Round The World Voyage 2021

Although I went to a number of the same ports on the 2018 RTW voyage, this one has so many attractive new places that I signed up today for a solo inner cabin similar to my previous one on Deck 10.  I was pleased to see the price has reduced from this and next year too.  Anyone else booked so far?

Edited by Beltonian

Well, it's possible that the prices may come down so that you may be able to afford an inner cabin which, if you have never travelled on the Columbus before, are extremely comfortable and roomy for a solo passenger.  I worked out that I have over a year before I have to pay the balance which is useful.  Of course, on top of the fare you have travel insurance costs, gratuities etc before you even leave the dock at Tilbury!

• 3 weeks later...

No, I've not been on Columbus before and only done 2 one week cruises previously, so it was a big step to book 120 days,  but the itinerary swung it for me. It's encouraging to know that you enjoyed the last one so much you booked another one.

I would classify it as cruising without the frills.  It represents what I feel is good value for money (look at how much other cruise lines charge for RTW trips) and, on my last world cruise, I met many people, like myself, who had never taken the "big step" before and, from my conversations, did not regret that they had.  I'm sure you will really enjoy it.  Ignore the complainers and the "well, it wasn't like this on Holland America, NCL, Cunard etc" of which there can be a few, of course.  Regrettably, most of them tend to be British who expect 5* service for 3* prices!  Surprisingly (to me, at least), on my trip, the ones who were the most stoic and accepting were from over the Atlantic.

If you see a man in his early 70s walking around with a "Run Norwich" T shirt on that will be me.  Do say hello.

Stephen

• 11 months later...

For your and my sake, I hope it happens but I'm afraid I am getting more and more pessimistic about it given the world-wide situation at present.  I know we have 6 months before embarkation in Tilbury but will the programmed ports be willing/able to take cruise ships in the first 4 months of next year?  The Seychelles Government has already closed Victoria until 2022.  How many others will follow suit?

• 2 weeks later...