Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
cshapard

Volendam cabin walls

Are the walls inside the Volendam cabins magnetic?  How about the door?  Thanks!

Posted (edited)

Thanks.  I sailed on the Veendam and they weren’t 

Edited by cshapard

We just sailed on the Volendam, Vista Suite 6045 and the walls were NOT metal.  The door is though as my door sign worked fine.  I had no where to hang my itinerary, etc. and had to sit them on the vanity.  I like to have them hanging but no such luck this time.

@cshapard

I bow to @cormike1 's experience. I know we left notes on the doors of both Volendam and Zaandam, but apparently I did not use magnets on the walls!

If you need something not too heavy in the cabin -- I have used Command hooks or paper-holding clips ON GLASS SURFACES such as the glass of framed pictures, mirrors, or the glass partial walls in balcony rooms. I wouldn't put them on a painted surface, though, out of fear of damaging the surface and having to pay for the whole wall!

Walls on some cabins on the HAL ships are metal (no wallpaper) but higher cabin classes have wallpaper that doesn’t allow magnets...even the super dooper magnets I bought that supposedly hold 20+ pounds.

Thanks, Janmcn!  I am in a vista suite.  I bought a wipe board with magnets to leave messages but I suppose I could always just leave it in the desk!  

You could always put it on the back of the door as it is metal.  I had a sign on the outside that I used magnets on.

Posted (edited)

I wonder if some walls are metal and others are not, either due to renovations or perhaps some walls like those between fire zones are while others are not.  I think on the R & S class ships the best course is to assume they will not be metal and be fortunate if they are.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd