Jump to content

Princess Accessibility Office.... 10 day delay?!


Recommended Posts

We just decided to book a last minute Alaska cruise on Princess.  We'll be stepping off a Holland America ship and same day transferring to Princess.  The issue is that I have an injury and need to coordinate a bit with Princess's Accessibility Office.  Holland's office was great.  They replied within 24 hours and were super responsive to my email providing all of the information that we needed and supplying a "disability form" to confirm everything. I have a doctor's note but this was never requested.

 

Before booking on Princess, I contacted Princess Accessibility via email to confirm they could accommodate me.  No response.  We waited approximately 24 hours and called Customer Service (sail date is approaching).  Customer Service was able to call Accessibility and to confirm the accommodations with them, but even Princess Customer Service was told it would take 10!! days for a formal response to my email (and that agent advised they were not able to provide an email to document the details of the call although they did tell me that the conversation took place on a recorded line and named the person in Accessibility that they spoke to).  We documented the call with Customer Service in another email to Accessibility and booked (non-refundable).  

 

Does anyone have a direct email address for a Manager or Executive in Princess Accessibility?  I believe Jan Tuck heads that office and I have her email address, but this situation does not rise to her level (at this point).  10 days seems a very long time to wait for a confirmation.

 

Thanks in advance for any advice/suggestions!  Smooth sailing all!

 

  

Link to post
Share on other sites

I also thought a 10 day response was long however we did/ do have time.  I emailed Princess/ Cunard on March 28, 2019 and recieved their automatic response about 10 days.

 

We recieved an email response on April 10.  You can do the math.  It's timeliness is an area of customer service that can be improved on.  

 

You might want to review your travel summary and see if there is a notation on it.  I have one on mine.  I hope everything works out for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gremlinbangles said:

I also thought a 10 day response was long however we did/ do have time.  I emailed Princess/ Cunard on March 28, 2019 and recieved their automatic response about 10 days.

 

 

 

Hi Gremlin,  I haven't received an auto-reply.  I haven't received any feedback from Accessibility.  The only information I have comes from the Customer Service/Reservation Agent who confirmed with Accessibility that Accessibility would accommodate me prior to my booking the cruise.  I relied on that verbal confirmation (it was a recorded line) and booked and then followed-up again via email with Accessibility explaining why the accommodations were necessary.

 

I received a second Accessibility email address when I logged in with my booking number, and forwarded the initial emails to that address today and again did not receive an auto-reply (I do not expect a reply now until Monday at the earliest).

 

Although both HAL and Princess are under the Carnival umbrella, the guest experience so far has been night and day.  Still hoping someone has a direct contact email for someone at Princess.  Please feel free to forward that privately.  Thank you... and Smooth sailing!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, capriccio said:

OP - did you book through a travel agent?  If so, let her/him do the leg work - that's how they earn their commission.

 

We did book through an Agent, but since this is crucial, I prefer to engage with Accessibility directly, so I have a hardcopy of the correspondence.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

 

We did book through an Agent, but since this is crucial, I prefer to engage with Accessibility directly, so I have a hardcopy of the correspondence.  

That's understandable but I would still pick my TA's brain to see if they have additional connections and, best case, could arrange a three way conference call with a manager in the accessibility office.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I used to have to deal with this office all the time when my Mom was alive. They used to be quite responsive. The person I dealt with was very responsive but is no longer there. I don't know if this info is still valid or not...... I did deal with them directly and bypassed my TA.

 

I hope this info helps: 

accessoffice@princesscruises.com 

Access Line: 661-284-4521

Edited by Coral
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, gremlinbangles said:

Sorry I dont have a phone number, however look at your travel summary, near the end, under Special Services.  If its noted there you are good to go

 

Thank you all.  There is no mention in our booking under Special Services.  Seems like I will have to go the Travel Agent route.  At least have them formally request as well.   

