Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
LadyBerard

Radiance Class Room 7094 Cat. 1D?

Does anyone have any pictures they can post of the balcony in this particular cabin?  I have it booked for Sept. on the Serenade, and I'd like to see if it is all covered or will get some sun.  I prefer that it gets some sun.  Thanks in advance.

Just back from Radiance last week and we were in cabin 9094 and there was sun in the evening none in the morning as we were headed northbound from Vancouver. 7094 is on the same side. No pics however.

Edited by WeLuvVacation

Here's a couple of pics.  One is much better lighting so you can see the whole balcony, the other isn't as well lit but will let you see the overhang better.  It is a nice deep balcony with plenty of room.  However, if you are hoping for a good tanning place it does have an over hang that will effect that.

BTW, which Sept sailing are you on?  I had this cabin Boston/Bermuda 9/23 last year and will be sailing 9/22 this year!

good lighting.png

overhang view.png

The D category balcony cabins are smaller than the Bs, aren't they?  

How much smaller are they ??  We are considering Serenade for a 11 day cruise and don't want to be crammed into a small space for a cruise over 7 days.🙎‍♀️

We're going on the 10th this year.  It's the 5 nighter.  We also sailed to Bermuda on the 23rd of Sept. last year on the Serenade.

Nice!  Did you notice that they aren't sailing Boston/Bermuda next year?  I'm really disappointed!  I have no interest, being from the local Boston area (north shore), to sail to Canada and Maine.  I'll probably look at NCL for next year's Bermuda cruise.

I did notice that.  In fact, I just told my husband when he came home from work. His response was, "That's just wrong."  LOL

NCL isn't sailing to Bermuda in Sept. 2019 from Boston either, not that we would go, as we are booked on the 12 nighter repo. on Celebrity Summit from Boston to the ABC islands, SJU, and Key West, then docking in FLL.  We love to cruise to Bermuda in Sept. That's when we've gone the most.  Only once were we chased out a day early, and never have we been diverted to Canada.  Have been numerous times in May, a couple times in June, and then last year, I went (husband couldn't go) with my daughter and her family out of NY.  It was the third week of Oct., and the weather was cooler than I like it to be.

Edited by LadyBerard
grammatical corrections

23 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

I did notice that.  In fact, I just told my husband when he came home from work. His response was, "That's just wrong."  LOL

NCL isn't sailing to Bermuda in Sept. 2019 from Boston either, not that we would go, as we are booked on the 12 nighter repo. on Celebrity Summit from Boston to the ABC islands, SJU, and Key West, then docking in FLL.  We love to cruise to Bermuda in Sept. That's when we've gone the most.  Only once were we chased out a day early, and never have we been diverted to Canada.  Have been numerous times in May, a couple times in June, and then last year, I went (husband couldn't go) with my daughter and her family out of NY.  It was the third week of Oct., and the weather was cooler than I like it to be.

I know NCL doesn't sail from Boston in September.  I'd rather be on RCL out of Boston to Bermuda.  The key is I want to sail out of Boston, and prefer to sail to Bermuda.  🙂

On RCI, all balconies are covered by the deck above.  You will have PLENTY of light...but only "direct sun" either early morning or late afternoon, when the sun is lower in the sky.  Tanning is best done on an upper deck...like at the pool!

15 hours ago, mafig said:

The D category balcony cabins are smaller than the Bs, aren't they?  How much smaller are they ??  

Typically by the width of a couch/sofa cushion - D cabins have 2 and B cabins have 3 (coach/sofa cushions that is).

1 minute ago, Biker19 said:

Typically by the width of a couch/sofa cushion - D cabins have 2 and B cabins have 3 (coach/sofa cushions that is).

So, aside from that, no difference in the size of the bathroom or storage areas?

Just now, mafig said:

So, aside from that, no difference in the size of the bathroom or storage areas?

Not really, the desk/vanity might be slightly longer.

16 hours ago, captainannoyed! said:

Nice!  Did you notice that they aren't sailing Boston/Bermuda next year?  I'm really disappointed!  I have no interest, being from the local Boston area (north shore), to sail to Canada and Maine.  I'll probably look at NCL for next year's Bermuda cruise.

Hey Captainannyoyed.  I am from Danvers too!  Love cruising out of Boston.  Next one in October.   (Go Bruins)

All D category cabins are exactly the same size.  Same with E category, etc....the only difference is the number of beds in each numerical designation of cabin.  Some only have 2 beds (that can be made into 1), some have pullmans or a sofa bed....that's basically what the number after the category means...and some designate location on the ship....but the size of the cabin remains the same.

8 hours ago, Sheshefran said:

Hey Captainannyoyed.  I am from Danvers too!  Love cruising out of Boston.  Next one in October.   (Go Bruins)

Greetings and Salutations!  Yes, I also am thrilled to be able to cruise on out of Boston, especially on RCCL.  Where are you cruising to in Oct?  I have a Sept sailing back to Bermuda, as I had mentioned earlier on this thread.

Go Bruins!!

I am on the October 13th sailing.  With my Mom 2 aunts, one uncle, my sister and her friend.