Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community
JustaOreo

Celebrity vs Princess

Recommended Posts

Ok, but I think your  analogy is off...

 

it’s more like saying, 

 

“I don’t like carnival, so I won’t like princess” (seabourn would be closer to silverseas then to celebrity I believe)

 

But I will say, I get upset with princess all the time... when they don’t do something as good as carnival. I expect them to have the minimum service that carnival has and more. (GS hates when I compare them, I say, well carnival is a vaule you cruise and your a Premium, that means you should surpass all of the carnival standers.)

 

And then when I have an issue/complain with Carnival the guest service do what ever it takes to make it right... with princess, they could care less. “Just another stuck up guy complaining”

 

(Now I do understand that this is more of my own experience, carnival guest service have always gone out of there way to make me happy

 

While both Royal and Princess don’t drop what ever they are doing to try and appease me.) (unacceptable *wink*)

 

 

***sorry I got way off topic***

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, heath_durbin said:

Ok, but I think your  analogy is off...

 

it’s more like saying, 

 

“I don’t like carnival, so I won’t like princess” (seabourn would be closer to silverseas then to celebrity I believe)

 

 

I agree. Celebrity and Royal are different tiers. Seabourn is yet another tier above. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All:  We I will throw in my 2 1/2 cents...😁

 

My Partner and I have logged over 40 cruises.  We primarily cruise with Celebrity and Princess, though we have been on the other lines a couple of times and they were not our cup of tea.  We do not even discuss NCL as an option (after one cruise) in our home - but that is for another conversation. We did enjoy two of our three cruises on Oceania - but that is a totally different market segment. 

 

My Partner prefers Princess; I personally prefer Celebrity.  We are at the top tier on Princess and Elite on Celebrity.  Celebrity by far has much better perks then Princess - though we we now get a free Mini Bar on Princess vs. free 2 hour Happy Hour daily on Celebrity. We enjoy free laundry on both - but did check to see if a pair of socks counted as one or two pieces of clothing..😊 It only counts as one--thank goodness.  We always seem to know the bartenders and waiters on the ships along with a couple of Officers and we are always treated respectfully on both lines as a gay couple - though do not emphasize it in a public forum (Don't ask; Don't tell).😊 

 

I personally think they do nickel and dime you a bit more on Princess, but Celebrity on-board prices have increased quite a bit, as of late, as they are attempting to compete with the higher-end rather than the mass market lines...  Another issue  -- we are late seating diners and Celebrity has many of the shows "pre-dinner" which my Partner was not too happy about.  We do prefer the shows after dinner which Princess does do. We did not get to see one show on the last cruise on Celebrity, as we do not like to rush on vacation - especially when finishing up the two hour Happy Hour.🎈🍸 

 

We actually have two trips planned on Celebrity for Christmas in the Caribbean and to Iceland in the summer of 2020, but it looks like Princess for Spring Break 2020. It is a tough life but someone has to do it... LOL😁

 

Happy Sailing to All!!!

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎3‎/‎2019 at 4:04 PM, neilrr said:

Hi All:  We I will throw in my 2 1/2 cents...😁

 

My Partner and I have logged over 40 cruises.  We primarily cruise with Celebrity and Princess, though we have been on the other lines a couple of times and they were not our cup of tea.  We do not even discuss NCL as an option (after one cruise) in our home - but that is for another conversation. We did enjoy two of our three cruises on Oceania - but that is a totally different market segment. 

 

My Partner prefers Princess; I personally prefer Celebrity.  We are at the top tier on Princess and Elite on Celebrity.  Celebrity by far has much better perks then Princess - though we we now get a free Mini Bar on Princess vs. free 2 hour Happy Hour daily on Celebrity. We enjoy free laundry on both - but did check to see if a pair of socks counted as one or two pieces of clothing..😊 It only counts as one--thank goodness.  We always seem to know the bartenders and waiters on the ships along with a couple of Officers and we are always treated respectfully on both lines as a gay couple - though do not emphasize it in a public forum (Don't ask; Don't tell).😊 

 

I personally think they do nickel and dime you a bit more on Princess, but Celebrity on-board prices have increased quite a bit, as of late, as they are attempting to compete with the higher-end rather than the mass market lines...  Another issue  -- we are late seating diners and Celebrity has many of the shows "pre-dinner" which my Partner was not too happy about.  We do prefer the shows after dinner which Princess does do. We did not get to see one show on the last cruise on Celebrity, as we do not like to rush on vacation - especially when finishing up the two hour Happy Hour.🎈🍸 

 

We actually have two trips planned on Celebrity for Christmas in the Caribbean and to Iceland in the summer of 2020, but it looks like Princess for Spring Break 2020. It is a tough life but someone has to do it... LOL😁

 

Happy Sailing to All!!!

 

 

 

Hey, guys! Yes, you're not alone about NCL. I don't know if you heard, but Richard got an e-mail from Princess about a trip to Hawaii next Jan. Well, he dug in his heels about always going to the Caribbean. So now I ended up cancelling the trip on Oceania & we'll be on the Star Princess. Sure going to miss the food on Oceania. I booked a Club Class Minisuite(really just a larger balcony room)for the perks. Pricewise, it was not much cheaper than Oceania. I did prefer Celebrity to Princess. At least the Royal class was pretty equal. I do have to say I never saw so many drunk pax as we did on the Regal. I did like the fact that Princess does a better job of having LGBT meetings than either Celebrity or Oceania. I posted an inquiry on the Gay cruise section about the Hawaii trip. No responses so far. Like on Celebrity/Oceania, we'll see other same sex cruisers, I'm sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, keithm said:

Hey, guys! Yes, you're not alone about NCL. I don't know if you heard, but Richard got an e-mail from Princess about a trip to Hawaii next Jan. Well, he dug in his heels about always going to the Caribbean. So now I ended up cancelling the trip on Oceania & we'll be on the Star Princess. Sure going to miss the food on Oceania. I booked a Club Class Mini-suite (really just a larger balcony room)for the perks. Price wise, it was not much cheaper than Oceania. I did prefer Celebrity to Princess. At least the Royal class was pretty equal. I do have to say I never saw so many drunk pax as we did on the Regal. I did like the fact that Princess does a better job of having LGBT meetings than either Celebrity or Oceania. I posted an inquiry on the Gay cruise section about the Hawaii trip. No responses so far. Like on Celebrity/Oceania, we'll see other same sex cruisers, I'm sure.

Hey Keith: Sorry we won't see you down here in S. FL  Hope you have a great trip to Hawaii. It sounds wonderful and you will have a great time...It is nice to do something different. I am sure you will meet others on-board. We are looking forward to our Christmas cruise on Celebrity Reflection... Take care and be well...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎10‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 9:30 AM, neilrr said:

Hey Keith: Sorry we won't see you down here in S. FL  Hope you have a great trip to Hawaii. It sounds wonderful and you will have a great time...It is nice to do something different. I am sure you will meet others on-board. We are looking forward to our Christmas cruise on Celebrity Reflection... Take care and be well...

Thanks, as always! I know I'll miss the food. Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Q&A: Cruise Insurance with Steve Dasseos of TripInsuranceStore.com
      • Forum Assistance
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...