Jump to content

carnival Sunshine Food on fine dining


Recommended Posts

Inquiring about the food in fine dining on the Sunshine. Our last cruise was on the Magic and the food was great. We did not like the food on the Fantasy except for the desserts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Magic#1 said:

Inquiring about the food in fine dining on the Sunshine. Our last cruise was on the Magic and the food was great. We did not like the food on the Fantasy except for the desserts.

Fantasy, Magic, and Sunshine are ships of entirely different classes. The magic is newer than the Sunshine and the Sunshine newer than the Fantasy. I loved JiJi's Asian kitchen on the Sunshine so that I would recommend that, at least.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jbethel11 said:

Fantasy, Magic, and Sunshine are ships of entirely different classes. The magic is newer than the Sunshine and the Sunshine newer than the Fantasy. I loved JiJi's Asian kitchen on the Sunshine so that I would recommend that, at least.

Thanks so much for your reply. How is the fine dining? The food we found on the Fantasy was like you would find on the lido deck or a Golden Corral. We loved the food on fine dining on the Magic , it was well worth the cruise. One of the major reason we would go is the food in fine dining .

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Magic#1 said:

Thanks so much for your reply. How is the fine dining? The food we found on the Fantasy was like you would find on the lido deck or a Golden Corral. We loved the food on fine dining on the Magic , it was well worth the cruise. One of the major reason we would go is the food in fine dining .

I really do not know what you are referring to with “fine dining”, can you elaborate?

Link to post
Share on other sites

There is a main meal from around 6pm to 9pm. in the main dining room. the meals will have Prime Rib on some nights Lobster on some nights etc. These meals are included with your cruise no extra charge and are the best meals of the cruise IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Magic#1 said:

There is a main meal from around 6pm to 9pm. in the main dining room. the meals will have Prime Rib on some nights Lobster on some nights etc. These meals are included with your cruise no extra charge and are the best meals of the cruise IMO.

Pretty sure you mean the main dining room.  No carnival ship has “fine dining”.  If the ship has a chef’s table that is about as close to fine dining as it gets, which is not saying much.  LOL.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Magic#1 said:

There is a main meal from around 6pm to 9pm. in the main dining room. the meals will have Prime Rib on some nights Lobster on some nights etc. These meals are included with your cruise no extra charge and are the best meals of the cruise IMO.

All Carnival ships have a MDR and with the same menu (some post days differ on some choices).  I have been on all classes of Carnival ships and the VAST majority of prep and taste are the same with minor variances (from my viewpoint mainly in soup taste).  That is why I asked what you describe as fine dining.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Magic#1 said:

Inquiring about the food in fine dining on the Sunshine. Our last cruise was on the Magic and the food was great. We did not like the food on the Fantasy except for the desserts.

 

I am confused by your post. I assume you are referring to the MDR. I have sailed multiple times on every class of ship Carnival has, with the exception of Splendor.  The menu and food is the same on all ships in the MDR. I also wouldn’t call it fine dining, but that is another topic. There are differences in speciality restaurants, which vary from ship to ship, but that doesn’t appear to be what your comment is about. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • Q&A with Chris Prelog, President of Windstar Cruises!
      • Register Now for Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Royal Caribbean
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...