Jump to content

Soda and More Pkg is gone...


Bubbs33
 Share

Recommended Posts

Like I said in the other thread, this will just cause us to buy additional soda and bring on board and just use the bar service to get ice.  If that is how Princess wants to do it, I can do it that way.  Seems that at $8/pp/pd on fountain soda they were making a ton of money.  Then to go to almost $12/day.   Nah, I'll bring my own on board.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I couldn’t find the fine print on the new classic soda package but I did find it for the new Premier Coffee & Soda package:  

  • The package includes all, specialty or premium coffees and teas, hot chocolate, fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), Gong Cha items (if available), Frappes at Coffee & Cones, mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu, Red Bull and Milk Shakes (if available).

What I notice here in the fine print, it says: “as per the menu”. Does that mean you can only pick from their limited menu per area?  Usually there are only 4-5 mocktails listed but what if you want a Mocktail not on the menu such as the chocobanana Mocktail that everyone has been raving about?  Do you have to travel the ship to find it on a menu?  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Adam&Eve said:

Definitely not available on our cruise which departs in 26 days, despite having it in our cart for the last month ...

 

image.png.cc1bf427131a2497f0cbb2f2ed515e21.png

"in the cart" is not paid for - totally different situations

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Princess if you are reading this - it is going to backfire on you. People are tired of being nickel and dimed on items that literally costs you cents.

 

 

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Coral said:

Princess if you are reading this - it is going to backfire on you. People are tired of being nickel and dimed on items that literally costs you cents.

 

 

Coral, that's a solid posts ... as expressed by posters on Cruise Critic and possibly other social media outlets that I follow -0- of ... no facebook, twitter, whatever that selfie site is

 

My deep thoughts this morning ... what % of Princess cruisers follow and post on Cruise Critic ? and are these posters even the target market for Princess anymore ... I am fully aware that Princess caters to an older demographic, but are they looking for the 'new older ( with the introduction of the OM ) and not so much the experienced , well traveled, knowledable 'elites' that take a lot of 'perks' and don't spend nearly the amount of money on ship and excursions that the newer clientel does the first few time the sail Princess and visit new to them ports

 

deep, huh?

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, gerelmx said:

For my Island Princess WC segment
Premier Coffee & Soda Package $23.59 per person, per day = $1,792.84

 

Premier Coffee & Soda Package

Terms & Conditions 2019

What is Included

  • The package includes all, specialty or premium coffees and teas, hot chocolate, fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), Gong Cha items (if available), Frappes at Coffee & Cones, mocktails, and smoothies as per the menu, Red Bull and Milk Shakes (if available).
  • The package includes one souvenir tumbler based on availability and while supplies last.
  • The package provides a 25% discount on the following excluded items: bottles of water of any size, canned items such as soda or bottled juices (if available).
  • The package may be used on our Private Islands and all onboard Food and Beverage Venues and other areas such as the Theater or public spaces that offer beverage service. Selections and service are limited to that venue’s menu offerings and operating hours.

Package Details and Qualifications

  • There is no age restriction for purchases of the Premier Coffee & Soda Package.
  • The Premier Coffee & Soda Package is USD $19.99 per day plus 18% service charge (totaling $23.59 per day) for all itineraries except Australia. The package is AUD $29.99 per day which includes a service charge for all Australian based vessels. A tax may be added at the time of purchase for certain itineraries or ports of embarkation. You will be charged the full amount for the complete voyage at the time of purchase.
  • The Premier Coffee & Soda Package must be purchased for every day a passenger is sailing. Partial / Pro-Rated Packages or segments of a guest’s voyage are NOT accepted, although some exceptions may apply, such as the World Cruise. These exceptions, IF applicable, will be displayed in the Cruise Personalizer at the time of purchase.
  • The package is offered onboard on day one (embarkation day) only.
  • The package is NOT available for pre-purchase within 3 days of sailing.
  • The package is NOT refundable or transferable once purchased onboard, and for advance purchased packages, NOT refundable or transferable within 3 days of sailing.

