Cruise Critic Community
Sup_Devil

Difficulties Canceling

Hi everyone, 

I have 2 cruises booked but we need to cancel one. It is well within the time frame of 120(about a year out). I have called like 3 times. Spent an hour on hold and each rep has not been able to cancel this for me. They say that I need to talk to my pcc. Well I can't seem to get ahold of them either. I just wanted to make sure my cruisenext certificates go back into my account. 

Am I missing an easier way to do this? I was surprised I couldn't just cancel online. 

Thank for any help 

Email your PCC to let him/her know you're cancelling.  That way, you have written record of your cancellation.  For good measure, leave them a voice mail asking them to contact you with the cancellation number.  Make a note what date/time you called them.

1 hour ago, graphicguy said:

Email your PCC to let him/her know you're cancelling.  That way, you have written record of your cancellation.  For good measure, leave them a voice mail asking them to contact you with the cancellation number.  Make a note what date/time you called them.

Thank you! Will do! 

Does booking through a PCC not count as booking through NCL - ie can you not cancel through their website?

Why on earth dont people use travel agents?  Then they can take care of the problems 

Not trying to slam anyone, I just don’t understand when it costs nothing extra

2 minutes ago, purpleally said:

Why on earth dont people use travel agents?  Then they can take care of the problems 

It's much faster for me to book my own cruise online than involving a third party. 

24 minutes ago, purpleally said:

From what I understand.... Most of the travel agents are having difficulty getting through with NCL right now due to all their technical issues on the site. Not to mention the Cuba fiasco. 

44 minutes ago, purpleally said:

Because when there are problems like the cruise changing or cancelling, we prefer to deal directly with the cruise line and not have a middleman trying to do real tome coordination. We never trust a travel agent. If you want it done right, do it yourself. 

Having a TA means going through another level to get something, such as cancelling, done.  

GG is correct, make sure you have proof that you've attempted to contact your PCC by sending an email. Paper trails are good. 

1 hour ago, smplybcause said:

Does booking through a PCC not count as booking through NCL - ie can you not cancel through their website?

It absolutely counts as a booking through NCL, but instead of having to deal with the generic main line, you get an actual person to deal with directly.  I'd never bother cancelling through the website when I can simply shoot an email to my PCC, and I'm done with it. It takes like 5 seconds.

2 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Because when there are problems like the cruise changing or cancelling, we prefer to deal directly with the cruise line and not have a middleman trying to do real tome coordination. We never trust a travel agent. If you want it done right, do it yourself. 

Totally agree. Plus I love my PCC and trust her to take care of things I don’t want to deal with.

Edited by Greenpea2
Typo

3 hours ago, purpleally said:

Fairly frequent complaints on this board grumbling that NCL refuses to deal with them to resolve some problem because a travel agent "owns" the reservation. 

3 hours ago, purpleally said:

I personally don’t because I like having control over everything.  If there was a time when I did a back to back and couldn’t set things up on my own, I would use a TA to ensure we got the same room for both bookings.  Otherwise, I like to not have to deal with a third party.

(though just becoming a member of a warehouse that has its own credit card and discount, I may change that rule soon if DW insists)

1 hour ago, Kingkonig said:

(though just becoming a member of a warehouse that has its own credit card and discount, I may change that rule soon if DW insists)

Love booking thru that big box travel agency! Does NCL's PCC discount or give OBC to the cruise fare obtained on the NCL website? On our current booking we will receive a $900 cash card upon cruise completion of an 11,400k booking including taxes etc.  Our local warehouse gives me actual cash so that works great for us since we prefer that to buying t.p. in bulk (joke). 

I’m also trying to cancel a cruise. I was told by my PCC that because of a major system update, some cruises have been flagged to not be changed.  All reps have received an email that they are not allowed to make any changes on these cruises.  I wanted to transfer my deposit to a new booking but my PCC was not able to do so because they’re system is screwed up.  

Please remember that the person you are speaking to has no control.  Having been in customer service for many years, I know just how much havoc a system update can cause.  I suspect this is all due to the change in policy for cruises to Cuba. 

Just an update... Still zero response from my PCC. Sent several emails.. No response. Called him directly. No answer and voice mail box is full. Honestly not sure what to do at this point. I would dispute the charge on my credit card but I only used cruisenext certificates for the deposit. 

1 hour ago, Sup_Devil said:

Just an update... Still zero response from my PCC. Sent several emails.. No response. Called him directly. No answer and voice mail box is full. Honestly not sure what to do at this point. I would dispute the charge on my credit card but I only used cruisenext certificates for the deposit. 

I cancelled my Cuba cruise-yesterday (Sunday.) My PCC doesn't work on Sunday. Apparently the PCC's all work in teams, so there is always someone for you to speak with. Call the regular NCL number & tell the reservation person who answers that you want to speak with your PCC's teammate. Good Luck!

On ‎6‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:14 PM, purpleally said:

Completely agree. I have a good friend who plans all of our vacations. He's fast, professional, reliable, gets us great deals and, best of all, I NEVER have to wait on hold with a cruise line trying to fix or change anything. The peace of mind that working with a professional TA provides is worth its weight in onboard credit, I mean gold. 😉

2 hours ago, Sup_Devil said:

Why not post your issue with not being able to get ahold of anyone to cancel your cruise on Facebook.  Not only does NCL read and sometimes personal messages some, but you will have documentation that you tried to cance.

On 6/8/2019 at 11:27 PM, aero777 said:

Good choice!

Did you research the different cabin configurations and balcony 

2 minutes ago, NLH Arizona said:

Why not post your issue with not being able to get ahold of anyone to cancel your cruise on Facebook.  Not only does NCL read and sometimes personal messages some, but you will have documentation that you tried to cance.

Thanks.. I did send them a direct message as well. 

1 hour ago, DCGuy64 said:

Completely agree. I have a good friend who plans all of our vacations. He's fast, professional, reliable, gets us great deals and, best of all, I NEVER have to wait on hold with a cruise line trying to fix or change anything. The peace of mind that working with a professional TA provides is worth its weight in onboard credit, I mean gold. 😉

Feel free to message me your guy! I'll give him a shot! Thanks 

17 minutes ago, Sup_Devil said:

Feel free to message me your guy! I'll give him a shot! Thanks 

He's here on CC. I can ask him to DM you, or if you prefer, I'll contact him and ask if I can share his contact info. He's an excellent TA and also cruises so he knows a lot about the industry.