Konigsdam August 1st 2020- OO cabin guarantee and other questions

steve4031

First, I would like to thank the people who worked with me on the Maasdam thread about the 14 day Alaska Cruise. While this is still firmly on my bucket list,  I decided to go with the August 1, 2020 departure of the Konigsdam because this is more in my price range.  I have a hold on the OO cabin which I have done a little research on and determined that there are only a few of these on the ship and that they are designed for the single traveler.  This is also a guarantee booking which provides an opportunity of an upgrade to a full sized outside view cabin.   I suspect this cruise will sell out and I will enjoy the OO cabin.  That being said,

What can you guys tell me about the OO cabins?

Since the Konigsdam is one of the newest ships I am sure it has better restaurant choices.  What are the things to look for? 

Thank you.  This is exciting.  

I have done additional research on these OO cabins.  They are on the main deck at the front of the ship under the world stage.  I suspect that this location has possibilities for noise and motion.  I have noise canceling headphones if I need to go that route to sleep.  I am thinking that since the main deck is lowest the motion won’t be too bad.  Am I missing anything?  

Those staterooms range from practically the same size as a regular ocean view, to downright tiny - depending how far forward your stateroom is.  I've booked one of the largest ones several times, but always ended up upgrading to a verandah stateroom after final payment when the fares dropped.  I have one of the largest ones booked again for November 2019 and December 2020...only time will tell whether I actually get to try it for the first time!

A fellow passenger in one of the 2nd largest ones showed it to some of us on the roll call, and claimed to not hear any noise from the World Stage.  I hope that's my experience, assuming I stick with my booked stateroom!

Sue/WDW1972

I have stayed in 1012 on Koningsdam twice (total 21 days) and on Nieuw Statendam once (14 days).

I enjoyed staying in that cabin, and would again. I had no problems with noise from either the World Stage, or the Billboard/RSRR area. It was nice that most of the entertainment venues were close by.

Thank you for the responses. Since there are relatively few of these OO cabins and I have a guarantee I see there is a chance of an upgrade to a regular outside cabin.  I would be happy with whatever I get though.  I’ve had insides on a carnival fantasy class ship and on the NCL sun and was happy with those cabins.  

I love that there are single cabin options.  Check out halfacts for photos of these cabins.  If/when my hubby doesn’t want to join me I’ll be booking one of the single cabins instead of sharing with a friend.  

The HalFacts was very helpful.  There are photos of these exact cabins.  Cross referencing the cabin number with the deck plan helps and determining the relative size of the cabins.  I would function well in this cabin. Anything else is gravy.  

• Like 1

I paid the deposit.  HAL sent a welcome email with link and I started the check in process.  The only thing that needs to be done is to add flight information and credit card information for the onboard account.  I downloaded the app and and was asked for an 8 digit pin number.  I do not understand where to get this number.  Maybe it is something that I get after check in?

What are the next steps?

The App, as far as I know is only workable on the ship.  They’ll have information on how to do it when you board.  

You’ve got a long time to wait now-when that happens to us I usually book a short cruise to tie me over!!