Nice airport to hotel to Monte Carlo transport

kim826

I received a quote from friend-in-france for pick up at the Nice airport and delivery to Le Meredian hotel for 35 euro, then from our hotel to the ship in Monte Carlo for 80 euro.  Does that sound about right?  Any other options?

If I am interpreting their website correctly, you can get a car for 1 to 4 people, from Nice to Monte Carlo, for 80 euros, or a van for up to 8 people for 100 euros. They say the van will hold 8 people and up to 8 large suitcases. If it really is only 100 euros for the whole van, it makes more sense to share the van. We are booked in Le Meridien, and would be happy to share with you. I expect there will be others there as well. Are you interested?

Betty

On 6/4/2019 at 9:23 AM, kim826 said:

I received a quote from friend-in-france for pick up at the Nice airport and delivery to Le Meredian hotel for 35 euro, then from our hotel to the ship in Monte Carlo for 80 euro.  Does that sound about right?  Any other options?

We use friend-in-france frequently and can recommend them highly.  The price they quote you for the hotel transfer is the same or a little less than what a taxi would cost you. 

If you are interested in a stop at Eze on the way to the ship, ask them to quote you the price for a one hour stop.  You can visit on your own for an hour; you do not need a guide.  We did it one year when we were joined by friends who had not been there before.  The price was very reasonable, especially if you share the ride with others.  In fact, that could be the cheapest excursion you can probably take to Eze. 

• Like 1

Banti - Sharing from the hotel to the ship sound great!  I will email them and confirm the price.  Do you have a specific time you are thinking of for pickup?  Kim

Banti and Kim - 

if you decide to stop in Eze, you could leave the hotel around 10:30, stop in Eze for one hour, and be at the dock by 12:30.  Straight transportation would be 30-40 minutes.   In any case, ask them if they could take you by the Moyenne Corniche road which is the most scenic with the iconic views of Cap Ferrat and the approach to Eze.  Eze sits right on that road. 

BTW - there are 4 roads that take you from the same spot in Nice to Monaco : The three corniches and the autoroute.  

• Like 1