Time to get from RCC ship to Belize Airport?

Liberty Of The Seas arrives at Belize City at 8:00am.  I would like to charter a helicopter out of Belize Municipal Airport.  This is the small city airport that is in town and not far away from the port.  It is not the international airport.  I am trying to figure out what would be a safe time for me to schedule the flight, without wasting the day by choosing a flight that leaves unnecessarily late in the morning.  In other words, I want to get off the ship, take the sight-seeing flight, and then go do other things in Belize before I get back on the ship. 

How much time should I allow to stand in line on the ship,  to tender, and make it to the airport?  I have no idea how many tender boats there are, or if the process is efficient, or if I could be stuck on the ship for an hour and a half.  Any help would be appreciated, as I don't want to schedule the flight and then find that I cannot meet the flight...

Thank you so much for providing a best and worst case scenario!

Edited by Caribbean Allan
grammer correction

Because of the very shallow waters there, the ships anchor far, far out.  As I recall, smaller speedboat type tenders are used, and the travel time can be more than 30 minutes.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Caribbean Allan said:

Liberty Of The Seas arrives at Belize City at 8:00am.  I would like to charter a helicopter out of Belize Municipal Airport.  This is the small city airport that is in town and not far away from the port.  It is not the international airport.  I am trying to figure out what would be a safe time for me to schedule the flight, without wasting the day by choosing a flight that leaves unnecessarily late in the morning.  In other words, I want to get off the ship, take the sight-seeing flight, and then go do other things in Belize before I get back on the ship. 

How much time should I allow to stand in line on the ship,  to tender, and make it to the airport?  I have no idea how many tender boats there are, or if the process is efficient, or if I could be stuck on the ship for an hour and a half.  Any help would be appreciated, as I don't want to schedule the flight and then find that I cannot meet the flight...

Thank you so much for providing a best and worst case scenario!

You might also want to try the port of call forum: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/forum/65-belize/