Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
John Reid

Can guests come aboard ship on U.S. port day?

We have taken the Canada/NE cruise several times on Grandeur, Anthem, and Summit and will again in July. My son and his family live just north of Boston (our first stop), and we visit them during the day. I would like to have them come and see the ship and come aboard for about two hours. I know that if I call RCCI, I'll probably get a different answer each time.

Is it possible for guests to come aboard? I'd like for my 5-year-old granddaughter to see the ship so she can hound her parents into joining us for a cruise. Thanks in advance.

1 minute ago, John Reid said:

We have taken the Canada/NE cruise several times on Grandeur, Anthem, and Summit and will again in July. My son and his family live just north of Boston (our first stop), and we visit them during the day. I would like to have them come and see the ship and come aboard for about two hours. I know that if I call RCCI, I'll probably get a different answer each time.

Is it possible for guests to come aboard? I'd like for my 5-year-old granddaughter to see the ship so she can hound her parents into joining us for a cruise. Thanks in advance.

I would think this wouldn't be allowed.  I'm sure there are security risk issues and clearances that would have to be done, well in advance, if it was an option.   

Not since 9-11 that I know of. Years ago you could, but that was many years ago.

Local Travel agents sell tours of ships in Pt Canaveral all the time. Slightly different use case.

No.  No, they will not get permission to come aboard.  Visit them as you usually do.

Not anymore...."back in the day", it was common.  Now, with threats of violence, only those who have PAID to be on the ship are allowed.

Princess Cruise Lines does have this type of program, but they are discontinuing it after this June. People paid to have lunch and a tour of the ship. The article I read stated that Princess was re—evaluating the program to determine how to best enhance the experience. 

How about in foreign ports?  We have family in the Philippines, would love to show them Quantum while we are in port in Subic Bay or Ilocos or Manila.