Avalon Active & Discovery on the Danube

wizaussie

My wife and I leave today for our Avalon cruise from Prague to Budapest.  We will be staying in Prague for 4 nights and then go to Linz to board the Impression.  This our second river cruise and are looking forward to it.  A couple of years ago we did the AMA Rhine River cruise.  We appreciate all the information and ideas we received on the forum and will definitely write a review when we finish.  Currently watching the water levels.

Thank you for joining us here and I look forward to seeing your infos and review. I think the Active and Discovery has some unique features that have not been mentioned much here yet. Will you board in Linz due to the river being too high for going to Vilshofen or Passau (or Nuremberg)?

Have a great trip.

notamermaid

As far as I know we are still boarding in Linz.  Probably won't hear anything definitive until we are in Prague.  The tour includes 3 days in Prague so hopefully we'll see some dry weather arrive.

Ron

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/30/2019 at 7:37 AM, wizaussie said:

My wife and I leave today for our Avalon cruise from Prague to Budapest.  We will be staying in Prague for 4 nights and then go to Linz to board the Impression.  This our second river cruise and are looking forward to it.  A couple of years ago we did the AMA Rhine River cruise.  We appreciate all the information and ideas we received on the forum and will definitely write a review when we finish.  Currently watching the water levels.

Did I miss your review of your trip? We are taking the same trip (our first Europe trip or river cruise) in August and would love to hear about it.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2019 at 11:36 AM, wizaussie said:

We return on June 13.  Currently in Vienna on our way to Budapest.   So far it's been fabulous.   Review coming upon completion. 

Did we miss your trip report?

• Like 1

On 6/9/2019 at 9:36 AM, wizaussie said:

We return on June 13.  Currently in Vienna on our way to Budapest.   So far it's been fabulous.   Review coming upon completion. 

How was your trip? Still watching for your report. We are taking the same trip in 3 weeks.

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2019 at 9:54 AM, notamermaid said:

Thank you for joining us here and I look forward to seeing your infos and review. I think the Active and Discovery has some unique features that have not been mentioned much here yet. Will you board in Linz due to the river being too high for going to Vilshofen or Passau (or Nuremberg)?

Have a great trip.

notamermaid

We will be on that same cruise starting 8/26.  (minus the pre-cruise extension days in Prague.)  The cruise always begins in Linz and has nothing to do with water levels.  On day One, we actually sail upriver to Engelhartzell overnight for a choice of daytime excursions, then an afternoon cruise through the scenic Schlogen Oxbow before overnighting in Linz.  Then on downriver to Budapest.  Looks like temps are going to be in the 70s F!  Perfect.  Perhaps the heatwave has broken.  We've had a long series of 100+ days here in Texas.  We're ready for a cool down.