Carnival Announcement

6 minutes ago, chengkp75 said:

Not sure what you are referring to.  If you mean the "tiger teams" outlined in the plea deal, these will be in house, and separate from the third party auditors who will continue to monitor Carnival's progress for the DOJ.  The composition of the teams leaves something to be desired in my opinion, as they do include "subject matter experts" in waste management, and legal experts, but it seems to me that they lack personnel with real life shipboard experience.  I also believe that the decision to have two of these teams, to oversee implementation of compliance over 105 ships is inadequate, and this could be brought out as Carnival possibly misses benchmarks in their compliance timeline.  The composition of the tiger teams and their areas of responsibility are outlined in the plea agreement, I'm just having a hard time locating it, but it's linked on several of the threads about the hearings.

Yes that is it.  Thanks

I have enjoyed reading most of yall.  And i would agree that I applaud these changes outlined in the OP. But i think Sparks said it was at least something but there is more that can be done and i totally buy that.  What i also see a lot of is that these changes are inconvenient for many people.  This idea that well it saves the company money is valid but the reason the company spent the money in the first place was for the convenience of the passengers.  But then i wonder what the cost is for an edible straw as opposed to a plastic straw.   I can bring my own reusable straws.  But then many will say that is inconvenient.  But lets get real here,  I sit on the lido out in the pool area and what i see is people that just dont care for the most part.  Oh yes I have seen people actually cleaning up after themselves.  Tossing objects into the recycle bins that are all over the place up there but they are the exception.  Even taking their empty glass back to the bar.  But back to the op i am glad for what they are doing,  lets do more. 

• Like 2

I applaud the changes and hope Carnival Corporation will continue to seek out ways to be more environmentally friendly.  I also hope this is the beginning of a Carnival Corporation culture change that emphasizes environmental practice proactivity vs. being reactive to financial penalties for environmental violations.  The very fact the penalties occurred is an indication Carnival Corporation suffers from an unhealthy "Tone at the Top" when it comes to company culture toward environmental stewardship.  That is a leadership failure first and foremost that should not occur when you consider how much leadership is paid.  Every CCL shareholder should be concerned about that, as should Carnival Corporation customers.