Carnival Credit Card

21 minutes ago, coevan said:

really, CCL only pays 1% on MOST purchases, I charge everything, including insurance, phone, utilities, a once a year cruise even at 3X points, is a minimal advantage

I, too, charge everything, including including all possible insurance, phone, and utilities to this card.  And I am very satisfied with the rewards I get for doing so.

I suppose minimal is in the eye of the beholder.  Or maybe it is a matter of my spending habits and regular use of RB which makes my advantage from this CC so much more than minimal.

In 2016, I cashed in 179,000 FPs for a statement credit of $2,700.

In 2017, I cashed in 172,000 FPs for a statement credit of $2,600.

And those were just my two most recent cash-ins.

In the first quarter of 2020, I will cash in over 300,000 FPs for a statement credit of more than $4500.

That's about $10,000 of free cruising money in just a few years.  I don't call that minimal.  But, like I said, we are all different and thus do and look at things differently.

1 hour ago, ShakyBeef said:

I average at least 2% on everything on my Carnival Mastercard, not just travel.  No annual fee.  And my Carnival MC comes with everything you list and more:

• ·        10% reFUNd

• ·        No Foreign Transaction Fees

• ·        No limit on points you can earn

• ·        Online account servicing

• ·        Go Mobile

• ·        Sail & Sign Card Convenience

• ·        Complimentary FICO Score online access

• ·        Alerts

• ·        24-hour customer service

• ·        0% promo APR for 6 months

• ·        Extended Warranty

• ·        Purchase Assurance

• ·        World Mastercard Concierge

• ·        ShopRunner

• ·        Price Protection

• ·        Satisfaction Guarantee

• ·        $0 Fraud Liability protection

• ·        Chip Card Technology

• ·        Mastercard ID Theft Protection

• ·        No Foreign Transaction Fees

• ·        Travel Accident Insurance

• ·        Baggage Delay

• ·        Travel Assistance

• ·        Chip Card Technology

• ·        Auto Rental Collision Damage Waiver

• ·        Mastercard Global Service

• ·        Trip Cancellation & Interruption

•       RewardsBoost Shopping Portal to multiply points fast

This one has all of the same one Carnival has plus a lot more.  The travel insurance which is worth a lot more to us than a no fee card which we also have. 3-3/4% on gas and more. We cruise a lot and that fee is nothing to cover every trip and cruise we take.  I know of NO card that has FREE travel insurance. It has other features to increase the points on everything up to an additional 3/4% no limit either. Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent (Not just to pay for a cruise) on travel and dining purchases and 1.5 points for every $1 spent on all other purchases. You use your Carnival card I will use mine which is worth more to ME than the carnival card I had. You will be happy and so will I.

9 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

This one has all of the same one Carnival has plus a lot more.  The travel insurance which is worth a lot more to us than a no fee card which we also have. 3-3/4% on gas and more. We cruise a lot and that fee is nothing to cover every trip and cruise we take.  I know of NO card that has FREE travel insurance. It has other features to increase the points on everything up to an additional 3/4% no limit either. Earn unlimited 2 points for every $1 spent (Not just to pay for a cruise) on travel and dining purchases and 1.5 points for every $1 spent on all other purchases. You use your Carnival card I will use mine which is worth more to ME than the carnival card I had. You will be happy and so will I.

The Carnival MC does indeed have some FREE travel insurance (as noted in the bulleted benefit list of mine you just quoted), maybe not the best coverage, but included as a FREE card benefit.  So, yeah.  Now you know of ONE card that does.:classic_wink:  But, I completely agree with you on your final point.  You do you, I'll do me, and we'll both be happy.  Happy Sails.:classic_smile:

PS -  Totally OT for this thread but you didn't answer me on your roller coaster one and I am still curious and confused: what, pray tell, is a "cruise concealer"?  For the life of me, I can't even guess at what that might be.😕

Fortunately, we booked our Feb 2019 cruise on the Barclay Carnival card. Two days before our departure date, my husband broke his big toe and went to urgent care. The doctor said he absolutely could not go on the cruise, as he had to have his leg elevated for at least a week, and ice his toe for 20 minutes of every waking hour.  We were so thankful that the card included trip cancellation insurance and after filling out all the paper work, we received the entire money back!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1