Trump Administration announces suspension of all cruise ship travel to Cuba

Giventofly

We were on the MSC Armonia when it was announced we would not be going to Cuba as scheduled on June 8 & 9.  They gave us a $400 on board NON-REFUNDABLE credit (use it or lose it).  My heart goes out to the Cuban people and also the people who flew over from England, Italy, Australia and every state in the US for losing this cultural engagement.

• Like 1

Are new itineraries out for ships that would have gone to Cuba? If so, anyone notice any pricing differences? I'd think that they should be going for a bit cheaper as lines would probably want to fill in cabins from all the people that chose to cancel.

40 minutes ago, GenghisQuan said:

Are new itineraries out for ships that would have gone to Cuba? If so, anyone notice any pricing differences? I'd think that they should be going for a bit cheaper as lines would probably want to fill in cabins from all the people that chose to cancel.

If people can cancel, I have been trying to get a hold of carnival to cancel for several days.  The wait times are always forever and then it says if you want you can hang up and they will call you back, but they never call back.

16 hours ago, Houndfish said:

The Cubans are poor do to the Gov't spending $ to help Venezuela and other countries. To the Cuban Gov't the citizens are an annoyance.

Sure does seem to be the case.  Feel for the Cuban people.   They are caught in between. 

The Cuban people who are guides, restaurant, bar, hotel, b&b owners, etc will suffer. As they did when the Russians cut off cheap oil. The elites will do fine.

I'm curious as to all these brand new Chinese tour buses. Hundreds, maybe thousands of them.

When Cuba defaulted on payments for their new Chinese locomotives,  the Chinese came for  the locomotives. They may come for the buses next.