Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Not sure if anything can be done, but some of the ads rotating through the site have a browser hijacker embedded. Noticed on a mobile device. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You might try sending an email to help@cruisecritic.com. Perhaps include a screen grab.

 

In my experience an ad blocker is needed to prevent this sort of malware. It seems that sites have a very difficult time filtering out this sort of malicious content.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, broberts said:

You might try sending an email to help@cruisecritic.com. Perhaps include a screen grab.

 

In my experience an ad blocker is needed to prevent this sort of malware. It seems that sites have a very difficult time filtering out this sort of malicious content.

I had to install ad blocker today, they are still getting through, I would rather not disable java script. It makes the site unusable on an android. I was about to tap something and the ad popped in and I tapped it. I have cleaned my phone and its a real PITA. The ads have a ssl cert from cloudflare

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, AlanF65 said:

I had to install ad blocker today, they are still getting through, I would rather not disable java script. It makes the site unusable on an android. I was about to tap something and the ad popped in and I tapped it. I have cleaned my phone and its a real PITA. The ads have a ssl cert from cloudflare

I was using CC on an iPhone with Chrome. The best ad blockers seem to be Safari only, so I am moving my browsing here to Safari. What do I want to configure to avoid this issue?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On my "full systems" I use ublock origin which catches this stuff. I was on my Android phone, which really doesn't have good choices as of yet.

 

However, I still feel the powers that be need to know this is happening so they can yell at the ad network.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’re going to bring this up and see what if anything can be done on our end 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1025cruise said:

On my "full systems" I use ublock origin which catches this stuff. I was on my Android phone, which really doesn't have good choices as of yet.

 

However, I still feel the powers that be need to know this is happening so they can yell at the ad network.

I am using Ad block plus on my android https://adblockplus.org/android-install

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, CC Help Jenn said:

We’re going to bring this up and see what if anything can be done on our end 

Jenn,

Here are some screenshots I took

Screenshot_20190525-202842_Chrome.thumb.jpg.0127810e4d4318bac300d23fe91ceb0b.jpg

 

Screenshot_20190525-202825_Chrome.thumb.jpg.401a3eff39850f7137515fffad80170e.jpg

 

Screenshot_20190525-202640_Chrome.thumb.jpg.52e46840169573a3e3a7c0f2e12ab42e.jpg

 

Screenshot_20190525-151844_Chrome.thumb.jpg.21a5cbd33dc2e04fb8b6682b867f229a.jpg

 

All you can do is close the chrome browser.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, broberts said:

@AlanF65, ouch! Does adblockplus catch this stuff on your phone?

Not all of them  in Chrome, you have to use their browser, I will probably just use desktop for now, don't feel like changing browsers for 1 site. I may start using FF on my phone or add CC to tapatalk, chrome is just so simple to use and post photos and screenshots is a breeze. There was a live review of our 11 day last week on Ovation and lots of people contributed and uploaded photos. Its so simple in chrome on an android. This started when I got home Friday nite / Saturday morning.

Edited by AlanF65

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the screenshots… They are extremely helpfulThank you for the screenshots… They are extremely helpful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...