Suite Perks Questions

hylas102

I'm sailing on the Regal Princess in an aft suite in a few months (our first Princess cruise!) and I'm curious to know how the embarkation night complimentary specialty dining dinner works.  Do we get to select the restaurant and time?  Who do we talk to about making the choice, and does that only happen once we're aboard?

I would also appreciate recommendations for who should be our point of contact for the various perks available "upon request," and making arrangements onboard.  Should we ask the concierge in the lounge, our stateroom attendant, or call Guest Services?  

I'm really excited to be sailing on Princess for the first time, just trying to sort out who does what in advance as cruise fever takes hold.  Thank you!

• Like 1

My favorite perks are breakfast in Sabatini's and ordering from the main dining room menu for meal delivery to the suite. We never took a single meal in the main dining room on our last Princess cruise. I had a talk with the room steward on boarding day and requested the MDR menus be delivered daily. 

Sabatini's breakfast was excellent - also club class dining was nice for the no wait, same waiters ... except the last night it was packed and we went to another table ... just as good, just not as familiar

we're not really room service people, but ... we did order lunch for the balcony a couple of days

Yes!  You can select the restaurant and the time.  Do that right after you get onboard.  You can call the dine line or can check in with the concierge and he or she will take care of it for you.  The concierge should be able to make any other arrangements for you as well.  They make it easy!  If you want to swap out your mini bar though it's best to call Room Service directly to do that.

Here's the full list of perks (also check the PDF file on the same page):  https://www.princess.com/learn/ships/staterooms/suites/ .  One of the things we like is being able to order items from the main dining room menu through Room Service.  With your massive aft balcony, you should have a wonderful private setting for doing this.  If it interests you, just tell your steward to leave the menus in your room each day.

7 minutes ago, memoak said:

There is no concierge on Princess - just a steward.  Just go to the restaurant you want to use the first night and they will take your reservation

On Regal and Royal, at least, there is a concierge.

Jim

1 hour ago, john_galt said:

My favorite perks are breakfast in Sabatini's and ordering from the main dining room menu for meal delivery to the suite. We never took a single meal in the main dining room on our last Princess cruise. I had a talk with the room steward on boarding day and requested the MDR menus be delivered daily. 

Interesting, but not really related to their question.

Edited by bemis12

17 minutes ago, memoak said:

There is no concierge on Princess - just a steward.  Just go to the restaurant you want to use the first night and they will take your reservation

OP is sailing on Regal, which most definitely has both a Concierge and Suite lounge for Suite passenegers. As does Royal, Majestic, etc. It was added beginning with Royal and is on all Royal class ships 

23 minutes ago, reedprincess said:

OP is sailing on Regal, which most definitely has both a Concierge and Suite lounge for Suite passenegers. As does Royal, Majestic, etc. It was added beginning with Royal and is on all Royal class ships 

I only sail on the smaller and Grand class ships so that explains it

2 hours ago, hylas102 said:

Do we get to select the restaurant and time?  Who do we talk to about making the choice, and does that only happen once we're aboard?

Reservations for your complimentary first night Specialty Dining can be made only after you board. We’ve never had a problem getting a reservation. Ever. You can call the DINE line once you are aboard or, as I do, stop into your restaurant of choice as you are exploring the ship after boarding and speak directly with restaurant staff. I’ve found the DINE line to at times be really busy on embarkation day. 

I would also appreciate recommendations for who should be our point of contact for the various perks available "upon request," and making arrangements onboard.  Should we ask the concierge in the lounge, our stateroom attendant, or call Guest Services?  

For suite guests there is a separate dedicated queue to the purser’s desk. It is always shorter, often MUCH shorter, than the regular line. Use it for requests that are not immediately intuitive. 

Many of the “upon request” items will be handled by your room steward. 

Others by room service. 

Edited by Ep010835

Often they call you to ask what time and place for the first night dining...

Also don't forget club class dining and lunches on sea day and on boarding..

And you can swap things in your mini bar   ( ring room service )

And the most important enjoy yourselves.....

( warning once in a suite there is no going back.... lol )

Cheers Don

Ps we have to wait 195 day before in a suite again   .... why is it always so long ??

We are traveling on the regal in July and our parents are in a suite, but the rest of the party will be in regular cabins.  If we all dine together does everyone get the benefits of the suite guests like club class dining and breakfast at sabatini's ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Blzer99 said:

We are traveling on the regal in July and our parents are in a suite, but the rest of the party will be in regular cabins.  If we all dine together does everyone get the benefits of the suite guests like club class dining and breakfast at sabatini's ?

Definitely not ... but your parents can join the rest of you in regular dining venues.

The 'Concierge Lounge' (or VIP lounge as it is called on the Majestic) is on deck 14 and is only for suite guests.  There is a dedicated concierge in there who will help you with absolutely anything and everything.  You can visit in person for assistance, or there will be a dedicated concierge phone number listed near your in-suite phone.   The lounge is a lovely little area where there are complimentary speciality coffees and teas, a full range of sweet and savory snacks, a small library and televisions.  On the Majestic we found it was almost always empty except for the concierge.  Enjoy!  

18 hours ago, bemis12 said:

Interesting, but not really related to their question.

Having the MDR menus delivered to your cabin daily IS a perk for suites.   So it is related to their question

1 minute ago, compozer said:

Having the MDR menus delivered to your cabin daily IS a perk for suites.   So it is related to their question

Only if you don't read their question and you think they are asking what the perks are for suites.............

21 hours ago, reedprincess said:

Yes to that! We went straight to passenger services(deck 6) after we boarded the Royal to book the specialty restaurant and time. You will see a special line for suite and Elite passengers. They will help you with your reservations.  Enjoy your cruise! 

Edited by HBCcruiser

Specialty restaurants are typically not packed or busy on embarkation evening.  The suite perk of offering a complimentary meal in a specialty restaurant is a low cost way of providing a "perk" to suite passengers and putting employees to work on an otherwise very low traffic evening.  Suite passengers are also considered the "high rollers" of cruising, which means that giving away a free meal in a specialty restaurant may encourage these passengers to come back again at another time in the same cruise and actually spend money.

I'll happily take the complimentary meal in the Crown Grill, Sabatini's or wherever else, that is included in my suite fare, but generally stick to Club Class MDR dining the rest of the cruise.