Jump to content

So frustrating


Recommended Posts

Yesterday was final payment date on my upcoming cruise.  Ive been paid in full for months but I called RC last night just to make sure NOTHING was owed and to get an updated invoice.  Being it was going to be 15 minutes to talk to a CSR I opted to use the automated service which did in fact confirm that no balance was due.   I requested an updated invoice to be sent to my email.  Got to work this morning and checked my email and its showing a $41.98 balance so I called RC back.  They confirm once again that I am paid in full and they would send yet another update invoice showing that and said that the call was recorded and there was nothing to worry about.  Well I get TWO more invoices about 20 minutes later.  Once shows a 0.00 balance and the other still shows a 41.98 balance 🙄   Sigh!   I guess the only thing I can do is keep an eye on my reservation and take the invoice with me that shows 0.00 due that is dated one day after final payment date.   Or maybe Im just worried about nothing.   Could be the case too.  

 

 

Edited by ryano
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Whenever we make final payment we get an invoice showing balance due of 0.00.  Print it and take with us.  See no reason to check or call again after that, a paid in full invoice is in hand.

 

That said - now that you've discovered this I would keep following up.  It would be awful if their system is showing not paid in full for 41.00 and they cancelled your reservation.......

Edited by bouhunter
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

That said - now that you've discovered this I would keep following up.  It would be awful if their system is showing not paid in full for 41.00 and they cancelled your reservation.......

 

That is my concern too.  I generally do the same thing as you mentioned.  The last one I got was in February when I paid the cruise off.  Something told me to call last night and now I am glad I did. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, goneclear said:

Just one more reason I use a TA. Let them handle the issues. Gives me piece of mind

and saves a lot of stress and time trying to explain issues with half trained reps.

 

Are you sure they're even half trained? You are being very kind. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I had my travel agent put the gratuities on our cruise and when I got an updated confirmation from Royal it showed our total “paid” amount as less than we actually paid. It was correct on the previous confirmation. I called the TA and she said her copy from Royal showed the correct amount. She hadn’t looked at our copy from Royal because she assumed it was the same. She had to call Royal to have the amount corrected, and Royal then sent me a corrected confirmation. I ALWAYS keep a copy of each confirmation and then take the final one with us on the cruise just in case of any questions or problems. 

Edited by linkerbink
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, ryano said:

Yesterday was final payment date on my upcoming cruise.  Ive been paid in full for months but I called RC last night just to make sure NOTHING was owed and to get an updated invoice.  Being it was going to be 15 minutes to talk to a CSR I opted to use the automated service which did in fact confirm that no balance was due.   I requested an updated invoice to be sent to my email.  Got to work this morning and checked my email and its showing a $41.98 balance so I called RC back.  They confirm once again that I am paid in full and they would send yet another update invoice showing that and said that the call was recorded and there was nothing to worry about.  Well I get TWO more invoices about 20 minutes later.  Once shows a 0.00 balance and the other still shows a 41.98 balance 🙄   Sigh!   I guess the only thing I can do is keep an eye on my reservation and take the invoice with me that shows 0.00 due that is dated one day after final payment date.   Or maybe Im just worried about nothing.   Could be the case too.  

 

 

I feel for you. LOL

Link to comment
Share on other sites

According to my T/A this is a known issue and Royal is working to fix it.  My last two cruises, after making final payment, the invoice from Royal has shown a remaining balance.  The one cruise I was just on last week without issue and the next is a crusie in September that I just made final payment on.  My T/A sends me screen shots of his system showing a $0 balance and he then has to call Royal to get an invoice from them showing a $0 balance.

 

Not shocked, but still amazed with as much business as Royal does digitally/through their website that their I/T can be so bad.

 

Dan.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So after reading this thread I decided to call and use RC's automated system to send me an invoice for a cruise in Dec that we have fully paid.  The confirmation came in my email and showed a balance of $254.  So I called back and asked that same automated system for my balance. It told me I had a zero balance.  Then I switched over to having the automated system send me another invoice and the new invoice still shows a balance of $254.  LOL

 

Billion dollar company, 25 cent IT dept.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Handling money transactions and record keeping is the first thing they should be aiming their (outsourced, I assume) coders at. Insane. I can’t really think of another billion dollar company where consumers would put up with it. 

Edited by perditax
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have led IT organizations. 

 

There are companies that understand the value of IT and technology then there are those that don't.  When IT is viewed (and funded) as a negative cost center that will never contribute to revenue the result is what you see.  

 

When leadership understands the need to invest in the IT organization and can see the value the result is very different.  

 

Don't blame Royal IT.   This starts at the very top of the organization and that is exactly where the blame belongs.

  • Like 9
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/4/2019 at 1:29 PM, goneclear said:

Just one more reason I use a TA. Let them handle the issues. Gives me piece of mind

and saves a lot of stress and time trying to explain issues with half trained reps.

Exactly! I haven't always used a TA, but 95% probably. You pay them the final and they send you an invoice stating so. Last thing I'd be doing is checking this and that afterwards. Especially calling the cruiseline. The OP paid their final and that's the end. Why be calling?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, cruisinfanatic said:

 Why be calling?

 

Because Ive heard of horror stories of peoples cruises getting cancelled over a small balance they didnt even know they owed and I wanted an updated invoice.  THAT is WHY I be calling.     Not that I owe you an explanation or its any or your business or anything.   

Edited by ryano
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 6/5/2019 at 10:12 AM, Tree_skier said:

So after reading this thread I decided to call and use RC's automated system to send me an invoice for a cruise in Dec that we have fully paid.  The confirmation came in my email and showed a balance of $254.  So I called back and asked that same automated system for my balance. It told me I had a zero balance.  Then I switched over to having the automated system send me another invoice and the new invoice still shows a balance of $254.  LOL

 

Billion dollar company, 25 cent IT dept.

So I tried again today and now it is not sending the invoice.  The automated system says there is no balance but I'd like to be sure with a paper copy in hand when I board. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, ryano said:

 

Because Ive heard of horror stories of peoples cruises getting cancelled over a small balance they didnt even know they owed and I wanted an updated invoice.  THAT is WHY I be calling.     Not that I owe you an explanation or its any or your business or anything.   

you didn't get an invoice when you paid in full?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So I called to day and used the automated system and had an invoice sent.  I actually did it twice.  Both time it came with the same $254 balance owed but I know it is paid in full.  Even their automated system, when you ask it, says there is no balance.  

 

So I called and talked to a human, he confirmed there was no balance, then he looked at the invoice, presumably on some different screen and he saw the $254 balance.  He did some fiddling on his computer and sent me a new email with an invoice attachment.  bizarre 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • ANNOUNCEMENT: PONANT Cruises & Expeditions
      • Cruise Critic Live Special Event: Q&A with American Queen Voyages
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • Canadian Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...