Cruise Critic Community
Cruise Raider

Inside Cabins: Summit vs Infinity

Hi all ...

We sailed in a Cat 9, midship inside cabin on the Infinity and just loved it.  We were in cabin 7903 and our friends in 7901.  The cabins were much larger than the normal inside cabins and the layout was very unique to each one of these cabins as well.  There was also one to the side of us, 7905 and three just below us on deck six.  Anyway, the unique layout and size of these cabins made an inside cabin very palatable.  

Now, I am looking at the deck plans on the Summit and they also have cabins in the same places but the deck plans don't show them to be the larger cabins as on the Infinity.  I can find no specific information or even one review on these cabins on here or FB or google ... not anywhere.  

Can anyone confirm if these cabins are the same size as the ones on the Infinity and if so, any other particular pros and cons of staying in one of these cabins?  

Hi. We are actually going to be sailing in 7905 and 7903 on the Infinity this summer.  Do you happen to have any photos of cabin 7903?  These seem to be the least photographed cabins 🙂   ...I can't see to find them anywhere.

In my search to find pictures of those Infinity cabins, I came across one for the Summit post dry dock recently.   It looks like they added a hallway outside 7901,03 and 05.  So those cabins don't open to the elevator like on the Infinity.  I've never been in those cabins but I wonder if that reduced their size?  Totally a guess but perhaps why it shows them as smaller?

On 5/27/2019 at 5:27 PM, Cruise Raider said:

Hi all ...

We sailed in a Cat 9, midship inside cabin on the Infinity and just loved it.  We were in cabin 7903 and our friends in 7901.  The cabins were much larger than the normal inside cabins and the layout was very unique to each one of these cabins as well.  There was also one to the side of us, 7905 and three just below us on deck six.  Anyway, the unique layout and size of these cabins made an inside cabin very palatable.  

Now, I am looking at the deck plans on the Summit and they also have cabins in the same places but the deck plans don't show them to be the larger cabins as on the Infinity.  I can find no specific information or even one review on these cabins on here or FB or google ... not anywhere.  

Can anyone confirm if these cabins are the same size as the ones on the Infinity and if so, any other particular pros and cons of staying in one of these cabins?  

On 6/3/2019 at 4:28 PM, travelbug4 said:

Hi. We are actually going to be sailing in 7905 and 7903 on the Infinity this summer.  Do you happen to have any photos of cabin 7903?  These seem to be the least photographed cabins 🙂   ...I can't see to find them anywhere.

In my search to find pictures of those Infinity cabins, I came across one for the Summit post dry dock recently.   It looks like they added a hallway outside 7901,03 and 05.  So those cabins don't open to the elevator like on the Infinity.  I've never been in those cabins but I wonder if that reduced their size?  Totally a guess but perhaps why it shows them as smaller?

I wish I would have thought to take some photos of inside that cabin, especially after I searched and searched for the same thing years ago.  

I do know that I absolutely loved that cabin.  I couldn't believe what I had done when I first saw that it opened right out into the elevator vestibule ... but it was actually a plus.  Anytime we opened the door, it was like we had an oceanview cabin.  Plus, it was a bigger room ... we just didn't feel crowded at all.  

I would say, we lucked out as there were really not any noisy people using the elevators on that deck.  But, I wouldn't hesitate to book that cabin again.  It ended up being one of our favorites .... although, when we sailed on the Infinity again, we got one of the family verandas on the corner on deck 8 .... now, that took first place as far as great cabins!  

Thank you for the information.  That's fantastic to hear that they are bigger and that they open to the glass elevators!

Hi,

I have a question not about the same cabin nrs but another inside 7046.

This room comes with a convertible sofa for the 3rd guest.

All the inside cabin photos shows the bed in the inside cabins being positioned parallel to the side walls and between the room and bath there is the sofa and the dressing table.

This would mean if we open the sofa bed, that is fully blocking the space in the middle so those sleeping in the normal beds (twin setting) can not exit to the bathroom in the night.

I m desperately searching for photos with open sofa bed but could not find any.

Would it be possible that for rooms with convertible sofa has different layout?

E.g. like the balcony rooms, the bed perpendicular to the side walls, and the dressing table and sofa not by the bathroom, but by the rear wall of the room.