Exclusions and Limitations

  • Does NOT apply to bottled or canned items, or any items offered in Retail Venues or Shops onboard.
  • Can NOT be used for Room Service or Mini Bar Items. Additionally, the package cannot offset the cost of, or be a substitution for, special or private events such as cocktail parties, wedding receptions or similar. Please contact Group Onboard Services for additional details or clarification.
  • With the exception of the complimentary tumbler noted above, Souvenir Glassware is excluded but is available for an additional charge.
  • Excludes beverages offered via vending machines, but includes Coke Freestyle machines where available (coming soon).
  • Excludes and is not combinable with other Programs, Promotions, Onboard Specials, or Buy One Get One type offers, or food items for sale such as icecream etc.
  • Not all exclusions or limitations can be foreseen or published here and may exist or be implemented without notice.
  • The Premier Coffee & Soda Package excludes all alcoholic items, nor does it provide a discount for any alcoholic drink.

Terms and Conditions

  • Packages may NOT be shared, are NON-transferable and NON-refundable.
  • Only one beverage is allowed per guest per order, a time interval between orders may by applied by our point of sale system (POS) or in some instances, manually, at the discretion of the vessel.
  • Orders are only accepted from and fulfilled for, guests whose name and folio number are assigned the package as reflected in our system.
  • Shipboard management reserves the right to add additional restrictions or limitations, revoke or cancel the Premier Coffee & Soda Package at any point during a Guest's voyage for any reason with or without a prorated refund, including but not limited to guests who:
    • Provide beverages to other guests or do NOT comply with the terms, conditions and limitations of the package.
    • Have an account that reflects a pattern of consumption that is wasteful, excessive, or appears to violate the non-sharing policy.
    • Exhibit behavior that is inappropriate, a safety risk to themselves or others, or become offensive or disruptive to other cruise guests or staff.
  • Princess Cruises may modify, amend or update the terms and conditions of our beverage packages at any time with or without notice to guests. The terms and conditions as published on princess.com on the date of sailing will apply.
  • Pricing is subject to change without notice, and for vessels designated in a foreign currency, packages purchased in advance may vary from onboard pricing due to timing and currency fluctuations.       Guests will NOT incur additional charges, nor be issued any credits or refunds for such currency variances.

Please note that there are a variety of items offered at no charge in various venues and or for various day parts, such as complimentary juice(s) during breakfast, non-bottled water, iced tea, brewed coffee, etc. For more detailed information please visit princess.com

 

 

I like the " while supplies last" notion.  I'm still waiting for my 50th Anniversary tote that they were out of when we boarded on the first day of the sailing and they hadn't been delivered yet ! LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, voljeep said:

Coral, that's a solid posts ... as expressed by posters on Cruise Critic and possibly other social media outlets that I follow -0- of ... no facebook, twitter, whatever that selfie site is

 

My deep thoughts this morning ... what % of Princess cruisers follow and post on Cruise Critic ? and are these posters even the target market for Princess anymore ... I am fully aware that Princess caters to an older demographic, but are they looking for the 'new older ( with the introduction of the OM ) and not so much the experienced , well traveled, knowledable 'elites' that take a lot of 'perks' and don't spend nearly the amount of money on ship and excursions that the newer clientel does the first few time the sail Princess and visit new to them ports

 

deep, huh?

I have a co-worker who is going on her first Alaskan cruise in 2 weeks (not on these boards). She stopped me yesterday to ask why the drink packages drastically had gone up. She planned on buying one but is not going to anymore. She started the subject when I saw her. I feel bad as I suggested she go with Princess over 2 other options (Holiday Vacations was one and HAL was the other). I hope I steered her right but she is frustrated with this and she has not even gotten on the ship yet. She also has some pretty pricey excursions so this trip is not cheap for her (plus she is doing Princess land in addition to cruise).

 

I don't think it matters if you are on CC or not - people are going to find these new packages expensive.

Edited by Coral
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I wonder if they will be updating the elite mini bar swap out to one of these new options as well.  Any idea?

I doubt if it will be anything besides coffee and coco......like I can't believe we'll be able to get a chocolate banana.  Everytime we getone everyone around us wants to know what it is ( not a Mocktail) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Coral said:

I have a co-worker who is going on her first Alaskan cruise in 2 weeks (not on these boards). She stopped me yesterday to ask why the drink packages drastically had gone up. She planned on buying one but is not going to anymore. She started the subject when I saw her. I feel bad as I suggested she go with Princess over 2 other options (Holiday Vacations was one and HAL was the other). I hope I steered her right but she is frustrated with this and she has not even gotten on the ship yet. She also has some pretty pricey excursions so this trip is not cheap for her (plus she is doing Princess land in addition to cruise).

