Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Host CJSKIDS

Ocean Ready Questions/Answers

Recommended Posts

On 8/6/2019 at 8:22 AM, TW6cruiser said:

We ordered our medallions/accessories on July 7th for our August 17th cruise.  Princess did not really process my order until July 23 when it showed up on my credit card.  We leave the US on the 14th.  Fed Ex tells me in the Fed Ex tracker that I am to get the package tomorrow (Aug 7th) but the package is still in Asia.  My Ocean ready app now tells me the items will be available at the port.  So far I am not impressed.  It is one less thing to pack but now I'm just annoyed that we ordered them in plenty of time and now they are not here. 

Update...ours came today.  We leave on Wednesday for the cruise on Sat.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We don't leave for our cruise on the Crown until April 2020. However, I have been playing with the Ocean Ready app on my Samsung Galaxy S9. I cannot and dont expect to be able to add our cruise to the app at this time, however,  it allows me to put in my personal information and profile photo. My problem is that it allows entry of all fields except the zipcode field. It will not accept numbers, only letters. Numbers can be entered in address fields, phone numbers, just not zip codes. Anyone else have this issue? Where is the best place to report this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MountainEER74 said:

We don't leave for our cruise on the Crown until April 2020. However, I have been playing with the Ocean Ready app on my Samsung Galaxy S9. I cannot and dont expect to be able to add our cruise to the app at this time, however,  it allows me to put in my personal information and profile photo. My problem is that it allows entry of all fields except the zipcode field. It will not accept numbers, only letters. Numbers can be entered in address fields, phone numbers, just not zip codes. Anyone else have this issue? Where is the best place to report this issue?

I've got a nearly identical problem on my Galaxy S8. Only difference is I can't enter anything at all in the zip code field. And because I can't enter the zip code, I am not able to save any of the address information. I, too, am not in a hurry as I don't cruise until next summer, but I contacted Ocean Medallion via its Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/OceanMedallion/ . Last Tuesday they told me this: "Our technical team has been running tests on the app for Android devices to pinpoint the issue you are experiencing. They suggested, if you haven’t done so already, to crash and reinstall the app. Otherwise, we will have a new app update in a couple of weeks that will be well worth the wait, if you don’t mind waiting."  I've tried reinstalling a couple of times with no luck. I plan to try again once they update. If that doesn't work, I am ready to upgrade my phone in November; perhaps that will do the trick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Grislap said:

I've got a nearly identical problem on my Galaxy S8.

Grislap, I just found a workaround. Go to ocean.com in a browser, sign in and you can enter your information there. It will then appear in the app.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, MountainEER74 said:

Grislap, I just found a workaround. 

Thank you so much! Worked for me as well. (Now, why couldn't the Ocean Medallion people on FB tell me that....)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I started to do our Ocean Ready last night, and learned a few things:

 

*For some reason it was already filled in with names, address, etc once I entered our booking #.

*It completed the request to mail the medallions before I uploaded our passport pictures.

*It already had our profile pictures from our medallion cruise on the Caribbean Princess, which was before Ocean Ready.

*I was able to enter the info for my husband on my phone as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MountainEER74 said:

We don't leave for our cruise on the Crown until April 2020. However, I have been playing with the Ocean Ready app on my Samsung Galaxy S9. I cannot and dont expect to be able to add our cruise to the app at this time, however,  it allows me to put in my personal information and profile photo. My problem is that it allows entry of all fields except the zipcode field. It will not accept numbers, only letters. Numbers can be entered in address fields, phone numbers, just not zip codes. Anyone else have this issue? Where is the best place to report this issue?

We are in the process of fixing this issue and appreciate you bringing it to our attention. In the meantime, feel free use www.ocean.com to create your profile. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, donswife said:

I started to do our Ocean Ready last night, and learned a few things:

 

*For some reason it was already filled in with names, address, etc once I entered our booking #.

*It completed the request to mail the medallions before I uploaded our passport pictures.

*It already had our profile pictures from our medallion cruise on the Caribbean Princess, which was before Ocean Ready.

*I was able to enter the info for my husband on my phone as well.

@donswife You're going to be pleased at how easy embarkation day will be now that you're OceanReady.

While completing all the steps in the OceanReady process - Ocean Profile creation, Passport scan/picture, adding security photo, selecting a Pin code and adding a profile picture, and ordering your Medallion - helps to significantly expedite embarkation,  all that's required to have your Medallions shipped home before your voyage is to create an Ocean Profile and order your Medallions/Accessories by confirming your shipping address at least 12 days before you sail.

 

Medallions then are shipped 7 to 28 days before your cruise, even if you place your order months in advance. 

 

Did you know you can get OceanReady as many as six months in advance (Sky Princess reservations will be accessible in OceanReady soon) or as close in as the day of embarkation on your way and still enjoy expedited arrival? If you get OceanReady 11 days or closer to your voyage, your Medallions will be waiting for you at the port.

