Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
Jim_Iain

Jim_Iain Live!!! - B2B Summit New England and Bermuda Jun 5 & 16th

Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Hmmm.  Wonder what they sell here?

 

EE74AAE1-5C63-4D11-BA54-E17BE8EAFD82.thumb.jpeg.0685616a97d21179b9af76788382fb73.jpeg

 

 

Those will probably grow better in my flooded vegetable garden this year and not my tomatoes zucchini or cucumbers........

And I will be in jail..............................................................

 

Must be artificial  (lol)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for the great posts! I am following along as we board the Summit on June 27th. I was wondering if there is  a chance that you can post pics of the room service menus. I know that they have the door hangers for breakfast, but for the rest of the menu I assume that they are on the TV??? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Saturday 

 

Well the lack of a dining table in Aqua is changing our patterns.   We have ALWAYS had breakfast in our room.  We are now going down to Retreat for breakfast each morning.   Really not that bad as I often had a full breakfast even though we never have a large breakfast at home. 

 

Retreat at has a beautiful beautiful buffet layout.    I have been having fresh berries and Greek yogurt.  Best yogurt I have ever had. 

We always enjoy breakfast in the room at least a couple of mornings and didn't have access to the Retreat Lounge (née Michael's Club) because we were in an Aqua Class cabin and only discovered wonderful Celebrity last year. Do you think it's possible to have the cabin steward get a table so that nice perk isn't completely gone?

Edited by misterkevin
Corrections

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Lionesss said:

 

 

Those will probably grow better in my flooded vegetable garden this year and not my tomatoes zucchini or cucumbers........

And I will be in jail..............................................................

 

Must be artificial  (lol)

Actually the plants are real.  Maine is a Legal Recreational State.    

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, mr. godfredo said:

Thanks for the great posts! I am following along as we board the Summit on June 27th. I was wondering if there is  a chance that you can post pics of the room service menus. I know that they have the door hangers for breakfast, but for the rest of the menu I assume that they are on the TV??? 

They have the new style door hangers as well as a Room Service Menu on both TV and Hard Cooy

 

Door Hanger

 

735BFC0F-A1F0-44CD-AB79-B77E1B713E81.thumb.jpeg.f990f06f75a17f684f3d65bd31f7130c.jpeg

 

308001B9-050D-4E43-82BD-6F5CF9C075BF.thumb.jpeg.5d466a406cf307499f32801fc0d977ac.jpeg

 

04422E89-75E3-4D29-8E2C-5BC06D0725FA.thumb.jpeg.6f0d86eb486dfd7cb9936d81c425f792.jpeg

 

Room Service Menu

 

50688D06-3838-4852-8189-774A6EBBE449.thumb.jpeg.f493fe61aaf9f552a4e7e65e26c8dad0.jpeg

 

6A34728C-B399-43A9-9CB6-D0C64D09D703.thumb.jpeg.3813cf3a1774aa44bc20c1505073d3c3.jpeg

 

308001B9-050D-4E43-82BD-6F5CF9C075BF.thumb.jpeg.5d466a406cf307499f32801fc0d977ac.jpeg

 

30365D06-4A0D-407B-B697-C07C0A2ABBF2.thumb.jpeg.0e107972fbe46febed52b6b1e66be3a7.jpeg

 

A3888231-C69F-4B4B-B9A0-76509E121523.thumb.jpeg.e795e9243dd01d6ec7840b7302ee3b53.jpeg

 

 

7EDC161C-6FD7-48C6-96AC-5D909624AD56.jpeg

A44C7917-77D3-4801-9AEB-0BD1A6E392D6.jpeg

24ACDDE7-BDA7-4987-927D-91980D5CECC6.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, misterkevin said:

We always enjoy breakfast in the room at least a couple of mornings and didn't have access to the Retreat Lounge (née Michael's Club) because we were in an Aqua Class cabin and only discovered wonderful Celebrity last year. Do you think it's possible to have the cabin steward get a table so that nice perk isn't completely gone?

There is a cocktail size table on balcony the I brought in.   I haven’t seen any they would bring to room.   Would not hurt to ask.  Worse they say no. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sunday - Bar Harbor

 

when I opened drapes this morning I felt like we were in Alaska. 

 

92F8B071-9C27-4F6F-B32E-889585806B2C.thumb.jpeg.6be9f78e72a9536db0ac9a272b257bd7.jpeg

 

D9E402FB-0B2D-43DD-95F8-24D093A87B52.thumb.jpeg.7952c0ca988eb8ed6dee3d06f049266c.jpeg

 

EF74C63F-E920-4C96-AA91-E2543CEEE579.thumb.jpeg.e420d055fd00f891147c4592e5b7be5d.jpeg

 

ED8A06ED-F120-4433-BC30-AE9F215EAEDB.thumb.jpeg.033654c988d30717940af3b5fa814644.jpeg

 

No chair hogs.  Temps a comfortable 70f

6EB11B6E-62D2-4002-AB83-8EEA09658C02.thumb.jpeg.00abc8d0e2f1af9ef37e89111c523123.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What a gorgeous day!  I am so excited to be boarding NEXT Sunday.  We are really looking forward to meeting you and Iain.  Oh, I so hope we have good weather.  The weather reports are a little flakey, but, realize it is a bit far out.  Thank you for posting these wonderful reports.  Are you enjoying the LIVE music?  Do you have any plans to dine at Tuscan?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jim_Iain said:

They have the new style door hangers as well as a Room Service Menu on both TV and Hard Cooy

 

Door Hanger

 

735BFC0F-A1F0-44CD-AB79-B77E1B713E81.thumb.jpeg.f990f06f75a17f684f3d65bd31f7130c.jpeg

 

