatory to scan your passport info. into the Ocean Ready app  in order to receive the Medallions via mail? 

We have completed our Personlizer with all the info required including our passport info. 

Thank you very much.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 7:42 AM, SargassoPirate said:

All of this pre-cruise work and angst seems like a waste of time for me when I can just print out my boarding documents in a matter of a few seconds and show up at the pier.  So what if it takes a few extra minutes to get on board?  What percentage of the total cruise time does that entail if I'm going to be on a week-long cruise?  What's the rush?

 

My sentiments exactly!   This is nothing more than a marketing/tracking tool from Princess.  I am not about to buy a lanyard and hang it around my neck nor will I buy a wrist band.   I have expressed my thoughts on other threads and was subjected to snarky comments.  Our cruise leaves two weeks from today and I have all of my boarding documents in hand.  After we board we shall use our cell phones to call our family to let them know that we are aboard and then turn the phones off and lock them in the safe for the duration.  I may just take the medallion and lock it in the safe as well and get an old fashioned key card from guest services.  There is a current "Live from the Crown" thread and the OP said that the medallion snafus at check-in were horrendous and that the medallion was useless when it came to ordering drinks.  I am saving my self a great amount of aggravation by refusing to deal with this. 

 

Okay, fire away with your snarky comments!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I had been looking forward to Ocean Medallion.  I felt it could be an interesting use of today's technology, but right now I am so fed up with the app, that I might just request a card.  And, yes, I have contacted them by e-mail AGAIN!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jangor said:

So I had been looking forward to Ocean Medallion.  I felt it could be an interesting use of today's technology, but right now I am so fed up with the app, that I might just request a card.  And, yes, I have contacted them by e-mail AGAIN!

I found out that if I fully completed all information needed using ocean-dot-com on my laptop, everything transferred over to the Medallion app. I have a Samsung phone so did have to get tech support to get password that I set up on ocean-dot-com work properly. Worked great and ready to check in next Monday.  The previous multiple apps are now all on medallion app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I completed all info on my laptop, verified on my iPhone and all was good for about a day. Then...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Medallion class app says medallions are on the way, but I have not received an email with tracking info and according to fedex app, I have no shipments arriving. And now there is a “!” On the travel docs circle. Went in there and all our info is there. Frustrating not knowing status day to day. We leave in 2 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Coffeeluvr05 said:

Medallion class app says medallions are on the way, but I have not received an email with tracking info and according to fedex app, I have no shipments arriving. And now there is a “!” On the travel docs circle. Went in there and all our info is there. Frustrating not knowing status day to day. We leave in 2 weeks. 

 

Mine was exactly like yours today.  There is a "!" on the travel docs circle, although all of our info is there.  It also says medallions on the way, but I have not received any email with a tracking number.  Hopefully this is all just another Medallion glitch.  We are sailing on Nov. 17.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, relaxatsea said:

 

Mine was exactly like yours today.  There is a "!" on the travel docs circle, although all of our info is there.  It also says medallions on the way, but I have not received any email with a tracking number.  Hopefully this is all just another Medallion glitch.  We are sailing on Nov. 17.

Same sailing as us. Looks like the ! now green circles. I wish I knew when they were arriving in case they require a signature. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, relaxatsea said:

 

Mine was exactly like yours today.  There is a "!" on the travel docs circle, although all of our info is there.  It also says medallions on the way, but I have not received any email with a tracking number.  Hopefully this is all just another Medallion glitch.  We are sailing on Nov. 17.

Received ours this past Tuesday, sailing Nov. 10. Friends received theirs a week ago Tuesday, sailing Nov. 3. You will get yours this Tuesday. You do not need to be there to sign. 

Bon Voyage, Jim 😎

 

ps. we got our e-mail notification after the fact. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, jeanandjim said:

Received ours this past Tuesday, sailing Nov. 10. Friends received theirs a week ago Tuesday, sailing Nov. 3. You will get yours this Tuesday. You do not need to be there to sign. 

Bon Voyage, Jim 😎

 

ps. we got our e-mail notification after the fact. LOL

 

Thanks, Jim,

 We are on the Sky Princess with you, but boarding in Barcelona.

Glad we don't need to be home to sign, I'll be looking for ours on Tuesday.

 

Barbara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I installed the Medallion Class app on my Moto G6 and completed all the info for DW & myself. We are both Ocean Ready, all the circles are green, and I got an email that the medallions would be shipped sometime in November for a December 10 cruise.

 

I presume I have to install the app on her phone (Samsung Galaxy S 7) so she can use the various apps on board, but do we use the same log in as on my phone, or do we need her own log in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got the email this morning that our medallions were shipped and arrive on a Wed 10/30. Interestingly, the email address they sent it to is associated with my Princess Cruise personalizer, not the email associated with medallion/ocean ready account. So excited though!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello all.  I have 2 questions:

 

I have an Iphone 6S Plus and I've got my Medallion stuff all loaded and ready to go for my upcoming cruise in November.  I noticed that my JourneyView section now shows everything going on onboard.  I would like to bookmark them, but that option doesn't show up.  Can anyone tell me how that works?  Do I need to wait until I'm onboard ship for it to be active?  

