Faster to The Fun price increase.

21 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

You'all are looking at the prices that Carnival changed October 14, 2018.  Prices have not gone up since then.

Please don't confuse the pot-stirrers with actual facts contradicting their posts containing outdated and misleading information.  It spoils their fun. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I don't see the big deal. If I don't like the price of an item, I don't buy it. This is no different. Carnival can price it any way they want but they don't say you MUST buy it. Don't like the price of a balcony cabin, buy an OV or an inside. Don't like the price of FTTF, don't buy it. 

• Like 6

Has anything gone down in price?? We bought it for one cruise that we had to fly into the port city and leave early. Was a nice perk that I now get with platinum. Is it worth it - that is up to the customers buying it. Every time there is a price increase to something there is an uproar, but people continue to buy and cruise. Extras are a big sell especially FTTF because it cost them noting to sell it. 

As for the person who mentioned the stock - seems to me the stock is well off its high. Doubt this raise in price to FTTF  will wet Wall streets appetite for your stock.  I would enjoy the on board credit they give for now because its only a matter of time before they take that as well. 

1 hour ago, Stick93 said:

As for the person who mentioned the stock - seems to me the stock is well off its high. Doubt this raise in price to FTTF  will wet Wall streets appetite for your stock.  I would enjoy the on board credit they give for now because its only a matter of time before they take that as well. 

With everything else Carnival Corp. has going on I dont think they will want to remove that perk from stockholders. Can you imagine everyone selling off all their shares of stock 😱

• Like 1

Just had FTTF for my Dream cruise out of Galveston, and I was glad I got it. Long lines at guest services, and I didn't have to stand in them. However, I have resolved to not purchase it for our trip in October, as I felt the price point was a little too high. Hope I don't regret it.

7 hours ago, HeavyMetalDeacon said:

for that kind of $$ it's almost worth booking a suite

Suites may get priority embarkation. Suites are not ready on boarding unless you are Platinum/Diamond.

Karen

• Like 1

We were not able to get it for our last cruise, which was over New years on the Dream. But the staggered check-in they implemented in New Orleans was great and outside of not being able to drop our carry-ons off in our cabin, we didn't miss it. 

We did purchase it for our upcoming cruise at the end of the month because we are driving down the morning of the cruise and have no idea how traffic will be. I don't want to miss our boarding time and have to be held up until they have time to check us in. They keep releasing more for this cruise. Almost every week it seems someone posts that fttf is available for our cruise. 

$100 is my breaking point for paying for fttf. Once it gets over $100, I will not purchase it. 

10 hours ago, Kankakee Kid said:

Carnival raising Faster to the Fun to $120. Remember when it was only $49?  I thought it was a rip-off then. Now? For sure. 

If people pay it, then they will continue to raise the price.  I have said it before, who thought of it for Carnival should gotten promoted.  Great idea that cost them literally nothing and is raking in the dough.   

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kankakee Kid said:

Carnival raising Faster to the Fun to $120. Remember when it was only $49?  I thought it was a rip-off then. Now? For sure. 

When I paid $49 I thought it was a ripeoff. Obviously some people have way too much money.

17 hours ago, Kankakee Kid said:

Blanket statements are not helpful. That is the maximum price for the newer ships on sailings of 8 days. Prices then go down as the sailings get shorter.