Arriving in St Thomas on the Equinox and trying to make plans. In the past I’ve docked in Crown point on the Eclipse (2013)but Havensight on Summit (2014).Doing research I’m getting different opinions.

Any help from recent cruisers?

I much prefer the Havensight dock (more to do, easier to get around) but Celebrity is at Crown ‘point for several more years, necessitating a taxi to get anywhere

We sailed a few times on the smaller ships with Celebrity in to Havensight the last time was 2014.But sailed Eclipse in to Crown point in 2013.

I had read RCCL had signed for Havensight. There is only a Carnival in port with us. 

Thanks for all your information.

22 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Take the ferry to Water Island...it leaves from Tickles...fairly regular schedule over and back all day...

Thank you, that was what I’ve been looking at. Wanted to do something different. Is it ideal for a family of ten? Youngest is 2 years. I read no hotels just private residence. Do you know if they have loungers and sun umbrellas?

appreciate the advice.

7 minutes ago, ellasnan said:

Thank you, that was what I’ve been looking at. Wanted to do something different. Is it ideal for a family of ten? Youngest is 2 years. I read no hotels just private residence. Do you know if they have loungers and sun umbrellas?

appreciate the advice.

Mainly two bars, but yeah, umbrellas and loungers, or at least there was at Dinghy’s...it was pretty mellow, we were there on a Tuesday, I believe. Water was calm...no kids with our group. 

Edited by PTC DAWG
50 minutes ago, ellasnan said:

We sailed a few times on the smaller ships with Celebrity in to Havensight the last time was 2014.But sailed Eclipse in to Crown point in 2013.

I had read RCCL had signed for Havensight. There is only a Carnival in port with us. 

Thanks for all your information.

Nope. RCCL signed a 10 year contract in late 2016 for both both RCI and Celebrity to use Crown Bay. Bummer. We prefer Havensight pier over Crown Bay any day. The walk into Charlotte Amalie from Havensight is much nicer. 

Edited by davekathy
2 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Nope. RCCL signed a 10 year contract in late 2016 for both both RCI and Celebrity to use Crown Bay. Bummer. We prefer Havensight pier over Crown Bay any day. The walk into Charlotte Amalie from Havensight is much nicer. 

Thank you.  Wanted it to be confirmed.

Makes planning so much easier.

Emerald Beach is just a short (less than 5 minutes) taxi ride. Easy to get back. Nice beach with a hotel, bar, restrooms, chair rentals. It's also not usually crowded. It's one of our favs.

Thank you. Thought about Emerald but wanted to go somewhere different as we’ve done various beaches and sailed on a small private yacht. Thought the children would enjoy the ferry. 

Just want to give the family different options as it’s their first time on St.Thomas