Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
markbach

Allure 2019/05/19 Western Compasses, Menus, and Other Info

Recommended Posts

Just back from the May 19th, 2019 sailing of the Allure to Ladabee, Falmouth, and Cozumel. This is the first time the Allure has run this itinerary since April 2018, so I'm providing some info for anyone who is interested.

 

 

Cruise Compasses and Daily/Evening Planners from all 7 days

 

 

Adventure Ocean Daily Planners from 6 of the 7 days (I never received Day 3 in my stateroom and couldn't locate a copy at the time I realized it).

 

MDR Lunch/Dinner Menus for all days. MDR breakfast menus were standard and available elsewhere.

 

Platinum and Kids Crown and Anchor Onboard Offers loaded to Seapass cards.

 

The links above will take you to Dropbox. If you're not a Dropbox member, just click No thanks, continue to view to dismiss the popup and view the PDF content. You can also download the PDFs using the link in the top right corner. Please let me know if you have any difficulties and I'll do my best to help.

 

 

Other random notes/info:

  • Captain was Tore Grimstad, Cruise Director was Jimmy Rhodes, and Activities Manager was Flavio Maeda
  • Headliner was Travis LeDoyt (Elvis Tribute)
  • Lots of typos in the Compass (e.g. am/pm, references to Miami instead of Fort Lauderdale)
  • Menus in the app switched around several times, but were eventually consistent with what was offered.
  • The app worked decently well for viewing information, however sometimes chat messages would not show up for hours, despite saying "Delivered." Push notifications were also spotty. You are automatically "linked" to everyone in your stateroom for messaging, however you can also add others by name even if you are not traveling with them.
  • Formal Nights were Days 2 and 5 (both sea days)
  • All MDR breakfasts/lunches were offered the choice of buffet only or a la carte plus buffet.
  • Children's MDR Menu is the same as I posted last year: https://ibb.co/nxSK7n
  • Tutti Salad Bar offered in MDR on all sea day lunches
  • 10 Drink Card advertised in bars starting Day 5 for $79+18%
  • Draft Beer card advertised in Compass on Day 6, didn't notice any signs at bars or pricing
  • There was a medical emergency on the last day which required us to get to Miami ASAP, so we were going full speed (~23 knots) for a while and it was VERY bumpy. At the normal speed (~19 knots) it was very smooth sailing.

 

If you have any other questions, please ask and I'll do my best to answer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

I only have the usual questions lol. Did you have a good time? What did you do at each port? 

 

Had a great time, of course. My only complaint was I was kind of disappointed with the opening hours for a lot of things, e.g. the only complimentary food after 9pm when the Windjammer closed was Sorrentos/Cafe Promenade, and that got boring after a few days. With them moving early dining up to 5:15, I often found myself hungry again around 9:00-9:30. Also, despite removing the second ice show, there were only two skating sessions, and they were both during dinnertime.

 

In Labadee, we just enjoyed the Columbus Cove beach and a Labadoozie or three. In Falmouth, we were supposed to go ziplining (I've done it before there and enjoyed it), but my wife wasn't feeling up to it, so we cancelled and I just walked around the port a bit and got a beef patty and enjoyed a mostly empty ship. In Cozumel, we didn't want to do an all-inclusive since we had the beverage package on board, so ended up at Paradise Beach, which was perfect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, markbach said:

 

Had a great time, of course. My only complaint was I was kind of disappointed with the opening hours for a lot of things, e.g. the only complimentary food after 9pm when the Windjammer closed was Sorrentos/Cafe Promenade, and that got boring after a few days. With them moving early dining up to 5:15, I often found myself hungry again around 9:00-9:30. Also, despite removing the second ice show, there were only two skating sessions, and they were both during dinnertime.

 

In Labadee, we just enjoyed the Columbus Cove beach and a Labadoozie or three. In Falmouth, we were supposed to go ziplining (I've done it before there and enjoyed it), but my wife wasn't feeling up to it, so we cancelled and I just walked around the port a bit and got a beef patty and enjoyed a mostly empty ship. In Cozumel, we didn't want to do an all-inclusive since we had the beverage package on board, so ended up at Paradise Beach, which was perfect.

