Amex offer

sambamama

5 minutes ago, sambamama said:

Amex sometimes spreads out the release of these offers, so don't give up hope yet. With any luck, there will be a comparable one with points, too. 

I've never seen one with points, just the $ off, even on Membership Rewards cards.

8 hours ago, Jammu2 said:

So far it hasn't shown up on Blue. It almost never shows on Delta. I used someones link last time though.

I used a link last time as well - worked great!  Hope it come out again soon.

17 hours ago, sambamama said:

The AMEX HAL offer is back. You get $150 back off a $500 new booking. I don't see it on any of my cards yet, but saw it listed on Boarding Area. 

Please post the details. I checked the reference website and couldn't find anything there.

1 hour ago, taba said:

Please post the details. I checked the reference website and couldn't find anything there.

I found the details. Here they are:

Holland America

Get a one-time $150 statement credit by using your enrolled Card to spend a minimum of $500+ on cruise reservations online at hollandamerica.com or by phone at 1-877-932-4259 by 8/4/2019.

Key Terms

• Offer valid only for reservations booked between 6/3/19 and 8/4/19 with Holland America Line at Hollandamerica.com, by phone at 1-877-932-4259 or by contacting your travel advisor.
  • Must be booked on US website only.
  • Excludes onboard purchases, gift and services, Denali Square, McKinley Chalet Resort, Worldwide Emergency Assistance Services, Cancellation Protection plan, online shops, formalwear rentals and charitable donations.
  • Excludes if not booked at time of reservation: airfare booked through cruise line, excursions, onboard celebrations, luggage valet service etc.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, syesmar said:

While I see it mentioned on the Blog, https://milestomemories.boardingarea.com/new-amex-offers-16/ 

I do not see it yet on the AmEx Offers site: https://www.americanexpress.com/us/network/shopping.html#all 

Anyone know, once it is available, would this work with an Upsell Offer?

THANKS!

I am not certain how you are going to use it with an upsell offer, but what I did a couple of months ago was to purchase OBC ($500).  I only ended up using $150 of that, so got a $350 credit back on the card (a different one) I used to register for the cruise.

Thanks, DaveOKC!  I was just curious if those who had already booked and paid but registered their card and then used that card to accept an Upsell would qualify for the rebate.

Edited by syesmar

1 hour ago, syesmar said:

Thanks, DaveOKC!  I was just curious if those who had already booked and paid but registered their card and then used that card to accept an Upsell would qualify for the rebate.

I would think that as long as the charge was at least $500 an upsell would work.  HOWEVER, usually these deals are for new bookings. so there is no guarantee that it will this time.  I figure that you have nothing to lose, so go ahead and try it.

18 hours ago, Cruise Raider said:

Hoping to see this hit my card .... the last offer from Princess never made it.  😞 

Yeah disappointing. Looks like hardly anyone is getting this deal so far. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, DaveOKC said:

I would think that as long as the charge was at least $500 an upsell would work.  HOWEVER, usually these deals are for new bookings. so there is no guarantee that it will this time.  I figure that you have nothing to lose, so go ahead and try it.

They may say new bookings but those of us who have used the offer in the past know that this is not true. In reality, they have no idea of knowing whether it's for a new booking or payment on an existing reservation. All that matters is that the charge comes thru from the correct merchant, Holland America Reservations.