308001B9-050D-4E43-82BD-6F5CF9C075BF.thumb.jpeg.5d466a406cf307499f32801fc0d977ac.jpeg

 

04422E89-75E3-4D29-8E2C-5BC06D0725FA.thumb.jpeg.6f0d86eb486dfd7cb9936d81c425f792.jpeg

 

Room Service Menu

 

50688D06-3838-4852-8189-774A6EBBE449.thumb.jpeg.f493fe61aaf9f552a4e7e65e26c8dad0.jpeg

 

6A34728C-B399-43A9-9CB6-D0C64D09D703.thumb.jpeg.3813cf3a1774aa44bc20c1505073d3c3.jpeg

 

308001B9-050D-4E43-82BD-6F5CF9C075BF.thumb.jpeg.5d466a406cf307499f32801fc0d977ac.jpeg

 

30365D06-4A0D-407B-B697-C07C0A2ABBF2.thumb.jpeg.0e107972fbe46febed52b6b1e66be3a7.jpeg

 

A3888231-C69F-4B4B-B9A0-76509E121523.thumb.jpeg.e795e9243dd01d6ec7840b7302ee3b53.jpeg

 

 

7EDC161C-6FD7-48C6-96AC-5D909624AD56.jpeg

A44C7917-77D3-4801-9AEB-0BD1A6E392D6.jpeg

24ACDDE7-BDA7-4987-927D-91980D5CECC6.jpeg

Thanks for the reply! Do you by chance if the Room Service menu is different for those not staying in suites? Thanks! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 1:27 PM, BEAV said:

Just found this thread and have caught up. Did your suitcases have time to air out from your Infinity cruise!?!  I was wondering how you tackled the air issue from the Left Coast since you booked close in, so thanks for sharing. 

 

We've cruised New England twice, but would happily return again. The ports are all so great. We've done the mansions in Newport on both previous cruises. Next time we'll enjoy strolling the town because, it too, looks so charming. 

 

Glad you're back on the high seas and doing another live thread. You & ChicagoPaul need to stay in sync so we have continuous live threads always going. 😉

FYI it’s called the West Coast!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/7/2019 at 2:51 PM, swigso said:

Hi 

can you please offer some advice, we are arriving in San Francisco in  May 2020 

can you recommend a great hotel, we are being directed to the Marriott in union square but also the W in Nob Hill

what are your thoughts

many thanks

Marriott Union Square good choice. Location is great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really enjoying your review! Thank you for all the time and effort you've put forth to keep us all informed and entertained. Looking forward to sailing the refreshed Summit in October!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Perfect day in Portland with 70f weather and sunny skies.  We spent about 4 hours ashore just wandering.   Beautiful town. 

 

81BC9366-83F5-4283-8F44-7AB25BD242F6.thumb.jpeg.8ec4d6b1b39f6afae2fc212af3cafbaa.jpeg

 

D2F92485-055E-4FED-B256-E97BEA3884AB.thumb.jpeg.0f2fbace432c007a701ead60dfe515e7.jpeg

 

Eagles nest with baby chicks in it. 

 

Excuse my ignorance but what are these poles from/for?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim

Thank you for sharing this cruise with all of us. We have some good friends on this cruise, wish we were there, but a planned visit to our daughter and grandchildren in Virginia. Will wave as you pass by on your way to Bermuda. How many Celebrity cruises have you been on?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, mr. godfredo said:

Thanks for the reply! Do you by chance if the Room Service menu is different for those not staying in suites? Thanks! 

I believe it is available to all passengers.   The hanger breakfast is different. We are not in a suite (Aqua) on this trip. 

 

I know now the door hanger is different.  In a standard menu I believe it is almost identical except eggs limited to scramble only.   You may be able to order others on tv. 

 

Anyone in standard cabin?   Can you help answer. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Barwick Cruiser said:

Excuse my ignorance but what are these poles from/for?

 

I believe they were piling for old piers.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Lionesss said:

 

 

Those will probably grow better in my flooded vegetable garden this year and not my tomatoes zucchini or cucumbers........

And I will be in jail..............................................................

 

Must be artificial  (lol)

It's recreationally legal in Maine. We've seen people smoking in public. Not sure of the particulars, it's not my thing. 

Edited by bermadu22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

 

I believe they were piling for old piers.  

Yep, they are left from old broken down piers. BTW, I grew up in Portland. I love the waterfront and the Old Port area where Jim took lots of colorful photos. It's fun to browse on a Summer afternoon. 

Edited by bermadu22

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, realnice46 said:

Jim

Thank you for sharing this cruise with all of us. We have some good friends on this cruise, wish we were there, but a planned visit to our daughter and grandchildren in Virginia. Will wave as you pass by on your way to Bermuda. How many Celebrity cruises have you been on?

 

I don’t track them but I believe we have done about 48 cruises.   I think we are at 3,800 points. 

 

Im sure this time of year must be beautiful in Virginia.  Have a wonderful visit and spoil the grandchildren to death. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

What a gorgeous day!  I am so excited to be boarding NEXT Sunday.  We are really looking forward to meeting you and Iain.  Oh, I so hope we have good weather.  The weather reports are a little flakey, but, realize it is a bit far out.  Thank you for posting these wonderful reports.  Are you enjoying the LIVE music?  Do you have any plans to dine at Tuscan?

 

Cant wait.   This cruise has had almost perfect weather.   I just hope it remains nice. 

 

The live music has really been nice.  I noticed some new musicians come on the ship yesterday.   Don’t know details yet. 

 

Look forward to meeting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Is there an "infusions" bar on the summit? Next to the geletaria? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance w/ Steve Dasseos of the TripInsuranceStore.com June 2020
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations

Announcements

×
×
  • Create New...