Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
Casino Comp Chick

When to book a Suite Guarantee

Recommended Posts

I have seen mention of this and was wondering when they are available for booking for the largest ships, Anthem, Oasis class etc.  Also to members who have booked, what category have you wound up with?

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Casino Comp Chick said:

I have seen mention of this and was wondering when they are available for booking for the largest ships, Anthem, Oasis class etc.  Also to members who have booked, what category have you wound up with?

Thanks!

 

There's no way to predict when a guarantee will be available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Booked a WS or JS guarantee 3 times and got a Junior Suite every time. Assigned once in 24 hours, once in 1 week and once 4 days before sailing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sometimes there is never a guarantee suite offer on a cruise.  Sometimes there is.  Nothing about it is predictable or regular.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If there IS a "suite gty"....book it! The least you'll get is a JS.  I see no harm in it at all.  They are not available on every sailing.....so if you see one....jump on it!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Historically.....has anyone noticed if they offer suite gtys when they have an abundance of suites left or only a few scattered cabins in each category? I am looking at one sailing and they currently have over 100 Jr suites to Royal suites available so I am curious to know if they offer them up early or late.

Thanks!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Casino Comp Chick said:

Historically.....has anyone noticed if they offer suite gtys when they have an abundance of suites left or only a few scattered cabins in each category? I am looking at one sailing and they currently have over 100 Jr suites to Royal suites available so I am curious to know if they offer them up early or late.

Typically they come later in the selling cycle and very rarely do you get anything but a W GTY - only JS availability really matters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We have booked suite guarantees twice since October 2018, and the first one (12/18 on Adventure) was assigned a Jr Ste midship 3 days ahead of the cruise.  We upgraded our booking for this September on Anthem to a suite guarantee at the beginning of March and final payment is next week.  Currently Jr Ste shows as sold out for this cruise, so it will be interesting to see if we get a cabin assigned soon after cancellations take place, or wait till a few days before the cruise again.  

 

I've seen suite guarantees show up months ahead occasionally.  Usually they've populated closer to the cruise date for us.  And I've seen them on all classes so far.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's been 9 years since I've sailed RCCL, but at that time, the Jr. Suite wasn't considered a true suite.  Is that still the case? Or did RCCL change things so that those in the Jr. Suites get early boarding and the same perks as a "full" suite?  I didn't think the Jr. Suite was bad, then again, I just like the priority boarding. 🙂

 

I can remember my former inlaws telling the people at check-in, that they were in a suite and arguing with them at check-in when they were told that it wasn't a "true suite".  My former inlaws I guess eventually got their point across, because they were allowed to board with us as we were in a Owners Suite (and no, our reservations weren't linked).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, barbeyg said:

We have booked suite guarantees twice since October 2018, and the first one (12/18 on Adventure) was assigned a Jr Ste midship 3 days ahead of the cruise.  We upgraded our booking for this September on Anthem to a suite guarantee at the beginning of March and final payment is next week.  Currently Jr Ste shows as sold out for this cruise, so it will be interesting to see if we get a cabin assigned soon after cancellations take place, or wait till a few days before the cruise again.  

 

I've seen suite guarantees show up months ahead occasionally.  Usually they've populated closer to the cruise date for us.  And I've seen them on all classes so far.

 

Awesome, thank you for the info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, olemissreb said:

It's been 9 years since I've sailed RCCL, but at that time, the Jr. Suite wasn't considered a true suite.  Is that still the case? Or did RCCL change things so that those in the Jr. Suites get early boarding and the same perks as a "full" suite?  I didn't think the Jr. Suite was bad, then again, I just like the priority boarding. 🙂

 

I can remember my former inlaws telling the people at check-in, that they were in a suite and arguing with them at check-in when they were told that it wasn't a "true suite".  My former inlaws I guess eventually got their point across, because they were allowed to board with us as we were in a Owners Suite (and no, our reservations weren't linked).

