Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
wleigh1021

Carnival Horizon Havana Balcony suggestions

Hi,

My Aunt is looking to cruise with me and my husband in fall of next year. I booked an inside Havana room, but she wants a balcony. She can only afford the extended balconies off the back of the ship. Privacy is important to her so she wanted to book the 9th floor. Rooms 9466 and 9468 are available, but she read reviews where people said that the Lido deck above is loud from chairs scraping (apparently crew move them overnight or early AM) and its also by the stairs which have a door and people let the door slam. Has anyone stayed in these room and can either confirm or deny the amount of noise? Would anyone recommend floor 8 instead to compromise between privacy and noise level? The problem is with the lower back balconies is that the balconies on the floor above look onto yours due to the slant on the ship. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

I can't help with the noise question since I won't be on the Horizon for a couple of years but in all of the research I found, 9466 is a wider balcony even though it appears the same on the deck plans.  

Following! We booked the 8th floor extended balcony for our trip in January. I know we'll be visible to those above us, but the perk there is the sun will actually hit our balcony.  I'm hoping hanging on 8 we'll be far enough from the Lido deck to not hear too much.