 

How do you add friends (Shipmates)?  Is that another option that won't activate prior to embarkation?  

 

I've looked at the helps / videos but they aren't that helpful 😞.

 

Thank you!  Barbara

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, trekkerlady said:

Hello all.  I have 2 questions:

 

I have an Iphone 6S Plus and I've got my Medallion stuff all loaded and ready to go for my upcoming cruise in November.  I noticed that my JourneyView section now shows everything going on onboard.  I would like to bookmark them, but that option doesn't show up.  Can anyone tell me how that works?  Do I need to wait until I'm onboard ship for it to be active?  

 

How do you add friends (Shipmates)?  Is that another option that won't activate prior to embarkation?  

 

I've looked at the helps / videos but they aren't that helpful 😞.

 

Thank you!  Barbara

Hello @trekkerlady. JourneyView is a great way to personalize your upcoming voyage by bookmarking activities that save to your own unique itinerary.  Happy to assist you in using the bookmarking feature.

 

Once you open JourneyView from within the MedallionClass app, scroll through the timeline to see the activities taking place during your voyage.  When you find one you're interested in, touch it to get a description of that event. That description should also include a "Bookmark" bubble at the bottom that you can select and then save to your own personalized itinerary. 

 

Once you've bookmarked your activities, return to the primary timeline. There at the bottom of the screen you'll see a bubble that reads "All". That button is a drop down menu. Touch it and you'll see an option for "My Events".  Select it to see only the activities you've bookmarked on the timeline.  

 

We've attached a link to a YouTube video where you can find out more. 

 

Should you have any more questions, feel free to add a message here, or contact us directly by sending an email to AskOceanMedallion@Carnival.com.

 

Wishing you a wonderful MedallionClass vacation.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, AskOceanMedallion said:

Hello @trekkerlady. JourneyView is a great way to personalize your upcoming voyage by bookmarking activities that save to your own unique itinerary.  Happy to assist you in using the bookmarking feature.

 

Once you open JourneyView from within the MedallionClass app, scroll through the timeline to see the activities taking place during your voyage.  When you find one you're interested in, touch it to get a description of that event. That description should also include a "Bookmark" bubble at the bottom that you can select and then save to your own personalized itinerary. 

 

Once you've bookmarked your activities, return to the primary timeline. There at the bottom of the screen you'll see a bubble that reads "All". That button is a drop down menu. Touch it and you'll see an option for "My Events".  Select it to see only the activities you've bookmarked on the timeline.  

 

We've attached a link to a YouTube video where you can find out more. 

 

Should you have any more questions, feel free to add a message here, or contact us directly by sending an email to AskOceanMedallion@Carnival.com.

 

Wishing you a wonderful MedallionClass vacation.

 

 

@trekkerlady. Sorry - forgot to mention that adding Shipmates is a feature found within OceanCompass which can be accessed once you're on board. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for this, but the “bookmark” bubble doesn’t appear.  I uploaded a screenshot so you can see.  That’s why I wondered if it doesn’t become active until I am onboard?2A4D73FD-2269-4A63-A1CD-9CD75A48B5C5.thumb.png.fe804c6c673ef88b3a8d51a9870d4eff.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whenever I open the Ocean Ready app on my android, I always find the battery near zero the next morning. I try to ensure that I turn it off after I use it. My tech skills are pretty limited but I think I installed it OK as I just received my Ocean Medallion for cruise I'm taking later this month. Any suggestions on how I can prevent this in the future? All responses are appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/2/2019 at 9:20 AM, SeaLibrarian said:

Whenever I open the Ocean Ready app on my android, I always find the battery near zero the next morning. I try to ensure that I turn it off after I use it. My tech skills are pretty limited but I think I installed it OK as I just received my Ocean Medallion for cruise I'm taking later this month. Any suggestions on how I can prevent this in the future? All responses are appreciated.

Hello @SeaLibrarian. The OceanReady functionality has been integrated with the newer MedallionClass app. Downloading the MedallionClass app, puts all the experiences, including OceanReady, at your finger tips.  And once you've gotten OceanReady, feel open and close the app at your convenience to plan on board activities using JourneyView (available 60 days prior to sailing), watch award-winning travel shows using OceanView or create your Tagalong using PlayOcean. Then on embarkation day, all the other experiences come to life on board.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Less than four works to our cruise, sent two e-mails to Ocean medallion and no response.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So...  I had OceanReady completed on October 8 for our upcoming cruise and got an e-mail saying they had got it and our Medallions would ship 10-20 days before sailing.  All is good...

 

So, last week, installed MedallionClass app.  Now, I am not only getting the same ! on travel docs that others are getting (though I completed all of this last month), now my daughter is not showing as a travel companion!

 

I did check and she’s still good to go if I log in on the website, shows completed there, but on OceanReady, she’s not even listed anymore...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can the Ocean whatever be downloaded to my Samsung tablet, rather than to my cell phone. The phone goes into the safe upon boarding, and not taken out till the end of the cruise, but I frequently tote my tablet (it's only an 8 inch) around with me on the ship, and use it to stay in touch with family back home via email.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

now I'm confused again / still... do we need to get Ocean Ready under the "old" OR app or thru the new Medallionclass app ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...