Woodwind Review with pics (Spoiler Alert: Awesome)

bobmacliberty

17 hours ago, wenocancer2 said:

Drifting makes me nervous.  We are not experienced snorkelers at all and don't really dive.  Will we be able to see things from the surface?  And will we have to constantly be fighting the drifting?

You will be treated to a world class display of sea life and coral - from the surface

You will be drifting with the current, not against it. You can literally just float along.

I've posted many times to reassure people about this excursion - my 4 1/2 year old son and 6 year old daughter did the whole thing and had the time of their lives.

8 hours ago, NorthCarolinaBelle said:

Thank you for the great review and all the helpful comments. I wondered if they put the sails up at all, or just motored?

Yes, they do put up the sails during the tip.

• Like 1

On 2/2/2020 at 12:42 AM, SusieKIslandGirl said:

My question for everyone who has taken this excursion--how far down into the water does the ladder go? Or any idea of how many steps are underwater? A knee problem makes it difficult to get back up if the lowest ladder rung isn't very far underwater. Thanks!

If you look at post #36 on this thread, there is a picture of the boat and the ladder is up. It looks like 4 rungs. We actually did this excursion a couple weeks ago. Your guide will pull off your fins for you just before you go up the ladder, so that makes it a little easier. We really enjoyed this excursion.