 

Off to draft that email now.  Thanks again everyone for sharing your experiences.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/2/2019 at 4:40 AM, Coral said:

I hope this info helps: 

accessoffice@princesscruises.com 

Access Line: 661-284-4521

 

Thanks again for the information.  I emailed that address and tried to call that number this afternoon but it's just a recorded machine response that asks you to email them.  : - (

 

I just recommended Princess in Alaska today over on the Holland Board.  I hope that person doesn't need assistance with a health issue... I can't say that I am impressed.  : - (

Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Here's the Update over a week in.  I just received a response today about my original message to Princess Accessibility. It was not helpful.

 

In the interim, while I was waiting for Princess Accessibility to respond, I contacted the Port of Seattle directly and they were the real MVPs.... Looking up and transferring me to exactly who in their Organization had the information I needed.  I was given specific information and detailed advice.

 

After my last post, I emailed my TA.  My TA responded within 24 hours and reported that they called Princess and documented my booking and requested what we needed, although I still do not see any Special Services when I log in to my Personalizer?!

 

I will review both the HAL Eurodam And Princess Ruby upon our return.  I am really curious to see how Princess will compare.  We loved our HAL experience in March.  For these new cruises so far HAL customer service has been stellar while Princess has failed us.

 

Fingers crossed for Smooth Sailing!  

Edited by SunNFunCruzer
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

 

After my last post, I emailed my TA.  My TA responded within 24 hours and reported that they called Princess and documented my booking and requested what we needed, although I still do not see any Special Services when I log in to my Personalizer?!

 

I used to bring my Mom with her Seeing Eye dog and it was never documented in the Personalizer that we were bringing a dog. Needless to say, I had to deal with this office on every cruise I took them on. I did have a direct email address which made it easier.

 

I think what happens at the main office is entirely different than what happens on the ship.

Edited by Coral
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/1/2019 at 2:54 PM, gremlinbangles said:

You might want to review your travel summary and see if there is a notation on it.  I have one on mine.

 

Hi Coral -- thank you again for sharing your experience:

 

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

I used to bring my Mom with her Seeing Eye dog and it was never documented in the Personalizer

 

I have been checking my Personalizer almost daily since Gremlin quoted above stated that hers has a notation.  I am sure we can work this all out at the port and on the ship once we board, but I thought it might be smoother to have everything prearranged.    Since both lines are under the Carnival Umbrella, I am really surprised at how different this office is managed and operated.

 

Thank you again.  Did you see my post about the $25 free with every $500 purchased from Princess?  Hope you can take advantage!  Smooth Sailing!

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

 

I have been checking my Personalizer almost daily since Gremlin quoted above stated that hers has a notation.  I am sure we can work this all out at the port and on the ship once we board, but I thought it might be smoother to have everything prearranged.    Since both lines are under the Carnival Umbrella, I am really surprised at how different this office is managed and operated.

It has been 6 years since I brought a dog with me.....

 

Actually - Princess reports to a Holland America group which includes Princess, HAL, Seabourn and P&O (so even a smaller subset of CCL umbrella).

 

Good luck!

Edited by Coral
Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

 

Hi Coral -- thank you again for sharing your experience:

 

 

I have been checking my Personalizer almost daily since Gremlin quoted above stated that hers has a notation.  I am sure we can work this all out at the port and on the ship once we board, but I thought it might be smoother to have everything prearranged.    Since both lines are under the Carnival Umbrella, I am really surprised at how different this office is managed and operated.

 

Thank you again.  Did you see my post about the $25 free with every $500 purchased from Princess?  Hope you can take advantage!  Smooth Sailing!

Mine is listed with the special services, ie sip and sail pack, free gratuities etc.  Very easy to miss.  I hope you get it resolved

Link to post
Share on other sites

Please be aware two people (they might have added a third, but not sure, I left my position at Princess in Dec) work in the accessibility office. Two. If one is on vacation or sick, it's one. It may take a while, but they are good at what they do! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 5:46 PM, gremlinbangles said:

Mine is listed with the special services, ie sip and sail pack, free gratuities etc.  Very easy to miss.  I hope you get it resolved

 

Just checked last night and All the Special Services are listed!

 

Yay!  Hoping this is a good sign for our cruise!

 

On 6/7/2019 at 9:45 PM, KNJScorpio said:

Please be aware two people (they might have added a third, but not sure, I left my position at Princess in Dec) work in the accessibility office. Two. If one is on vacation or sick, it's one. It may take a while, but they are good at what they do! 

