Detergent Allergy - Sheets & Towels (Bring Your Own)???

Has anyone brought their own sheets & towels?  I've got allergy sensitivity and use All Free & Clear detergent at home.

If you do bring your own, any issues using them?

Though I've never bought sheets I do tend to bring my own pillows and pillowcases as I have severe reactions to many perfumes and fragrances if I inhale them for too long. I tell the cabin stewards just to take the ship provided pillows away and to leave mine alone and make the bed up each day without pillows on them (I store mine in the closet during the day). SO it would not be unreasonable in my eyes to bring sheets if you need them to prevent an allergic reaction and the crew does respect any special instruction you give them. 

A friend of mine has allergies to mattress material and he has to bring his own down mattress aboard.  He has it delivered by a private delivery company.  He ships it FedEx and it is on board when he arrives.  He coordinates it through special needs on RCCL.  They are great to work with.  He has to ship pillows as well and it is all included in the package price of $500.00.  They pack it up on the last morning set it out in the hallway (roll it up and tie up with bungee cords).  The package includes tags for shipping home.  They request the sofa be removed as well as the material used in the sofa causes him to sneeze and gives him gastrointestinal episodes that quite frankly are difficult at best.  He has to be careful where he sits at all times and carries a hypoallergenic cushion to sit on for other places wherever he might need it.   This is a challenge for him but Royal has been great to work with.  He has a emotional support German Shepard that he travels with at all times that will alert him to the material that will give him issues.  The animal is the most well behaved companion for him.  He has never had an accident on the ships and loves children.  He loves the hotdogs from the Windjammer Café'.  

I'm allergic to the dyes and perfumes in laundry detergent but haven't had any issues with the sheets and towels on RCI ships. I assume they use pretty "safe" soap since it has to be safe for the ocean, right? But you're also fine bringing your own sheets, towels, and pillowcases - just make sure your steward knows right away and I suggest bringing any color besides white, so they don't accidentally get taken.

6 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

There would be no issues using your own sheets and towels.  Would cloth napkins in the restaurants also be an issue?

It's exposure for extended periods of time, so napkins and tablecloths aren't an issue.

Another family here, who only uses Free & Clear, never an issue since we started cruising again in 2011. 🙂 My son has severe Eczema & he has no issues.

Edited by BLAMBKY