 

Best of all, OceanReady becomes an even bigger time saver for guests who sail frequently because it retains your information.  So that all you have to do to for future MedallionClass sailings is link your booking number, confirm that your passport is still the travel doc you want to use, and confirm your address for Medallions/Accessories shipment or request to pick them up at the port.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, AskOceanMedallion said:

Best of all, OceanReady becomes an even bigger time saver for guests who sail frequently because it retains your information.  So that all you have to do to for future MedallionClass sailings is link your booking number, confirm that your passport is still the travel doc you want to use, and confirm your address for Medallions/Accessories shipment or request to pick them up at the port.

I can confirm how easy it was second time around. Everything was in OceanReady from my last MedallionClass cruise. Just a couple clicks to confirm and I was set. Medallion was delivered, ready to go for next week. Easy peasy the second time around, for sure!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just received an Email from Princess. It said the Medallion would be delivered on August 19. We are scheduled to board the Crown Princess on August 29.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, paul929207 said:

I just received an Email from Princess. It said the Medallion would be delivered on August 19. We are scheduled to board the Crown Princess on August 29.

It’s good to know they’re sending them out on time.

Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I received an email 2 days before our cruise saying that our medallions has been mailed. This is incorrect as we live in Australia where they are not mailed, and even if they were they would not have arrived in time. We were on the Princess cruise tour when the email arrived.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, leck57 said:

I received an email 2 days before our cruise saying that our medallions has been mailed. This is incorrect as we live in Australia where they are not mailed, and even if they were they would not have arrived in time. We were on the Princess cruise tour when the email arrived.

Your correct the Medallions are not mailed to Australia 🇦🇺. At Princess sometimes the right hand doesn’t know what the left hand is doing. 😳 

Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/13/2019 at 2:08 PM, paul929207 said:

I just received an Email from Princess. It said the Medallion would be delivered on August 19. We are scheduled to board the Crown Princess on August 29.

Great to hear. We should be getting ours next week then  (I hope) for our 09/04 sailing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

Great to hear. We should be getting ours next week then  (I hope) for our 09/04 sailing.

Your going to love being able to just walk on the ship. Have a great cruise.

Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ok I was wondering my cruise on emerald princess is in april 2020 is that too far out for me to get my ipad ready for the medalion( ocean ready)...It does not reconize my booking number.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I checked in into Medallion app fine, was able to do photos and order Medallion , but cannot create account for remaining apps on my phone.

I decided to use ocean.com and getting this error while trying to create account

image.png.df3ab29a54b90cd907e3cab4c4b11216.png

I already checked in via princess.com

 

What am I doing wrong?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Tatka said:

I checked in into Medallion app fine, was able to do photos and order Medallion , but cannot create account for remaining apps on my phone.

I decided to use ocean.com and getting this error while trying to create account

image.png.df3ab29a54b90cd907e3cab4c4b11216.png

I already checked in via princess.com

 

What am I doing wrong?

 

There is now only one app - called MedallionClass. Currently only available on iOS devices but coming to Android soon. Check out the info here:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2686541-exciting-ocean-medallion-app-news/page/5/?tab=comments&source=122648#comment-58139766

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For help with the Ocean Medallion app. I called this (Princess) number 1-844-525-0942 the people are very helpful and they will answer all your questions about the Ocean Medallion & Medallion Class app. 

Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, bingobunny14 said:

ok I was wondering my cruise on emerald princess is in april 2020 is that too far out for me to get my ipad ready for the medalion( ocean ready)...It does not reconize my booking number.

If you look at post 208 above from the medallion team.  Six months looks like the norm to be able to link your reservation.  Somewhere down the road, you most likely will be able to link all your reservations to the app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, AF-1 said:

If you look at post 208 above from the medallion team.  Six months looks like the norm to be able to link your reservation.  Somewhere down the road, you most likely will be able to link all your reservations to the app

I recommend getting the Medallion Class App as soon as possible. Just in case you have a few problems.

Tony

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Tony,  I agree with you.  Also if people want they can go to the ocean.com website complete everything there; then download app, log in;  and all the info should be there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

For help with the Ocean Medallion app. I called this (Princess) number 1-844-525-0942 the people are very helpful and they will answer all your questions about the Ocean Medallion & Medallion Class app. 

Tony

Do you happen to know their business hours?  Not sure if they are the same as the reservation customer service team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Do you happen to know their business hours?  Not sure if they are the same as the reservation customer service team.

Hi Mr. G.

I’m not sure what their business hours are Sorry.  I live in Boston and called around 3 p.m. and someone always answered.

Tony

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand the security photo but have a question about the profile photo.  Can it be a cute picture of our pet or does it have to be a picture of my husband and myself? Is it displayed on the screen outside your door?  Not sure I want my picture outside my door.  

Second question.  When you leave your cabin and close your door how can you make sure it is locked? If you walk back to check the medallion will open it again I presume.  I always lie to try the handle to make sure it is locked.  

             Thanks for any answers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...