 

I understand your disappointment. I had watched/read some reviews that pointed out that most food options shut down early and the pools close pretty early too. I’m not super happy about that but I wasn’t really pleased with what was available on other lines I sailed either so I figure I can take it. I’m glad to hear you had a good time anyway. I’m probably going to either hoard food or eat too much pizza lol.

 

Did you find that the people on the ship went to sleep early?

 

Also was the sand clean at Paradise Beach?

 

Thank you for all your help! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks very much for this information! We're doing this itinerary on June 9!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you have to change your clocks for Cozumel?  If so was it mentioned in the Cruise Compass?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cherries Jubilee said:

Did you find that the people on the ship went to sleep early?

 

Also was the sand clean at Paradise Beach?

 

 

There was a lot of late night activity in the club, bars, casino, etc. There were also some 10:00 shows.

 

The sand was clean but a little on the courser side. There was some seaweed on the beach and some rocks/coral in the water. If you're bothered by that, you might want to bring water shoes, but I was fine with regular flip-flops. There are foot baths as you come off the beach into the pool area.

 

9 hours ago, Wildcatfish said:

Did you have to change your clocks for Cozumel?  If so was it mentioned in the Cruise Compass?

 

No, remained on Florida time (EDT, UTC-4) for the entire trip. Local time in both Falmouth and Cozumel were an hour behind ship time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That is so nice and neat how you did that.  Thanks for the effort.

 

Did I see that Room Service is now a charge 24 hours?  Or is it still only Midnight - 4 AM?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, markbach said:

… remained on Florida time (EDT, UTC-4) for the entire trip. Local time in both Falmouth and Cozumel were an hour behind ship time. 

 

Thanks Markbach!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, drdaddy said:

That is so nice and neat how you did that.  Thanks for the effort.

 

Did I see that Room Service is now a charge 24 hours?  Or is it still only Midnight - 4 AM?

 

 

There no charge for Continental breakfast; otherwise there is a $7.95 charge per order regardless of time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/28/2019 at 12:25 PM, markbach said:

 

Had a great time, of course. My only complaint was I was kind of disappointed with the opening hours for a lot of things, e.g. the only complimentary food after 9pm when the Windjammer closed was Sorrentos/Cafe Promenade, and that got boring after a few days. With them moving early dining up to 5:15, I often found myself hungry again around 9:00-9:30. Also, despite removing the second ice show, there were only two skating sessions, and they were both during dinnertime.

 

In Labadee, we just enjoyed the Columbus Cove beach and a Labadoozie or three. In Falmouth, we were supposed to go ziplining (I've done it before there and enjoyed it), but my wife wasn't feeling up to it, so we cancelled and I just walked around the port a bit and got a beef patty and enjoyed a mostly empty ship. In Cozumel, we didn't want to do an all-inclusive since we had the beverage package on board, so ended up at Paradise Beach, which was perfect.

We are doing this same itinerary Sept 22 on Allure.   Thank you so much for the info!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for the updated Compasses.  It's interesting that they only got the curfew correct once on Day 2 (ages 17 and under), the rest are listed as 18 and under. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much!  We're doing this itinerary on Allure in October.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you so much for posting this! What are the chances Mamma Mia will still be on in December?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, katke said:

Thank you so much for posting this! What are the chances Mamma Mia will still be on in December?

 

Little chance of changing until Allure's dry dock next Spring.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, katke said:

Thank you so much for posting this! What are the chances Mamma Mia will still be on in December?

Please don't change it, Mama Mia was the reason I picked this ship!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for posting these.  A lot of questions have been asked regarding what they were filling the Dreamworks spaces on the compass with.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheGreatfulBread said:

Thanks for posting these.  A lot of questions have been asked regarding what they were filling the Dreamworks spaces on the compass with.    

 

As far as I could tell, they were replaced with ... nothing. There weren't any parades, character meet-and-greets, etc, and the second ice show and aqua show were just gone, not replaced by anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...