Inspiration Review 4/4-4/11

First of all any cruise is super to me its all in your attitude. Embartion took longer then usual, but we figure it was due to time change. We got to the port at 10:30 & didn't get on the ship until 1:30. The ship was easy to get around in very well laid out. Food was great, but any food I don't have to cook or clean up is great. The shows were good, I haven't been to a show in a couple of years and they were different ones. We especially enjoyed the Shout show. It was our 5th time at Grand Caymen so we just went to the public beach, The water is beyond beautiful. First time in Costa Maya and we loved it. My only advice is to do your shopping down town not at the pier , much better prices. We went to the Tarpus Bar downtown and they had the best quamola(?) Read about it on this board and really enjoyed it. Cozumel was a nightmare. We were suppose to dock, but ended up tendering. There were 9 ships scheduled in port and more came because they were unable to dock in Costa Maya. Waited 1 1/2 hours to get off the ship and 1 3/4 hours to get back on. Some people waited 2+ hours to get back on. They did compensate us with $25 pp and party with free drinks and snacks. A royal pain, but we survived. We have been to Cozumel 5 times and this was the first time we had to take a tender. We went cave tubing with x-stream in Belize and loved it, alot cheaper then Carnival tour and only 14 people in our tour. E-mail me with any questions teacher47@aol.com

Beth,

We were at the Tarpus Bar downtown too. We went after horseback riding. We had the chicken fajita and it was good.

Judy

CCL Inspiration 4/4-4/11/04

NCL Sea 4/14-4/27/03

Wonder 5/16-5/19/02

Wonder 5/3-5/8/01

Fantasy 2/15-2/18/01

Beth, thanks for the review. We are sailing on 7-25-04 on the Inspiration. What did you do in Cozumel? We are trying to figure out what excursions we want to do. We have also been to Cozumel several times. I am considering doing the dolphin swim. We plan to do cave tubing with x-tream in Belize and just hang out in Costa Maya. Any suggestions are welcome. We are also flying into Tampa the day before. What time do you think we should arrive at the port? Thanks

Hi Nibbles!! In Cozumel they have alot of fun beaches. We like Mr. Sanchos beach- free admission, cute litlle restaurant and bar. Snorkeling is not good thou. They have a list of prices to the different beaches posted after you get off the ship. We try to get to the pier around 10:30 - 11:00. We did wait along time to board the Inspiration, but we were in the first group. We are always realanxious to get started on our cruise. Have fun!! We can't wait to go again

In Costa Maya we took a cab to Majahul alittle town and there were bars and restaurants along the road with chairs and tables next to the ocean. We ate and went swimming at Tarpus. Also when you first get off the ship there is a swimming area .

we were on the same cruise, same cozumel fiasco, and probably same xstream cave tubing in belize (with thomas? we were the family of 4 yankees)...

well for snorkeling in cozumel, go to chankanab park. its a $10 cab ride and $12 per person admission. nice shade structures on the beach and gardens, in addition to the water activities.

in costa maya, we signed up for mayan ruins tour at the dock (not carnivals), it was wonderful and on the way back the driver left us off in majahual for an hour, the came back to return us in plenty of time to board.

Archived