Jump to content

Recommended Posts

20 hours ago, richwmn said:

The chart I posted several months ago, and has been copied many times seems to still be correct. I bought the middle tier for the entire cruse on the first day and it was $169.99. The premium package was $219.99

Is that for one device? If we have two phones do we buy two packages?

We'll be getting on the cruise as you get off.

Thanks for the detailed information.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BobK in NJ said:

Is that for one device? If we have two phones do we buy two packages?

We'll be getting on the cruise as you get off.

If you want to use one phone at a time, you can do it with one plan; you would share a user ID and password.

It is only if you both want to be using your phones at the same time that you would need two plans.

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BobK in NJ said:

Is that for one device? If we have two phones do we buy two packages?

We'll be getting on the cruise as you get off.

Thanks for the detailed information.

We bought one package on the Westerdam in January.  We shared the package with multiple devices  but only one of us could be on at a time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, RuthC said:

If you want to use one phone at a time, you can do it with one plan; you would share a user ID and password.

It is only if you both want to be using your phones at the same time that you would need two plans.

You can use a TP-link and use both at one time.  Each device logs into the LINK and the link logs into the internet.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 65 Gator said:

You can use a TP-link and use both at one time.  Each device logs into the LINK and the link logs into the internet.

 

Have no idea what you mean by a TP-link but am intrigued if it means we both can be using it at the same time.  Can you explain further please.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, zelker said:

 

Have no idea what you mean by a TP-link but am intrigued if it means we both can be using it at the same time.  Can you explain further please.  

Here is the website.  You can go online and look it up.  We are in Tracy Arm and the internet keeps dropping out...

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/tl-wr802n/

Lookup Hotspot Router...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, 65 Gator said:

Here is the website.  You can go online and look it up.  We are in Tracy Arm and the internet keeps dropping out...

https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/tl-wr802n/

Lookup Hotspot Router...

 

When you have a moment (and good wi-fi connectivity again), can you explain how this nifty gadget is hooked into the ship's wi-fi?  Do we need to have a laptop to connect this router to, log into our ship account, and then we can log in from our iPads?  Or am I missing something?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, zelker said:

 

When you have a moment (and good wi-fi connectivity again), can you explain how this nifty gadget is hooked into the ship's wi-fi?  Do we need to have a laptop to connect this router to, log into our ship account, and then we can log in from our iPads?  Or am I missing something?

 

@POA1 provided a very good tutorial for setting this up. Hopefully he will jump in and point you to that thread

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 2:37 PM, richwmn said:

Good afternoon from Seattle and ms Amsterdam.

lll haAs I have on my last few cruises, I will attempt to give a blow by blow account of this wonderful 14 day cruise to Alaska.

Pre-Cruise Stay in Seattle

I actually arrived in Seattle on Saturday afternoon. Our group had a limo to take us to the hotels and he was on time and did a fine job of transporting us. Saturday evening was relaxing and trying to get used to the time change. Sunday was a nice long lunch at Anthony's at Pier 66. This is a very nice place to sit and eat while watching those who are embarking on various cruise ships. The Bliss was right outside and it was interesting to watch embarkation from the outside.

Embarkation

This morning was a limo ride from the hotels to Pier 91. It was a short ride and handled well by the limo driver. Because the limo driver arrived early and we were ready, we arrived at Pier 91 about 10:20, and didn't get to enter the building for quite a while. Once the doors opened the process was quick and easy as we are all 4*.  The ship looks very nice.

Today

There is a Captain's Welcome Party going on right now. Due to the number of high star Mariners aboard it was split into 2 sessions of about an hour each. It is being held in the Crows Nest. The muster drill is at 3:15 followed by sail away at 4:00.

The Cabin

I have my normal outside cabin, it is 3371 and pictures were sent to HALfacts earlier. The only thing to really note is that Amsterdam has not received the large TV upgrades, at least not in this cabin, and still has the smallish TV and DVD player, along with the Ship Flicks booklet of movies to check out from the front desk. As expected, no cooler and just a Coke and water setup for the Mini Bar.

Tonight's MDR menu is included, have a great day!

 

 

03JuneDinner.pdf 110.17 kB · 136 downloads

thank you for doing this!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, zelker said:

 

When you have a moment (and good wi-fi connectivity again), can you explain how this nifty gadget is hooked into the ship's wi-fi?  Do we need to have a laptop to connect this router to, log into our ship account, and then we can log in from our iPads?  Or am I missing something?

 

Sorry to say that I can't cover all of this in a paragraph or two.  As Rich says, check POA since he clued me on to it.  The manuals are at:  https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/download/tl-wr802n/ and have diagrams...

 

Yes, you can log in with iPads...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/3/2019 at 2:37 PM, richwmn said:

Good afternoon from Seattle and ms Amsterdam.

lll haAs I have on my last few cruises, I will attempt to give a blow by blow account of this wonderful 14 day cruise to Alaska.

