Cruise Critic Community
steve4031

14 day Maasdam cruise to Homer/Anchorage vs inside passage cruise

To the OP:

Can you get a specific cabin selected instead of a guarantee?  Some of the OVs on Main deck are not in the best locations for quiet/noise, especially under the World Stage, BB King and even the Billboard piano lounge.  Compared to Maasdam, which you were considering, the price jump to a balcony room from an OV is much less because of the higher percentage of balcony rooms on Koningsdam.  Or maybe you can try for an upsell as sailing gets closer.  We booked a steel rail balcony located far enough back from being over the World Stage for the same price as an OV and loved it.  Look around at options!  m--

32 minutes ago, steve4031 said:

The price was 4100.  This is a good deal, but it is a bit outside my comfort zone.  I ended up putting a hold on an outside guarantee category OO on the Konigsdam departing August 1 from Vancouver. 

Keep watching the prices for the 14 day cruise.  Especially watch the HH prices on the Promenade Deck -- somewhat obstructed, and definitely smaller than other OVs on other decks, but absolutely comfortable for a solo.

The deposit for the fare that I am considering on the Konigsdam is non-refundable and non-transferable.  So once I commit to the Konigsdam then that is what I would do.  

15 hours ago, Loreto said:

I didn't know about Walmart.  I always enjoyed the walk into town from the ship, past the canneries, crab pots and the harbor.  I did the harbor walking tour twice, ending at the seaman's memorial.  No Diamond's International here!

Karen

I agree with you Karen.