 

It is a mini-suite with mini privileges.  :classic_smile:  A Jr Ste does not receive full suite benefits, but does get priority check in.  The person at check-in was wrong when they tried telling your former inlaws that they didn't get priority boarding.  Jr Ste will get double points, upgraded amenities, and Coastal Kitchen dinners only if Coastal Kitchen is on the ship.  Those are the biggies for us, I'm sure there are probably more.  But, no suite lounge privileges, no all-day access to Coastal Kitchen.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, barbeyg said:

 

It is a mini-suite with mini privileges.  :classic_smile:  A Jr Ste does not receive full suite benefits, but does get priority check in.  The person at check-in was wrong when they tried telling your former inlaws that they didn't get priority boarding.  Jr Ste will get double points, upgraded amenities, and Coastal Kitchen dinners only if Coastal Kitchen is on the ship.  Those are the biggies for us, I'm sure there are probably more.  But, no suite lounge privileges, no all-day access to Coastal Kitchen.  

It was 9 years ago that this happened, and I thought I had read somewhere that back then there was no priority boarding for Jr. Stes.  I know Coastal Kitchen didn't exist on the AOS 9 years ago.  Good to know for future reference though if I'm ever sailing with other friends or family.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 10:03 AM, Casino Comp Chick said:

I have seen mention of this and was wondering when they are available for booking for the largest ships, Anthem, Oasis class etc.  Also to members who have booked, what category have you wound up with?

Thanks!

I booked a suite guarantee on Anthem a few weeks ago for a 9 night September cruise. I was originally in a balcony. At the time I switched there were no JS available to book, but there were several full suites, up to Star class.

 

  When I called to switch to the guarantee, the RCI rep indicated that there were two suite guarantees left. A couple days later the option was gone. 

 

There are now only 3 suites available to book. As of now, I have not been assigned a room.   Since I’m solo any JS  will be okay with me. The following 14 nights I’ll be in a larger balcony stateroom, which I had booked a long time ago so I have the same stateroom for those two. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Croozin Soozin said:

I booked a suite guarantee on Anthem a few weeks ago for a 9 night September cruise. I was originally in a balcony. At the time I switched there were no JS available to book, but there were several full suites, up to Star class.

 

  When I called to switch to the guarantee, the RCI rep indicated that there were two suite guarantees left. A couple days later the option was gone. 

 

There are now only 3 suites available to book. As of now, I have not been assigned a room.   Since I’m solo any JS  will be okay with me. The following 14 nights I’ll be in a larger balcony stateroom, which I had booked a long time ago so I have the same stateroom for those two. 

 

How is the pricing on the GTY’s? Is it between the balcony and jr suite pricing?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Casino Comp Chick said:

 

How is the pricing on the GTY’s? Is it between the balcony and jr suite pricing?

I believe it was $2884, just over a thousand more than I was paying for the balcony, it’s a 9 night cruise.   I did it for the 3 points per night making me pinnacle 18 nights into my 23 night cruise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Croozin Soozin said:

I believe it was $2884, just over a thousand more than I was paying for the balcony, it’s a 9 night cruise.   I did it for the 3 points per night making me pinnacle 18 nights into my 23 night cruise. 

 

Sorry next question....How do you earn 3X points? I know of the double points for suites but where does the 3rd set come from? 

Thank you again for your help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Casino Comp Chick said:

 

Sorry next question....How do you earn 3X points? I know of the double points for suites but where does the 3rd set come from? 

Thank you again for your help.

You get an additional point per night for travelling solo in a double occupancy cabin.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The third point comes from sailing solo in a suite.  So one point for sailing, second for being solo and third for being solo in a suite. 

 

So 55 points for 23 nights!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Croozin Soozin said:

The third point comes from sailing solo in a suite.  So one point for sailing, second for being solo and third for being solo in a suite

 

So 55 points for 23 nights!

 

Wording is a bit confusing. You get an extra point for sailing in a suite and an extra point for sailing solo.    Or say two extra points per night for sailing solo in a suite.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

 

Wording is a bit confusing. You get an extra point for sailing in a suite and an extra point for sailing solo.  

I see what you mean. Thanks for clarifying!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...