Cruise Critic Community
DeSto

Vancouver airport to port

We arrive at Vancouver airport at 10:45 a.m. June 12.  Need recommendations for transportation from airport to cruise port. Taxi, shuttle, private transport?

1 hour ago, DeSto said:

We arrive at Vancouver airport at 10:45 a.m. June 12.  Need recommendations for transportation from airport to cruise port. Taxi, shuttle, private transport?

On exiting the arrivals building you will find a long line of cabs. Cabs from YVR are fixed price, with Canada Place being $35. Journey should be 30 - 40 mins. You also have the option of Skytrain, which departs from the airport to downtown, close to Canada Place.

Thanks so much.  We’ll just grab a taxi.

On 6/5/2019 at 11:51 AM, Heidi13 said:

On exiting the arrivals building you will find a long line of cabs. Cabs from YVR are fixed price, with Canada Place being $35. Journey should be 30 - 40 mins. You also have the option of Skytrain, which departs from the airport to downtown, close to Canada Place.

Can we pay the CAD$35 taxi fare with U.S. credit card?  Any extra fee for luggages?  How much tips should we tip the taxi driver?

Thank you.

3 hours ago, chubbypiggy said:

Can we pay the CAD$35 taxi fare with U.S. credit card?  Any extra fee for luggages?  How much tips should we tip the taxi driver?

Thank you.

All YVR taxis should be set up to accept at least Visa & Mastercard. They are not permitted to charge extra for luggage.

Can't help with tips, as I will only tip based on the quality of service provided.

Tip the same % as you would for a cab in the US if you got the same level of service.

I have never taken taxi.  For restaurant services, in U.S., the tipping is about 18-20% of the total bill.  I guess I will just tip the same way as tipping restaurants.  

Thank you.