Please don't feel responsible if she doesn't enjoy herself...sometimes first time cruises on a new line have different ideas about how their vacation will go...especially if she booked high ended excursions.  I would just make a notation of things she shouldn't overlook ( like the International Cafe ) and give it to her with maybe a non plastic reusable straw😁 and hope for the best LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, myjillian said:

Please don't feel responsible if she doesn't enjoy herself...sometimes first time cruises on a new line have different ideas about how their vacation will go...especially if she booked high ended excursions.  I would just make a notation of things she shouldn't overlook ( like the International Cafe ) and give it to her with maybe a non plastic reusable straw😁 and hope for the best LOL

Yea - I should have said "first cruise" - it is an Alaskan cruise plus land with Princess which wasn't a last minute price. So this is a pricey vacation for them. This is literally a once in a lifetime trip for them.

Edited by Coral
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Coral said:

 

I don't think it matters if you are on CC or not - people are going to find these new packages expensive.

agreed - and we will evaluate the PBP , that's all we even consider anymore , for me and my wife will still bring on 2 bottles of wine ( hers and mine/hers ) and then just pay as we go

 

expensive - yes, when compared to land prices ... and who goes out to dinner and buys restaurant price drinks 7 nights a week ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, PoohUnderstands said:

On my most recent cruise a diet coke and a mocktail would have cost me around $6-7 each.  So I am basically paying $11 a day for the soda package.  Again, that isn't much.  I have a coke at lunch and a mocktail at dinner and possibly another one at a show.  So it definitely works for me.  So I don't see how you can say the new pricing is WAY out of line.  It just doesn't fit your needs or desires.  Now since I don't drink much booze or coffee, then I think those packages pricings are WAY out of line!  I guess you just need to act like an accountant and do the math and that will tell you whether or not to get a package or not!!

 

Pooh

At $12 a day and having only 1 mocktail a day (at around $5.50) you need to drink 4 glasses of fountain soda to get the breakeven point.

 

Otherwise, you could buy 1 mocktail a day and 3 cans of soda from the bar ($5.50, plus $2, $2, $2 - you're paying gratuity either way) for the same price. If you don't have that mocktail, you would have to drink a lot (a lot, a lot, a lot) of fountain soda to justify the package.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, meatloafsfan said:

At $12 a day and having only 1 mocktail a day (at around $5.50) you need to drink 4 glasses of fountain soda to get the breakeven point. 

I get the point you are making, but 4 glasses of fountain soda might cost Princess 4 cents for the drinks.  There is 1000000% profit in fountain drinks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, kywildcatfanone said:

I get the point you are making, but 4 glasses of fountain soda might cost Princess 4 cents for the drinks.  There is 1000000% profit in fountain drinks.

Oh, I know that - their bigger expense is washing the glasses when it comes to fountain soda.

 

For me - even though I am a soda drinker - the idea of drinking 6-7 glasses of fountain soda a day to just break even on the package seems excessive.

 

I'd rather buy some cans directly from the bar and pre-order some for the cabin. I'll get to drink just as much soda, know that it's never flat or warm or the mix "isn't quite right", and probably end up saving money in the end over the new package.

Edited by meatloafsfan
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

The value IMHO of the package is ordering a beverage and having it served in bars, lounges, and showrooms.  Usually order a Nojito light on the sugar syrup or club soda.  The price before was a bargain and now it is still acceptable.  The value is all what you are comparing to.  If you compare to drink service in entertainment venues, it is a value.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, happy cruzer said:

The value IMHO of the package is ordering a beverage and having it served in bars, lounges, and showrooms.  Usually order a Nojito light on the sugar syrup or club soda.  The price before was a bargain and now it is still acceptable.  The value is all what you are comparing to.  If you compare to drink service in entertainment venues, it is a value.

 

Yes, if you're a mocktail drinker, the package can still be a great value.

For those of us who really just get it for the convenience of being served soda, I find it a better value to just order cans now when I want them - for the cost of the package I can order 5 cans per day from a bar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

No passenger is ever forced to buy a beverage package - alcohol, coffee, soft drinks, water or any combination thereof.  It is incumbent upon the passenger to do the math and determine if it makes mathematical sense for their particular budget and level of consumption. 

