Jump to content

My View: 14 Days of Chasing the Sun on Seaside


Recommended Posts

14 hours ago, aprilF said:

Just updating that iMessage did not work on the Armonia in case anyone else was wondering about that ship 

@aprilF Thank you for taking the time to return here and update us.  😊  I am currently on Meraviglia and the iMessage works most of the time.  For my son’s phone it will sometimes not work... don’t know why.  I will send him a message and it will turn green rather than blue. 

 

The MSC for Me app has a message feature too, but you have to open the app to even see if you have a message. Otherwise, the app works very well!

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, psmarkle said:

I, too, am an educator and bound by the school calendar.  I truly look forward to the retiree discount days.  I very, very, very much enjoyed your review and am eagerly anticipating your new review from this cruise!!  Thank you for giving of yourself to us here on CC!

@psmarkle  Thank you for your comments!  I am thankful for the great deals we get on MSC!  We are currently on a Christmas sailing on Meraviglia and the price was almost half what it would have been on Royal Caribbean or NCL for this week.  Enjoy your well deserved break from school this week!  😊

Link to post
Share on other sites

Thank you for your review. EXCELLENT! We're looking at Christmas cruises for 2020 and MSC Seaside Christmas cruise aligns with our budget. I found your Mera review and then went searching for this one. We love rccl but 2K per person for a balcony, nope I ain't gonna be able to do it. 😃 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/27/2019 at 8:00 AM, APDMOM said:

@aprilF Thank you for taking the time to return here and update us.  😊  I am currently on Meraviglia and the iMessage works most of the time.  For my son’s phone it will sometimes not work... don’t know why.  I will send him a message and it will turn green rather than blue. 

 

The MSC for Me app has a message feature too, but you have to open the app to even see if you have a message. Otherwise, the app works very well!

I suspect the ability to use the app is the difference. On the Armonia the MSC app does not work. I was really hoping that was something they were going to add during her dry dock last month. 

 

As for the green imessage messages, that just happens to me sometimes. No rhyme or reason that I can detect. Never the same person, same network, etc.. I know a couple of people with iPhones that never notice it happening to them. It happens to many others though. Used to really bother me when i paid for non iPhone to iPhone texts but getting those charges reversed was always way more trouble than it was worth. 

 

Hope you are still enjoying your cruise, I am a few days behind in reading!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...

Just wanted to say thanks to @APDMOM for putting this together. We're taking our first cruise ever this year on the MSC Seaside and this has really helped. 

 

Do you happen to know if there is separate pricing for upgrades to the drink packages? We have the pricing fo rthe Premium, for example, but as we already have the Easy included with our Aurea suite I figure there must be different pricing levels for upgrades?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Saltlick said:

Just wanted to say thanks to @APDMOM for putting this together. We're taking our first cruise ever this year on the MSC Seaside and this has really helped. 

 

Do you happen to know if there is separate pricing for upgrades to the drink packages? We have the pricing fo rthe Premium, for example, but as we already have the Easy included with our Aurea suite I figure there must be different pricing levels for upgrades?

Yes, you should be able to upgrade for a lower price than just buying premium.  You will probably have to call MSC if you do not see the reduced price for the upgrade. 🙂 Enjoy your first cruise!  You chose an excellent ship - much better than what we chose for our first cruise.  

 

Welcome to the addiction of “cruise-life“!

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 3 weeks later...

Thanks so much for the detailed review. We go May 30th! Was there a safety net in the zip line? I'd like to try but nervous about the heights and safety...

 

This will be our 2nd MSC cruise. We did Armonia last summer (educator) and I loved the pizza. Had it everyday for lunch or snack. I found it pretty close to Naples, Italy quality. Was it the same on Seaside? 

 

Did you get your CC party pic? I found last year I had to go to photos and request it. It was nice and worth the trouble.

 

Thanks!

Meg

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 8:48 AM, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

Thanks so much for the detailed review. We go May 30th! Was there a safety net in the zip line? I'd like to try but nervous about the heights and safety...

 

This will be our 2nd MSC cruise. We did Armonia last summer (educator) and I loved the pizza. Had it everyday for lunch or snack. I found it pretty close to Naples, Italy quality. Was it the same on Seaside? 

 

Did you get your CC party pic? I found last year I had to go to photos and request it. It was nice and worth the trouble.

 

Thanks!

Meg

There are no safety nets below the zipline. Check out

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/19/2020 at 8:48 AM, AerynSun_JohnCrighton said:

Thanks so much for the detailed review. We go May 30th! Was there a safety net in the zip line? I'd like to try but nervous about the heights and safety...

 

This will be our 2nd MSC cruise. We did Armonia last summer (educator) and I loved the pizza. Had it everyday for lunch or snack. I found it pretty close to Naples, Italy quality. Was it the same on Seaside? 

 

Did you get your CC party pic? I found last year I had to go to photos and request it. It was nice and worth the trouble.

 

Thanks!

Meg

 

Hi Meg!

 

Yes, the pizza was very good!  We also got a CC party picture.  It is a nice souvenir, as we met some great new cruise friends last year.

 

We are going again on May 30th too!  Come join our roll call: 🙂

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising.co.uk
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...