Cruise Critic Community
san diego sue

Caribbean Princess, On Demand TV?

Sorry if this has been asked. I did a search and couldn't find answer. After the last drydock, did the ship get the larger TV's (like on Royal class)

and on demand movies? My husband always brings his own device with preloaded movies. Would rather not take it if there are movies like the Royal and Regal has in cabins.

Anyone recently on the ship that knows for sure. We are cruising in August and am looking forward to being on Caribbean Princess again. Have sailed on the ship4 times but before the last two drydocks.

23 minutes ago, san diego sue said:

Sorry if this has been asked. I did a search and couldn't find answer. After the last drydock, did the ship get the larger TV's (like on Royal class)

and on demand movies? My husband always brings his own device with preloaded movies. Would rather not take it if there are movies like the Royal and Regal has in cabins.

Anyone recently on the ship that knows for sure. We are cruising in August and am looking forward to being on Caribbean Princess again. Have sailed on the ship4 times but before the last two drydocks.

No need to bring a devise with pre-loaded movies. The Caribbean does have the larger TVs and on demand movies.

LOTS and LOTS of on demand choices.  Drama, comedy, family, documentaries, even some TV series.  Really nice setup and system.  No need to bring your own.

Even 5 or 6 episodes of The Love Boat!!

🛳🛳🛳

No need to demand a TV, they have them in the staterooms when you get to the ship. 📺(This isn't the 1950's)😁

Their movies are very, very slow to change.

If your husband keeps up with the latest releases at home it might be a good idea to still bring your own unless you want to watch the same ones over again.

CB does have the larger TVs, like Royal Class however, the 2 TVs in our mini suite were not mounted on the wall (like Royal Class) but mounted on the curved shelving units where the previous smaller TVs were located. The forward part of the shelf and the little brass rail obstructed the bottom of the screen just a little bit; obstruction noticed the most when sitting on the sofa...not a deal breaker but a tiny bit annoying.

However having the larger TVs and the demand features on this ship more than made up for the little obstruction.

All the channels are on demand on the Caribbean Princess now.

I'm just off the ship three days ago.  There was a decent selection of movies (I'll guess 40-50 total in all categories), but that really depends on your likes/viewing history.  If you normally see most current movies as they come out, you may want to bring a few just in case nothing available onboard interests you.  There were a good number that I had never heard of.

CB had this feature when we sailed her in March of 2018 so it's been available for a while now.