 

Complaining that Princess (or any cruise line, land based restaurant, etc.) marks up the price considerably over what you would pay buying it at your local grocery or liquor store will get you no where since you are complaining to businesses that make a considerable portion of their profit off beverage sales.  The only thing that will get their attention is if sales drop off substantially after the introduction of the new packages and/or any increases in by the drink pricing.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, meatloafsfan said:

Yes, if you're a mocktail drinker, the package can still be a great value.

For those of us who really just get it for the convenience of being served soda, I find it a better value to just order cans now when I want them - for the cost of the package I can order 5 cans per day from a bar.

I suppose.  With the old package, I would get it and I would guess drink 4-5 fountain drinks a day, and get maybe 3 mocktails.  I still felt it was overpriced, but I never have been one to consider ala carte pricing of drinks to be remotely reasonable either on land or sea.

So what i will do now I think is just bring more soft drinks on board with me at embarkation and take those to the pool areas and just get ice from the bar.  Everyone values things differently, I just can't justify $80 for 4-5 fountain drinks and 3 mocktails a day.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, capriccio said:

No passenger is ever forced to buy a beverage package - alcohol, coffee, soft drinks, water or any combination thereof.  It is incumbent upon the passenger to do the math and determine if it makes mathematical sense for their particular budget and level of consumption. 

 

Complaining that Princess (or any cruise line, land based restaurant, etc.) marks up the price considerably over what you would pay buying it at your local grocery or liquor store will get you no where since you are complaining to businesses that make a considerable portion of their profit off beverage sales.  The only thing that will get their attention is if sales drop off substantially after the introduction of the new packages and/or any increases in by the drink pricing.

My friends were comparing it to the price the day before. They leave in 2 weeks and were finalizing things. Again, first time cruisers and already upset with Princess.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/29/2019 at 9:58 AM, cruzsnooze said:

This will eliminate all of us who only drink diet coke because the rest of the package is all high calorie sugary drinks. 

I lost interest when they eliminated the soda-only package, and forced you to buy the and more package

for nearly double the price.

 

I could claim I am less interested now, at the higher price, but I don't think that would actually be possible.

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably a dumb question but I haven't seen it directly answered.

 

I have booked/paid for the soda and more package 2 months ago for me and my husband. Will those still be honored? Will they be honored on the old or new conditions of the package?

I see that smoothies are now included (which I have never seen anywhere other than the sanctuary, so heres hoping the Star has readily available smoothies for us) but what about milkshakes? I have seen them mentioned but not in the terms of the package. My husband is a huge fan of milkshakes so this would be a big bonus for him.

 

Thanks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Nightowl11 said:

What I notice here in the fine print, it says: “as per the menu”. Does that mean you can only pick from their limited menu per area?  Usually there are only 4-5 mocktails listed but what if you want a Mocktail not on the menu such as the chocobanana Mocktail that everyone has been raving about?  Do you have to travel the ship to find it on a menu?  

We ran into this on Royal in March. (I should preface by saying that everything that could have been screwed up with drink packages for us WAS screwed up, so this might just have been another dose of that...). Basically, we were charged for drinks constantly, even though my kids both had the soda and more packages that were pre-purchased. I won't go into the long story of the nightmare we had trying to get it fixed BUT when we went to get the charges removed, they questioned the choco-banana charges, claiming that these weren't considered mocktails as they weren't on the mocktail menu! By this point I was ready to explode anyways so let them know in no uncertain terms that we have been buying this package for the past 13 years (since ultimate kids package, which was way better) and the ONLY thing my kid drinks is the choco-banana so it had darned well BETTER be included. At the time, I assumed it was just another screw up but now I'm wondering if this is actually the way they are going forward with these new packages! The new mocktail menu only had 4 mocktails listed, I believe - none of which were in the slightest bit appealing.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 The “soda and more pkg” is still showing available on our cruise personalizer as well as the new “classic bev pkg”  for our Feb 2020 cruise on Sky Princess. I just purchased the soda and more package and it went through no problem and  is now listed in my reservations and purchases.  I am confused as to why it is offering both when the only difference I can see is the smoothies and of course  an additional over $3.50 a day...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...