Thanks

On 6/29/2019 at 4:50 PM, hshowalter said:

The inside cabins are the same size as ocv,&balcony. All are 170 square feet.

Maybe so on the Summit but there are a few inside cabins on the Infinity that are much larger than that.  Shhhhh .. they are secret cabins!!  

3 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Maybe so on the Summit but there are a few inside cabins on the Infinity that are much larger than that.  Shhhhh .. they are secret cabins!!  

The larger inside cabins are also on the Constellation. 

7 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Are those for handicapped access?  Those cabins are larger.

No, they are not marketed as handicapped access.  We have one booked but not until 2021.

45 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

Are those for handicapped access?  Those cabins are larger.

No, they just have some larger inside cabins (on a couple of the Mclass ships) that are regular access and are much larger than the majority of the other inside cabins.  They are midship on decks 6 and 7.  

We booked 6903 and 6905 on the Infinity for next weekend’s Adriatic. Can’t wait to see if we really can see outside though the glass elevator if we open the door! Someone else posted a pic of the Summit’s hallway (found the thread yesterday so can’t post the link), and it was a short “protective” wall probably to block out elevator noise — it did look like it also blocked out the view from the two doors that it covers. I’ll try to get some kind of measurement. I read that these cabins used to be an acupuncture studio, hence they are larger than normal. We’ll see!

On 7/10/2019 at 7:33 PM, Betsynh said:

We booked 6903 and 6905 on the Infinity for next weekend’s Adriatic. Can’t wait to see if we really can see outside though the glass elevator if we open the door! Someone else posted a pic of the Summit’s hallway (found the thread yesterday so can’t post the link), and it was a short “protective” wall probably to block out elevator noise — it did look like it also blocked out the view from the two doors that it covers. I’ll try to get some kind of measurement. I read that these cabins used to be an acupuncture studio, hence they are larger than normal. We’ll see!

We were up in 7903 and these cabins are definitely larger on the Infinity and we never felt crowded.  I've been doing some research and found out that they are NOT larger cabins on the Summit.  And yes, they did put up a wall, I would imagine for privacy reasons, on the Summit.  

Now, like I said, in 7903, if we opened our cabin door, we looked straight across to the window of the elevator vestibule....plenty of natural light and my DH would walk out to the window every morning to get an indication of what the weather was like.  

Anyway, the window bulges out on the side of the ship and the elevators are actually on the sides of the vestibule, adjacent to the balcony cabins.  So, you won't have to look through the glass elevators, you basically 

I was worried about the lack of privacy but it never was an issue.  It seemed as though very few people used that elevator on our sailing.  We were never bothered by noise.  Anyway, 7903 had a direct view of the large window and 7905 had a view of the actual elevators on the forward side of the vestibule.  I would only imagine it is exactly the same for the deck 6 cabins.  I would stay in these cabins on deck 7 again in a heart beat!  Bon voyage and enjoy your sailing! 

Thanks so much! Sounds like it will be great. We’re on a port-intensive itinerary so there probably won’t be too much late night noise in any case. Thanks for the tip!

On 7/13/2019 at 9:09 PM, Cruise Raider said:

We were up in 7903 and these cabins are definitely larger on the Infinity and we never felt crowded.  I've been doing some research and found out that they are NOT larger cabins on the Summit.  And yes, they did put up a wall, I would imagine for privacy reasons, on the Summit.  

Now, like I said, in 7903, if we opened our cabin door, we looked straight across to the window of the elevator vestibule....plenty of natural light and my DH would walk out to the window every morning to get an indication of what the weather was like.  

Anyway, the window bulges out on the side of the ship and the elevators are actually on the sides of the vestibule, adjacent to the balcony cabins.  So, you won't have to look through the glass elevators, you basically 

I was worried about the lack of privacy but it never was an issue.  It seemed as though very few people used that elevator on our sailing.  We were never bothered by noise.  Anyway, 7903 had a direct view of the large window and 7905 had a view of the actual elevators on the forward side of the vestibule.  I would only imagine it is exactly the same for the deck 6 cabins.  I would stay in these cabins on deck 7 again in a heart beat!  Bon voyage and enjoy your sailing!  

Ooh this is so exciting.  We are in 7903 and 7905 in a few weeks.  Can't wait to see these cabins.  We're excited to have the glass windows right outside the cabin.   Thanks for the description!