Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Amtrack Springfield

Booking Eurodam/Fall 2020

We are looking at booking the Eurodam for a September, 2020 Alaskan cruise and Panama Canal cruise. We have cruised on Princess and Royal Caribbean with the kids. What can you tell me about the Eurodam? How does it compare to Princess? We were looking at a deck 6 Verandah balcony cabin. What is the best deck to be on? Thanks! 

I have never sailed on Princess so I can't compare the two.  We just returned from 7 Day Alaskan Explorer on Sunday on the Eurodam.  We stayed in cabins 8129 and 8127, both are Veranda rooms.  We did hear some chairs in the Lido but was not bad.  It was directly under the Lido and straight up from the dining room.  We really like the location of these rooms, very convenient.

If you look around the board there is tons of info on the Eurodam. She is a great ship...have sailed on her twice.

What is the "best" deck is a very subjective and vague question. Define what "best" means to you...

Eurodam is a fine ship.  We've sailed on her twice.

Deck 6 is sandwiched between 2 passenger decks, so I think that would be a good choice.

We enjoyed dinner in the Tamarind.

we are  thinking about taking of doing another Alaskan cruise on Eurodam during that  same time frame. Haven't been on the other lines, but our 2018 Eurodam cruise was great! had cabin 5065 (verandah) and we absolutely loved it. No noises at all. Only bad thing we enncountered was, when you were in your cabin, you couldn't understand any messages being announced over the PA system.

Love her! 6054 for us midship always get

wether signature suite or a veranda we  enjoy port side but everyone is different ‘

Have a great time on her.

Denise 😊

In April we were in 8103. Loved the height for the balcony view but it is under the Lido.

Normally this is not a problem but 8103 has a fire door in the passageway between it and the next cabin forward.

This means there is also a fire door above in the Lido. The fire door has a pronounced threshold.

Every time a crew member pushed a cart across it in the Lido, the noise was quite loud in the cabin.

If you are a light sleeper, I would avoid 8103. We were in it for 28 days.