Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
awestover89

Why you should always have a future cruise booked

So since my husband and I first started cruising we've almost always had a future cruise booked, and usually not having to wait super super long for it. But this year we had a big land vacation planned, and a new job, moved to a new state; just a lot going on. So we got off the Freedom back in January with no cruises in the pipeline for the first time in a long time.

Hey, we've always wanted to do a back-to-back in the Med, let's at least start pricing that out! So we found and we booked it for May 2020. 

But that's still another year away, and we haven't been on a ship since January. Let's find a short weekend getaway now that we live in Florida and can drive to the port. 

I really don't want to be in this position again, let's at least start pricing out a birthday cruise for 2021. Oooh, that itinerary looks nice, and the price is really good. Snag!

From no cruises booked to four cruises booked, with no more than 8 months between them. Always gotta have a cruise to look forward to.

Agree. Good way to ensure there isn't any post cruise blues. 

Not us.  We travel frequently but since retiring we primarily do last minute cruises that complement our land travel.  In fact, a few months ago we got a refund on a future cruise deposit that we had placed, in a moment of weakness, on our last Princess cruise.  We select cruises based on ship and itinerary.  Not so much cruise line.

We typically do 4-6 every year. One year we did 8. never can wait till the next one. Currently 73 years old and I think that article is correct.

I don't have one booked and it is really bugging me. However, we are in talks of a 3rd one later this year.

We don't have one booked now, but we do have a land trip to Peru including Machu Picchu booked. So we are excited even without a cruise to look forward to.

10 minutes ago, ontheweb said:

We don't have one booked now, but we do have a land trip to Peru including Machu Picchu booked. So we are excited even without a cruise to look forward to.

The craving didn't really hit until we got back from our land trip to Japan

5 minutes ago, awestover89 said:

The craving didn't really hit until we got back from our land trip to Japan

Though we are very excited about our bucket list trip with Machu Picchu, I did think about a cruise for next year last night when I saw the person who puts together our high school reunions (55 next year), and asked him to keep me informed so I do not make trip plans for that weekend.

We just booked a March 2020 and have three more booked this year.  I’m always actively looking for the right deal so it’s only a matter of time until we book more next year.  And the next. 

So far I've taken or booked two cruises in 2018, two for 2019, two for 2020, and one for 2021, but with variation in the dates it can work out to three in twelve months.