Cruise Critic Community
Tom47

How many cruises, in total, have you been on?

Wow, we are REALLY newbies! Only 4, with number 5 coming up in July, our second Azamara. So much work, so little vacation time 😟

3 hours ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Wow, we are REALLY newbies! Only 4, with number 5 coming up in July, our second Azamara. So much work, so little vacation time 😟

That'll change some day, hopefully!  I did 5 cruises in 8 years before I retired, 52 days total.  Since I retired about eleven years ago, I've done 9, for almost 100 days,  So there's hope, just keep working hard. 😁

And you know, I don't remember these numbers generally; I always have to look them up.  So when someone onboard asks me how many cruises we've been on, I usually just say, "a few". 

So I'm with uktog in that way--no one onboard wants to hear a litany or laundry list of your travels.  And nothing gets more boring on a cruise than doing nothing but talk about travel.

11 minutes ago, Wendy The Wanderer said:

That'll change some day, hopefully!  I did 5 cruises in 8 years before I retired, 52 days total.  Since I retired about eleven years ago, I've done 9, for almost 100 days,  So there's hope, just keep working hard. 😁

And you know, I don't remember these numbers generally; I always have to look them up.  So when someone onboard asks me how many cruises we've been on, I usually just say, "a few". 

So I'm with uktog in that way--no one onboard wants to hear a litany or laundry list of your travels.  And nothing gets more boring on a cruise than doing nothing but talk about travel.

Yes, not sure I was ever actually asked that question, and really am looking forward to more free time some day!

10 minutes ago, Mackdogmolly said:

Yes, not sure I was ever actually asked that question, and really am looking forward to more free time some day!

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.😉

Phil

4 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

A journey of a thousand miles starts with a single step.😉

Phil

Well said, Phil. 😊

Betsey

I must say I agree that a better question may be, how many days at sea have you had.

23 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

I must say I agree that a better question may be, how many days at sea have you had.

This would cause me too many complications, i.e,  do I count land tours before or after the cruise which was part of the cruise cost?  Do I count hotel stays before or after the cruise(sometimes part of cruise cost)?  I prefer simple to complicated.  DW sets a maximum limit of about 24 days away from home for trips.   So a 14 day cruise with 3 days prior to the cruise, 1 travel day, 2 days in departure port, and 1 day in arrival port+ 1 travel day means19 days away.

You choose what you are comfortable with and I'll do the same.

When push comes to shove I really don’t care much how many cruises or days anyone has done, except Mrs Gut, whose numbers equal mine, if I want someone’s opinion on a cruise or a ship, or itinerary or a Port, I want to know them, know if what I want is what they want, know if what I value they value so I can make a real and balanced decision.

On some days, it feels as though I have not spend enough days at sea.  On some other days, I think I've had enough and am ready for something different.  But I know I will always return.

9 hours ago, tv24 said:

On some days, it feels as though I have not spend enough days at sea.  On some other days, I think I've had enough and am ready for something different.  But I know I will always return.

This is us in a nutshell.  We have ~1000 days at sea (actual sailing, not before/after).  We keep saying, well, maybe we are maxxed out.  Even though we have several land travels booked, we also have around 150 days at sea booked.

I added up my sea/river cruise days:

177 sea days-Celebrity, Hurtigruten, Alaska Cruise West, Azamara, RCI and Pearl Seas

32 river days(Vantage-Europe, Russia, China)

total 209, 19 cruises

Edited by Tom47
typo

I've done 71  sea cruises and have 5 more scheduled.  Have been on Azamara, RCCL, Celebrity, Norwegian, Oceania, Holland America and Windstar, but Azamara is my cruise line of choice. 

Even though we've done quite a few on various lines, Azamara remains the firm favorite. I guess you could say we prefer 'quality to quantity'.  We love the on board experience and feel that is where our loyalty is appreciated, applauded and acknowledged. We value the friendships formed with fellow guests, crew, staff and officers.  It's certainly a wonderful feeling. I probably should add here that I been on Azamara and seen them treat a new cruiser in a very special way.  At least it's the way it should be. If it's for first or your 21st it should still be a special experience......

Edited by aussie travel bird