Eurodam Mechanical Problem.... ?????

Just read the latest review from the Eurodam in May that reports some sort of Mechanical Problem and shaking.  I've quoted it below.  I then went back and read some reviews in April and they are complaining about something similar as well.  There is no new dry dock scheduled to fix anything.   Can this problem have any effects on the Eurodam's Alaska Cruises this summer?  Anyone have any recent experience?

"first my one and really only complaint was the ship felt funny in the way it was vibrating, I did read that there was a problem and it had to stay in San Diego for a extra day or two.

but it was like someone was shaking the bed every 5 seconds it was pretty consistent for the first 3 days, then when in Glacier bay it stopped and then returned when we went to Sitka 

i guess the speed of the ship was the reason."

This is what the April review said:

"The ship was consistantly cold rattled and vibrated non stop for the whole 3 weeks. First time i have had seasickness. 1 port in hawaii was cancelled due to weather, but 2 were cancelled in ensenada and victoria for maintenance ,trouble with an azipod ,was that why the ship continually vibrated. "

2 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

Wasn’t that the ship that had the fishing net wrapped round the azipods or something?  I thought they’d sent scuba divers down to fix that.

I'm not sure, but the April review mentions a problem, and then the member in the May review "read that there was a problem" they took some days to fix... but, in the end, it does not seem fixed.   😞

Edited by SunNFunCruzer

26 minutes ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

but it was like someone was shaking the bed every 5 seconds

We had this same situation on our Hawaii/Tahiti cruise in March.  Only happened one night (all night).  That night we were traveling at remarkably slow speed in a huge arc to get to the next port.   It happened every time we had to cross a swell, which happens fairly regularly.  It was pretty annoying.

The Eurodam was held an extra day in San Diego for the removal of fishing nets that became entangled in the azipods during an Hawaii cruise.  The Captain announced that the ship had passed both a Coast Guard and Lloyds of London inspection before proceeding on my Pacific Coastal on Apr 30 (one day late).  I felt no vibrations as we proceeded directly to Vancouver.

We were on Eurodam last week in Alaska. Great cruise! I did notice vibrations a couple of evenings in the MDR. But no issues with speed. We made every port with time to spare. There was an underwater inspection with divers with cameras at one port - the announcement was that that was a normal, scheduled inspection. Remember that the first and last days are in open ocean - and can be quite bumpy. Plan accordingly!

We were on the Eurodam, 28 days in March, R/T San Diego, to Hawaii and Tahiti.  We has stern cabin 4187 and we had no problems with vibrations.   During the first 2 days out of San Diego, with the usual rough seas, there would be the usual slight vibration when the ship would climb over the 15 ft swells.   But for the rest of the cruise it was perfect.

I did hear that the Eurodam got snagged in some unmarked fishing nets and they had to be removed by divers, which delayed a sailing.