Pre-Cruise Stay in Seattle

I actually arrived in Seattle on Saturday afternoon. Our group had a limo to take us to the hotels and he was on time and did a fine job of transporting us. Saturday evening was relaxing and trying to get used to the time change. Sunday was a nice long lunch at Anthony's at Pier 66. This is a very nice place to sit and eat while watching those who are embarking on various cruise ships. The Bliss was right outside and it was interesting to watch embarkation from the outside.

Embarkation

This morning was a limo ride from the hotels to Pier 91. It was a short ride and handled well by the limo driver. Because the limo driver arrived early and we were ready, we arrived at Pier 91 about 10:20, and didn't get to enter the building for quite a while. Once the doors opened the process was quick and easy as we are all 4*.  The ship looks very nice.

Today

There is a Captain's Welcome Party going on right now. Due to the number of high star Mariners aboard it was split into 2 sessions of about an hour each. It is being held in the Crows Nest. The muster drill is at 3:15 followed by sail away at 4:00.

The Cabin

I have my normal outside cabin, it is 3371 and pictures were sent to HALfacts earlier. The only thing to really note is that Amsterdam has not received the large TV upgrades, at least not in this cabin, and still has the smallish TV and DVD player, along with the Ship Flicks booklet of movies to check out from the front desk. As expected, no cooler and just a Coke and water setup for the Mini Bar.

Tonight's MDR menu is included, have a great day!

 

 

03JuneDinner.pdf 110.17 kB · 136 downloads

thank you for doing this!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, RuthC said:

If you want to use one phone at a time, you can do it with one plan; you would share a user ID and password.

It is only if you both want to be using your phones at the same time that you would need two plans.

 

2 hours ago, 65 Gator said:

You can use a TP-link and use both at one time.  Each device logs into the LINK and the link logs into the internet.

 

3 hours ago, highland cruiser said:

We bought one package on the Westerdam in January.  We shared the package with multiple devices  but only one of us could be on at a time.

 

Thanks for the clarification. The hotspot router certainly looks intriguing. It would work well if you use multiple devices within your stateroom.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Evening from Tracy Arm!

It has been a great day, and the weather really co-operated. It was very nice all day and the view was fantastic.

 

For this evening, I got a chance to go by Adagio. As always, the group is talented and if you enjoy the type of music they play, you will have a nice evening listening to them. The music also is a nice background to doing other things like crosswords, knitting, and others.

 

I also stopped into the comedian. His name is Bengt Washburn and he is mildly amusing. I'm not sure that I would make the effort to go see him if he was playing locally, but as an entertainer on a cruise ship he is fine.

 

Tomorrow is a long day in Juneau, arriving at 8:00 am with all aboard at 9:30pm.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BobK in NJ said:

 

 

 

Thanks for the clarification. The hotspot router certainly looks intriguing. It would work well if you use multiple devices within your stateroom.

The hotspot router is a GodSend...  We have three iPhones, one iPad and a MacBook all on at the same time...  Super easy to set up and works great.  We disconnect when we leave the cabin...

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, richwmn said:

Good Evening from Tracy Arm!

It has been a great day, and the weather really co-operated. It was very nice all day and the view was fantastic.

 

 

 

 Was the ship just anchored in Tracy Arm overnight?  

Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, zelker said:

 Was the ship just anchored in Tracy Arm overnight?  

No, the ship spends about 8 hours in Tracy Arm, then putters around overnight before arriving in Juneau.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Good Morning,
Today we spend a long day in Juneau. We arrive at 8am and all aboard is 9:30 this evening.

As a result, entertainment and activities are cut back a bit
Entertainment tonight:
Ocean Bar:
Ocean Trio has 2 sets today, 7:45 & 8:45          
Piano Bar:
Wally B entertains from 8:45 till closing
Explorers's Lounge:
Returns Tomorrow
Main Stage:
Alaska In Concert (one show at 9:30)
Movie:
Fighting with My Family
Today's movies on the TV
Ch35: Avengers: Infinity War
Ch36: Anchorman: The Legend of Ron Burgundy
Ch37: A Dog's Way Home
Happy Hour:
4:00 - 5:00 in the Ocean Bar and Crow's Nest, 10:00 - 11:00 in the Crow's Nest
over the course of the day - Scattagories, Pickleball, Ping Pong, Party
Bridge, Mahjong and more

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pictures from around the ship this morning

 

First off, the Crows Nest untouched by upgrades

 

Crows Nest 1.jpg

Crows Nest 2.jpg

Crows Nest 3.jpg

Crows Nest 4.jpg

Crows Nest 5.jpg

Next the Aft Pool area and Seaview Bar, also unchanged

Seaview 1.jpg

Seaview 2.jpg

Seaview 3.jpg

Seaview 4.jpg

Next the Sports Court. Note the Pickleball rackets and balls stored where anyone can use them.

Sports Court 1.jpg

Sports Court 2.jpg

View of Sports Deck facing Aft from the Crows Nest

Sports Deck.jpg

Edited by richwmn
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with Alberto Aliberti, President of Atlas Ocean Voyages
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with RiverCruising, the River Cruise Experts
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...