New lounge chairs for Journey

marinaro44

4 minutes ago, marinaro44 said:

300+ new lounge chairs coming on board Journey today in Cadiz.

Indeed but more go off than come on I hear ;(

Edited by uktog

8 minutes ago, DebbieMacG said:

Here they are 😀

C56DFAA1-AE96-47C4-96AF-43C264DE332D.jpeg

72CA071E-6458-4F37-9DCE-23160A9A18C5.jpeg

And the back of them are shin stabbers if you look at the back of the chair in the second picture that metal sticks out a little so if the chair is slightly further back than it’s neighbor and you don’t see it ouch. I’d forgotten this flaw from Pursuit and knocked my leg today  The rake is more difficult to get out of for me and as they are lighter weight they move backwards as you stand up. They look nice but they are style over substance 

Edited by uktog

6 hours ago, uktog said:

And the back of them are shin stabbers if you look at the back of the chair in the second picture that metal sticks out a little so if the chair is slightly further back than it’s neighbor and you don’t see it ouch. I’d forgotten this flaw from Pursuit and knocked my leg today  The rake is more difficult to get out of for me and as they are lighter weight they move backwards as you stand up. They look nice but they are style over substance 

"They look nice but they are style over substance". I like that. Can be used about many things. 😈😈Wooaaww

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

There are a number on Pursuit that I noticed are broken or need repair.  The screws seem to come out readily. 

Phil 

I remember the old teak ones, very heavy and labour intensive to maintain but quality, would have liked a couple for my garden.

Edited by Bloodaxe

Unfortunately getting in and out and sitting comfortably if you’ve a lower spine condition they just don’t work. I appreciate I’m in the minority but I’ve just lost something important. 

On 6/1/2019 at 1:43 PM, uktog said:

Unfortunately getting in and out and sitting comfortably if you’ve a lower spine condition they just don’t work. I appreciate I’m in the minority but I’ve just lost something important. 

They don’t look easy to get in and out of if you have any physical issues, I’ve been spending my time in the sanctuary area so haven’t tried them but I don’t think looking at them they would work for me either. You would need to be able to shuffle backwards and forwards to sit on them.

Edited by DebbieMacG

40 minutes ago, DebbieMacG said:

They don’t look easy to get in and out of if you have any physical issues, I’ve been spending my time in the sanctuary area so haven’t tried them but I don’t think looking at them they would work for me either. You would need to be able to shuffle backwards and forwards to sit on them.

You did well getting a pass for there. Did you go very early on embarkation? 

• 2 weeks later...

I emailed special assistance before the cruise about not being able to get in the main pool via the ladder steps (think maybe it was you or Phil who suggested this, so thanks) and so they agreed to organise me a pass to the sanctum in advance so I could use that pool, it was fantastic and I used it every day apart from when we were in London and it helped a lot. The spa staff couldn’t have been more helpful.

• Like 1

On 6/2/2019 at 5:14 PM, uktog said:

You did well getting a pass for there. Did you go very early on embarkation? 

I sometimes think that even a wee bit of space between them can make such a difference to getting 'into them'. When they are so close, it can maybe be tricky  for even the most able bodied?

• Like 1