Horseshoe Bay Bermuda

Hi!  I am having a little difficulty finding this information on cruise critic.  We are on Anthem of the Seas in a few weeks for a 5 day cruise to Bermuda.  There are 2 excursions to Horseshoe Bay-- Day 3 is an afternoon excursion and Day 4 is a morning excursion.  We are a group of 10, and I was late booking the afternoon one on Day 3 so there aren't any spots left.  I booked the morning one for Day 4.  My question is--if we decide we would like to go on Day 3, are there taxis or some form of transportation right near the ship to take us to Horseshoe Bay?  Also, is this a free beach?   Thank you for your help!

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, cruisingalong2018 said:

Hi!  I am having a little difficulty finding this information on cruise critic.  We are on Anthem of the Seas in a few weeks for a 5 day cruise to Bermuda.  There are 2 excursions to Horseshoe Bay-- Day 3 is an afternoon excursion and Day 4 is a morning excursion.  We are a group of 10, and I was late booking the afternoon one on Day 3 so there aren't any spots left.  I booked the morning one for Day 4.  My question is--if we decide we would like to go on Day 3, are there taxis or some form of transportation right near the ship to take us to Horseshoe Bay?  Also, is this a free beach?   Thank you for your help!

There are minibuses that shuttle between the Dockyard  and Horseshoe Bay all day. They are $7 per person each way.  There are also taxis. Both minibuses and taxis are staged in a parking area right off the ship.   No reason at all to book cruise line transfers to Horseshoe Bay. I suggest canceling the cruise line transfer unless you are using OBC. The cruise line is going to put you in a minibus for 2 or 3 times the cost of doing it on your own. Horseshoe Bay is a public beach. It is free. There are chair rentals and a food concession. Facilities with showers and changing rooms. 

Edited by Charles4515

26 minutes ago, cruisingalong2018 said:

It is easier and faster to use the minivan that are at the port. It's fast and easy. And you're not tied to a specific time. The shuttle buses take you down to the beach (vs. the public bus which drops you off at the top of "heart attack hill"). When you are ready to return, just catch the next minivan at the entrance to the beach. You may have to wait for a van if you are returning at a popular time. 

• Like 1

I'm late to the party, but please do NOT pay the cruise line for an "excursion" to horseshoe bay beach. Take the #7 bus. You can buy the fare when you get off the ship at the visitor center. Bring some cash to take a car ride up the hill for the trip back.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, cruisingalong2018 said:

As everyone has said before, don't pay for an excursion.  Even a taxi is dirt cheap.  We split a cab with another couple and ended up paying like $10 each way.  and you don't have to wait for a minibus to fill (even that wait is minimal).  I can't believe these cruise ships get outrageous amounts of money to simply take people to and from the beach.  But it is the most beautiful beach on the planet and I can't wait to go back.

Edited by jetta8300
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

I'm late to the party, but please do NOT pay the cruise line for an "excursion" to horseshoe bay beach. Take the #7 bus. You can buy the fare when you get off the ship at the visitor center. Bring some cash to take a car ride up the hill for the trip back.

Better to take the $7 a trip private minibus shared ride shuttles than the public buses. Or a taxi. The minibuses and taxis go to the bottom of the hill and pick up at the bottom of the hill. Another reason to take the minibuses or taxis is that there is no longer any cash to the top ride up the hill to the public bus stop. That no longer exists. 

Edited by Charles4515