Soda and More Pkg is gone...

Bubbs33

I added the Soda and More pig to our cart last week and now it is  listed in our cart as out of stock. So in reviewing the beverage packages today, I note it has been replaced. There is now a Classic Soda pig which includes fountain soda, juices and mocktails. The price in CD $ has gone up $4/day. There is also a Premier Coffee and Soda pkg for $29.49 CD per day.  This seems steep. Cheaper to buy the Soda and Coffee pkgs separately.  Perhaps a misprint? Will monitor the pricing. We sail in <50 days.

Edited by Bubbs33
  • Like 1

Just checked our upcoming cruise and the soda and more package is now £9.20 per person per day.

Our last cruise was $8.05 per person per day.

How can Princess justify this price increase?

Hope it is a glitch in there system 

We sail in 23 days and are not happy!

Edited by ashhill

1 hour ago, ashhill said:

Just checked our upcoming cruise and the soda and more package is now £9.20 per person per day.

We are the same and are booked on British Isles cruise in August. Always book soda+ more package but not until we get onboard as exchange rate has always been poor but that is nearly a 50% increase in price for the new classic soda package. The nails are very slowly being knocked into the coffin of our future cruises with Princes and this will more than likely be our last one with them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DisneyDorkhead said:

It looks like they have added smoothies to the Classic Soda package. Perhaps that is why the increase in price?

Another money making exercise in head office!

I think the price of the new soda package puts it over what I want to pay for sodas. We only get a few occasional mocktails (maybe 5-7 on a 10 day cruise).

For the same cost as the classic soda package I can purchase the 6 can soda deal (pay for 5; get 6) from the personalizer. For us who are buying the soda package for soda, this seems like a better deal - even throwing in the occasional can purchased directly from the bar.

Does anyone know if you have already paid for the Soda and More package, if they will honor your previous order?  I see the new packages, but my "reservations" still show the Soda + More.

I prepaid for the Unlimited Soda and More package ($75.18 total for a 7 day cruise to Alaska) months ago.  It is still on my file under Reservations + Purchases.  I do notice that option is no longer available to purchase and has been replaced, I guess, with Classic Soda Package - over $90 for same cruise).  I wonder if my Unlimited will be deleted or if I got grandfathered in.  We sail July 7.

• Like 1

I checked for my Oct Med cruise.

Unlimited soda and more - $10.33 CDN/per day

unlimited soda, mocktail, juice, hot chocolate

Classic soda - $14.74 CDN/day

soda, fruit juice, mocktail, and smoothies

What is a smoothie?  Is it the frozen pina colada?

I am not sure to pre order in CDN or wait until on the ship and pay in US$.

5 hours ago, ashhill said:

Just checked the personalizer for my March cruise on the Crown. This does not appear to be a glitch and it is an outrageous price hike even if it does include smoothies.

31 minutes ago, phabric said:

I checked for my Oct Med cruise.

Unlimited soda and more - $10.33 CDN/per day

unlimited soda, mocktail, juice, hot chocolate

Classic soda - $14.74 CDN/day

soda, fruit juice, mocktail, and smoothies

What is a smoothie?  Is it the frozen pina colada?

I am not sure to pre order in CDN or wait until on the ship and pay in US$.

My Oct 2019 14 day Med cruise, I was able to prepay Umlimited Soda and More package for $10.33 CDN/day total $144.62 CDN/pp.  

For my Oct 2020 10 day New England & Canada cruise, it only lists the Classic soda package at $15.33 CDN/ day for a total of $153.30 CDN.

Princess will be having their Sip and Sale Sale in June, I will wait for the sale for my Oct 2020 cruise.

if you've already paid for it ... Princess should honor the price, but could change it to the 'new' terms and conditions

at least as I remember, that's what happened when the AIBP was changed to the PBP ...

• Like 1

6 hours ago, DisneyDorkhead said:

It looks like they have added smoothies to the Classic Soda package. Perhaps that is why the increase in price?

Where do you get smoothies? Not sure I have ever seen one on any of the ships I’ve sailed!

For those of us who are not big soda drinkers the new package is WAY out of line price wise.

We will stick to getting the coffee package and order soda or mocktails when wanted. 

We always get the water package so that helps. This will definitely lower the cost for us.

I really think this has to do with the gratuity increase more than the product cost?

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

if you've already paid for it ... Princess should honor the price, but could change it to the 'new' terms and conditions

at least as I remember, that's what happened when the AIBP was changed to the PBP ...

This.^^^   Made for great outrage on the boards when they made the change from AIBP to PBP, but I would expect the same implementation on the soda change. Too hard to keep track of different packages onboard, so it will be implemented as of a specific date....which may have already passed.

For my Island Princess WC segment
Premier Coffee & Soda Package $23.59 per person, per day = $1,792.84

Premier Coffee & Soda Package

Terms & Conditions 2019

What is Included

• The package includes all, specialty or premium coffees and teas, hot chocolate, fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), Gong Cha items (if available), Frappes at Coffee & Cones, mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu, Red Bull and Milk Shakes (if available).
  • The package includes one souvenir tumbler based on availability and while supplies last.
  • The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: bottles of water of any size, canned items such as soda or bottled juices (if available).
  • The package may be used on our Private Islands and all onboard Food and Beverage Venues and other areas such as the Theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

Package Details and Qualifications

• There is no age restriction for purchases of the Premier Coffee & Soda Package.
  • The Premier Coffee & Soda Package is USD $19.99 per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $23.59 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. The package is AUD $29.99 per day which includes a service charge for all Australian based vessels. A tax may be added at the time of purchase for certain itineraries or ports of embarkation. You will be charged the full amount for the complete voyage at the time of purchase.
  • The Premier Coffee & Soda Package must be purchased for every day a passenger is sailing. Partial / Pro-Rated Packages or segments of a guest’s voyage are NOT accepted, although some exceptions may apply, such as the World Cruise. These exceptions, IF applicable, will be displayed in the Cruise Personalizer at the time of purchase.
  • The package is offered onboard on day one (embarkation day) only.
  • The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within 3 days of sailing.
  • The package is NOT refundable or transferable once purchased onboard, and for advance purchased packages, NOT refundable or transferable within 3 days of sailing.

Exclusions and Limitations

• Does NOT apply to bottled or canned items, or any items offered in Retail Venues or Shops onboard.
  • Can NOT be used for Room Service or Mini Bar Items. Additionally, the package cannot offset the cost of, or be a substitution for, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar. Please contact Group Onboard Services for additional details or clarification.
  • With the exception of the complimentary tumbler noted above, Souvenir Glassware is excluded but is available for an additional charge.
  • Excludes beverages offered via vending machines, but includes Coke Freestyle machines where available (coming soon).
  • Excludes and is not combinable with other Programs, Promotions, Onboard Specials, or Buy One Get One type offers, or food items for sale such as icecream etc.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented without notice.
  • The Premier Coffee & Soda Package excludes all alcoholic items, nor does it provide a discount for any alcoholic drink.

Terms and Conditions

• Packages may NOT be shared, are NON-transferable and NON-refundable.
  • Only one beverage is allowed per guest per order, a time interval between orders may by applied by our point of sale system (POS) or in some instances, manually, at the discretion of the vessel.
  • Orders are only accepted from and fulfilled for, guests whose name and folio number are assigned the package as reflected in our system.
  • Shipboard management reserves the right to add additional restrictions or limitations, revoke or cancel the Premier Coffee & Soda Package at any point during a Guest's voyage for any reason with or without a prorated refund, including but not limited to guests who:
    • Provide beverages to other guests or do NOT comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package.
    • Have an account that reflects a pattern of consumption that is wasteful, excessive, or appears to violate the non-sharing policy.
    • Exhibit behavior that is inappropriate, a safety risk to themselves or others, or become offensive or disruptive to other cruise guests or staff.
  • Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the terms and conditions of our beverage packages at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice, and for vessels designated in a foreign currency, packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations.       Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.

Please note that there are a variety of items offered at no charge in various venues and or for various day parts, such as complimentary juice(s) during breakfast, non-bottled water, iced tea, brewed coffee, etc. For more detailed information please visit princess.com

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, LessWorkMoreTravel said:

Very disappointing.  I had it in my cart for my son, but had decided not to buy it in advance because I want to use OBC that won't show up until we are on board.  Can't believe they wouldn't grandfather people who've already made final payment.  

same here. I was going to buy a soda package onboard with OBC. Not anymore. That's ok, I'll just buy more alcohol instead.

• Like 2