Question about the cabin codes

I haven't been on a cruise for the past year and a half. Went on to start looking at an Alaska cruise. I notice all the cabin codes are changed.

I always did a D1 or D2. So would the 4B be equivalent?  What is the 1G, 2G, 3G and 4G. I see it says spacious ocean view balcony but what is the difference. Why are they separated on the chart?

Thanks for the help..

Radiance balcony categories are 1B, 2B, 3B, 4B, 1D, 2D, 5D, and 6D.  The odd numbers, 1, 3, 5 mean the stateroom can accommodate more than 2 people.  The even numbers mean the stateroom is for two people only.

The lower the number, the more desirable location on the ship.  I'm not positive, but I believe the "D" category staterooms are a bit smaller (179sqft) than the "B" category staterooms (204sqft). 

Edited by Wine-O

• 4 months later...

image.thumb.png.23625add089721e02d0bf9a4aec1282a.png

Royal Caribbean announced to its travel partners it will be recategorizing its staterooms in an effort to simplify room types for both travel agents and guests.

The latest categorization effort will result in a reduction in the number of categories and a 40% reduction in deck plan colors. In addition, deck plans will result in more intuitive identifiers.

Royal Caribbean is also making connecting staterooms easier than ever to identify and book with designated categories. Connecting staterooms will be double occupancy in both connecting rooms and available on all ships in the fleet except for Majesty and Empress of the Seas starting in 2021.

Royal Caribbean also announced its new Spa Stateroom category. Spa cabins will be featured on Radiance, Voyager, Freedom, Oasis, Quantum and Quantum Ultra Class ships. They will be open for booking later this month for cruises departing in 2021.

image.png

Edited by Biker19
  • Like 1

• 8 months later...

I noticed they broke the pr cabins into 2 categories. I now have a non connecting pr which I put in to lift and shift. The new date has them as pr and family connecting cabins. The later are cheaper. I'm hoping they dont change me to a connecting cabin

Liberty seems to have a excessive number of connecting pr cabins.

On 5/27/2019 at 8:54 AM, awestover89 said:

Here's the official recategorization grid: http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Royal/General_Info/17055533_Recategorization_Trade_Grid.pdf

D1/D2 were split into several different new categories.

Thanks. I’ve been looking for this page for quite a while and couldn’t find it since they “upgraded” their website.  

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2019 at 2:40 PM, Wine-O said:

Radiance balcony categories are 1B, 2B, 3B, 4B, 1D, 2D, 5D, and 6D.  The odd numbers, 1, 3, 5 mean the stateroom can accommodate more than 2 people.  The even numbers mean the stateroom is for two people only.

The lower the number, the more desirable location on the ship.  I'm not positive, but I believe the "D" category staterooms are a bit smaller (179sqft) than the "B" category staterooms (204sqft). 

We had booked the SPA balcony category but have been notified that that category has been eliminated although our cabin number will not change.