Cruise Critic Community

It's a massive party barge that goes to Honeymoon Beach at Water Island.  If you're into the party barge scene, cool...but it's a LOT of people.

For me a better experience is to grab a taxi to the water island ferry dock.  the ferry is ten bucks, and the beach is walking distance down a little dirt road.  There are 2 awesome bar/restaurants on either end of the beach.

My husband and I took this excursion several years ago. We went first thing in the morning. It wasn't overly crowded or a party crowd. There were mainly middle aged or older people on board. It was a nice tour of the island, followed by some time at Honeymoon Beach which was very nice - calm water with no drop off to get in. They had restrooms and a snack bar at the beach, and it wasn't crowded. I'm sure it depends on who happens to sign up for the tour. We had a good group of people on board and we enjoyed it.

At one time the Kon Tiki served bottomless rum punch and was one of the true booze cruises. They have changed since then. 😉

Has anyone done the Kon Tiki excursion lately?  Wondering how it is and if you can rent SUP boards at the beach.  Thanks  

Edited by 2 cruzen

On 6/14/2019 at 2:23 PM, Giventofly said:

It's a massive party barge that goes to Honeymoon Beach at Water Island.  If you're into the party barge scene, cool...but it's a LOT of people.

For me a better experience is to grab a taxi to the water island ferry dock.  the ferry is ten bucks, and the beach is walking distance down a little dirt road.  There are 2 awesome bar/restaurants on either end of the beach.

This sounds really interesting! Can you give me any more details? Like how long are the taxi and ferry rides? How would we know where to walk once we got off the ferry? Sorry just any additional details would be great! This really sounds like a nice way to spend the day! Thanks

There's a new water shuttle that runs from WICO/Havensight to town and Crown Bay for $5 per person each way. Very nice. Once you get to Crown Bay ask for the ferry to Water Island.

The Harbor Hopper Water Shuttle docks between Havensight and Yacht Haven Grande. Pay cash when you board. They're online and Facebook.