AARP CARNIVAL GIFT CARDS

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 9:16 PM, n6uqqq said:

I have purchased the 500 dollar ones and AARP never sends tracking info and it is not on their website either. I signed up for UPS for free and they will notify me when it is shipping and when it is due to be delivered. Works great because I divert it to a UPS store so I can pick it up after work.

Same here, I ordered two 500.00 cards this past Sunday, got no emails they shipped, looked on my UPS site and they showed shipped. they arrived at my UPS store on Wednesday. I am in SC, not sure where they shipped from.

I don't know if this has been posted in this thread or not. There's so many AARP threads that are active right now, I can't keep them all straight and some people only get pieces of the story (side note: that's why creating multiple threads for the same topic isn't always a good idea).

AARP got back to another user who contacted them and they said the webpage that's been passed around on here is outdated. They are still revamping the rewards program, though. That much is true. They said they will make an announcement with details at the end of this month.

I was told last week to give them a few days to re-send the gift card.  I would get an email with tracking info when it shipped.  Been 4 days, so I called again today.  She started with getting all my info, then explained 'they needed to start a ticket'.  I told her it was past time for a ticket.  She finally read all the notes from the phone calls, put me on hold for 5 minutes twice.  Then came back and said the card was returned, and they could sent it out again in a few days.  I said it had already been 'a few days' and I questioned why it wasn't already sent out.  She said, again, I would get tracking info when it shipped.  I told her I didn't last time, and really I was tired of calling and getting no where after 5 weeks.  I cancelled the order.  Unfortunate because I like the discount.  

11 minutes ago, BK89014 said:

I was told last week to give them a few days to re-send the gift card.  I would get an email with tracking info when it shipped.  Been 4 days, so I called again today.  She started with getting all my info, then explained 'they needed to start a ticket'.  I told her it was past time for a ticket.  She finally read all the notes from the phone calls, put me on hold for 5 minutes twice.  Then came back and said the card was returned, and they could sent it out again in a few days.  I said it had already been 'a few days' and I questioned why it wasn't already sent out.  She said, again, I would get tracking info when it shipped.  I told her I didn't last time, and really I was tired of calling and getting no where after 5 weeks.  I cancelled the order.  Unfortunate because I like the discount.  

I don't blame you. I probably would've said to heck with it, too. Hopefully after they complete the revamp of the rewards system, this shipping issue will fix itself. Because in all the time I've been a member of AARP rewards, and the countless threads and comments on this forum, I haven't seen such bad ordering/shipping problems before. Maybe it does have something to do with the fact that they're working on the new program.