Cruise Critic Community
Sign in to follow this  
killsport

Nieuw Amsterdam VF/VE recommendations

All,

My parents have decided that (based upon much of the feedback I got here) they will be on the Nieuw Amsterdam for a Caribbean cruise! Very excited for them...

However, I'm not familiar with the ship and wanted some recommendations on VF/VE cabins. I believe VF cabins have the metal (non-see through) balconies, whereas VE has plexiglass (see-through)... Is that correct? I'm thinking they'll be happy on deck 7 with a VE cabin (cabins above and below, so not too much noise). I was thinking cabin 7017 or 7107 (yes, I did have to double-check those since they are so similar in number)... can anyone provide feedback / insight?

Thank you (again) in advance!

We stayed in the NA cabin VE7107 2 years ago.  The ship had just come out of dry dock and was spruced up to the max. Yes, it has see thru plexiglass balcony rails, it was very quiet, near but not to near to the elevators and just a very lovely cabin.  The bathroom has a walk-in shower, mini-fridge and large wall mounted tv.  The sofa has a pull-out bed and not tremendously comfortable to sit on...but it's OK.   It's convenient to the Lido, just a few floors dow from it.

It seemed (and probably is) larger than the NS verandah cabin we recently stayed in (deck 7 cabin 7158). We definitely like the NA more than the NS. 

20 hours ago, killsport said:

I believe VF cabins have the metal (non-see through) balconies, whereas VE has plexiglass (see-through)... Is that correct?

No.  The only VE or VF with steel-wall railings are on deck 4, 4005 to 4042. All others have plexiglas. We like VE cabins in the 7102 to 7135 area. Our second choice are 8118 to 8135.