 

KNJ:  2 people for the ENTIRE department?  No wonder it takes a minimum of 10 days for a response.  😞  So far, so good, though.  Our special requirements are now listed on our Princess documents.  All we need is some balmy weather in Alaska and very active whales and bears.... is that too much to ask?  Nah.... right?  LOL!  

 

Thanks to everyone who responded.  Will report back in July after our cruise!  😃 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

 

Just checked last night and All the Special Services are listed!

 

Yay!  Hoping this is a good sign for our cruise!

 

 

KNJ:  2 people for the ENTIRE department?  No wonder it takes a minimum of 10 days for a response.  😞  So far, so good, though.  Our special requirements are now listed on our Princess documents.  All we need is some balmy weather in Alaska and very active whales and bears.... is that too much to ask?  Nah.... right?  LOL!  

 

Thanks to everyone who responded.  Will report back in July after our cruise!  😃 

Princess has been doing the cruises thing for a long time. They do it well. You really don’t know what goes on behind the scenes other than the lore posted here on CC. 

Now you can chill! 😎

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

 

Just checked last night and All the Special Services are listed!

 

Yay!  Hoping this is a good sign for our cruise!

 

 

KNJ:  2 people for the ENTIRE department?  No wonder it takes a minimum of 10 days for a response.  😞  So far, so good, though.  Our special requirements are now listed on our Princess documents.  All we need is some balmy weather in Alaska and very active whales and bears.... is that too much to ask?  Nah.... right?  LOL!  

 

Thanks to everyone who responded.  Will report back in July after our cruise!  😃 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/10/2019 at 1:54 PM, gremlinbangles said:

So glad you finally got it worked out!  

 

Thank you!!!  My fingers are still crossed!  ;-)   I sent a number of emails and they were responded to in order -- and before sailing --  and we now have everything documented at Princess and with the Port and even called and made special airport arrangements with the TSA (they were extremely helpful, efficient and responsive -- surprising for a gov't agency!).

 

Although yesterday we learned from a recent cruiser that the Ruby will have chairs and loungers available on the public decks, our TA contacted us this morning to advise that we were selected to be offered a paid upgrade to a Balcony cabin.  Yesterday we decided to keep our money and stay OceanView but upon receiving the upgrade offer this morning, we decided that for a few hundred dollars more, we should go ahead and buy the upgrade (this way we know I will have a chair close by when necessary).  

 

At this point, I cannot think of something Princess could have done better (except maybe hire a few more staff members for the Accessibility Office!!!).  Now I get to relax at home while I look forward to relaxing on board (while hopefully seeing tons of wildlife).

 

If I had any advice for those booking after me, it would be --- send the email to Accessibility, sit on your hands and wait patiently. 

 

Smooth Sailing.... ;-) 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SunNFunCruzer said:

 

Thank you!!!  My fingers are still crossed!  ;-)   I sent a number of emails and they were responded to in order -- and before sailing --  and we now have everything documented at Princess and with the Port and even called and made special airport arrangements with the TSA (they were extremely helpful, efficient and responsive -- surprising for a gov't agency!).

 

Although yesterday we learned from a recent cruiser that the Ruby will have chairs and loungers available on the public decks, our TA contacted us this morning to advise that we were selected to be offered a paid upgrade to a Balcony cabin.  Yesterday we decided to keep our money and stay OceanView but upon receiving the upgrade offer this morning, we decided that for a few hundred dollars more, we should go ahead and buy the upgrade (this way we know I will have a chair close by when necessary).  

 

At this point, I cannot think of something Princess could have done better (except maybe hire a few more staff members for the Accessibility Office!!!).  Now I get to relax at home while I look forward to relaxing on board (while hopefully seeing tons of wildlife).

 

If I had any advice for those booking after me, it would be --- send the email to Accessibility, sit on your hands and wait patiently. 

 

Smooth Sailing.... 😉

You wont regret the balcony!  Alaska us beautiful.  I agree a 10 day response time is not good customer service.  With that being said have a great voyage!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...