New Brunch Menu

lele100

3 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

On a 7 to 9 day cruise there are only 2 sea day brunches regardless of how many sea days there are.

I do not know how many there are on longer cruises but have heard there are only two.

On our 8 night Horizon cruise last August out of NYC, we had 3 ports and 4 sea days and if I am not mistaken all 4 sea days had sea day brunches.

On 6/2/2019 at 6:49 PM, Saint Greg said:

Think he meant he didn’t realize it was the new menu. But I went on 5 or 6 cruises before I knew about sea day brunch.

My daughter, who has cruised Carnival several times, never knew about the brunch either until I told her. I wasn’t aware they were changing the menu. I sailed the Breeze in March, and my hubby loved the filet steak and eggs. I sure hope they don’t remove that from the menu. I actually thought the menu when we cruised WAS the new menu. We sail the Glory in February and Magic in April.

16 hours ago, SadieN said:

Just experienced the new brunch menu on the Inspiration.  They have smoked salmon and gravlax, not lox as we know it.

I like their lox and bagels. What is gravlax and what do you mean  not lox as we know it?

24 minutes ago, grandmarnnurse said:

My daughter, who has cruised Carnival several times, never knew about the brunch either until I told her. I wasn’t aware they were changing the menu. I sailed the Breeze in March, and my hubby loved the filet steak and eggs. I sure hope they don’t remove that from the menu. I actually thought the menu when we cruised WAS the new menu. We sail the Glory in February and Magic in April.

The filet was on the old menu and remains on the new menu abit slightly modified side dishes. 

9 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

On a 7 to 9 day cruise there are only 2 sea day brunches regardless of how many sea days there are.

I do not know how many there are on longer cruises but have heard there are only two.

Is that right? I seem to remember having three sea day brunches on seven-day cruises I have been on when there were three sea days.

I have been on 8 Carnival cruises that had 3 or more sea days and they all had only 2 sea day brunches.

Possibly, some of the Carnival ships that I have not been on have more brunches but Carnival usually has the same rules on all ships.

They got rid of my two favorite brunch dishes - the hen alla diavola and the pork chops! They have a few new options that look good but that hen was always one of the best meals I had on a cruise.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, MisterOJ2 said:

Is that right? I seem to remember having three sea day brunches on seven-day cruises I have been on when there were three sea days.

I dont think that's correct. Any 7 day I've done has had seaday brunch every sea day. 

11 hours ago, tallyho8 said:

Doesn't matter how long the cruise, every sea day will have a brunch

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Butterbean1000 said:

I like their lox and bagels. What is gravlax and what do you mean  not lox as we know it?

Google it, it's a different cold cured process with dill

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, coevan said:

This is not entirely accurate. In October on the Conquest to Bermuda we had 4 sea days and brunch was on only 2 or 3. Not sure if it was 2 or 3 but I know it wasn't every sea day because we went to go one sea day and it was like a regular port day schedule.

1 hour ago, Amadawn1 said:

It looks like there's French toast at the top of the menu.  Also mac and cheese (but not bacon mac) on the kids menu.

Thanks!  It's hard to read the copy, and had to zoom in several times.  It seems as if there are less breakfast items and more lunch choices 🤔.  Guess we will see in September what has changed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, coevan said:

This is not correct. Attached is a copy of my Fun Times for my 5 sea days in April on the Legend. As you can see, only the 2nd and 5th sea day had a brunch. The Fun Times show the same thing on every Carnival cruise I have been on with over 2 sea days on different ships. Can you show me any Fun Times that show over 2 brunches on any cruise?

img20190604_13543232.jpg

On 6/2/2019 at 6:49 PM, Saint Greg said:

Think he meant he didn’t realize it was the new menu. But I went on 5 or 6 cruises before I knew about sea day brunch.

Same here, when I found out about it, I've never missed my eggs benedict, along with a side of filet mignon.....mimosa...can't wait🤗

On 6/4/2019 at 10:24 AM, Butterbean1000 said:

Bet you will like it if you like lox. I much prefer it myself. More of a salt/herb-cure deal.

On 6/4/2019 at 10:14 AM, realjd said:

They got rid of my two favorite brunch dishes - the hen alla diavola and the pork chops! They have a few new options that look good but that hen was always one of the best meals I had on a cruise.

The hen alla diavola was, in my humble opinion, the best entree offered on the ship, period. I will still likely do the brunch once per cruise to get the salmon benedict, but it won't be an every sea day event for me like it was before.

I don't recall brunch being available more than twice, either.  I did the Horizon TA and if it was offered on all those sea days, I don't remember (and I didn't bring home the dailies from that sailing).

Does anyone know which ships now have this new menu?