Jump to content
Cruise Critic Community

Recommended Posts

Any ideas why my comments are 'hidden' and how to go about changing this?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve just joined and commented on a post but at the top of my comment next to the date/time, it states ‘hidden’. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Welcome to Cruise Critic.   As Essiesmom stated, it's unclear what you are talking about.  You have only two comments on Cruise Critic -- the ones on this thread -- and they are not hidden, we can see them.  Are you saying you have posted other comments that we can’t see?  

 

Can  you please post a screen shot of what you are seeing (or at least a link to the thread in question)?   Thanks.

Edited by Turtles06

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, AnnieM1 said:

 

I don’t see a post 67.  Maybe it has something to do with the link being on the UK site.  Can you please post a screen shot? 

 

Edited to add: I just posted a test comment on that thread, which appears as post 67.  I had no problem.  Perhaps you should try again. Please let us know. 

Edited by Turtles06

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You link for that roll call says post 67.  But the roll call ends at 66.  So your post is not there, which is why your link doesn't work for us.  Perhaps there was something in your post that the mods did not like, and it was deleted.  EM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was explained previously that as part of the automatic screening, sometimes comments do get hidden. Don't worry, assuming what you said was appropriate the mods will release it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just had this same issue.  Does anyone know how long it takes to be released? And if the mods don't like it do they just delete it?  Notify me? Or do they remove whatever text they don't like and then release the post?

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Freckles_51 said:

Just had this same issue.  Does anyone know how long it takes to be released? And if the mods don't like it do they just delete it?  Notify me? Or do they remove whatever text they don't like and then release the post?

Thanks

 

I’ve never had a comment not post immediately, as soon as I hit submit.  Are you talking about the comment you tried to post on your Roll Call?  

Edited by Turtles06

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Turtles06 said:

 

I’ve never had a comment not post immediately, as soon as I hit submit.  What thread are you talking about?

 

Celebrity Reflection roll call for 12 nt Scandinavia & Russia 22 Aug 2020

The messages (tried twice) were very detailed about a tour that I am trying to arrange with others on the roll call. I have done this before and have seen lots of other such messages.

1025cruise has explained above that the mods will release it if appropriate so just wondering how long this takes etc.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Freckles_51 said:

 

Celebrity Reflection roll call for 12 nt Scandinavia & Russia 22 Aug 2020

The messages (tried twice) were very detailed about a tour that I am trying to arrange with others on the roll call. I have done this before and have seen lots of other such messages.

1025cruise has explained above that the mods will release it if appropriate so just wondering how long this takes etc.

 

 

Rather than all of us speculating, let's see if we can find out for sure . . . 

 

@CC Help Jenn   Jenn, sorry to bother you, but looking at this Need Help thread here, if someone clicks "submit" to post a comment and then, instead of the comment posting, receives the message that the comment is "hidden," does this mean that it's being held for some sort of review?  And, if so, how long does this take?  If the comment is not posted, will the poster be notified?    

 

Many of us have never even seen one of our comments "hidden," so this is unfamiliar territory.🙂  Thanks as always!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes, some comments may be automatically hidden for review.  We can set up word filters for example to view all comments that contain certain words before releasing them.  Some new members may have their first comments hidden before we verify their membership.

 

If a comment ends up not being able to be posted the poster would be sent a note. Quite honestly, that rarely happens unless it's spam.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Yes, some comments may be automatically hidden for review.  We can set up word filters for example to view all comments that contain certain words before releasing them.  Some new members may have their first comments hidden before we verify their membership.

 

If a comment ends up not being able to be posted the poster would be sent a note. Quite honestly, that rarely happens unless it's spam.

Thank you Jenn & Turtles06.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, CC Help Jenn said:

Yes, some comments may be automatically hidden for review ..

 

Thanks Jenn, hugely helpful. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/1/2019 at 7:21 AM, CC Help Jenn said:

Yes, some comments may be automatically hidden for review.  We can set up word filters for example to view all comments that contain certain words before releasing them.  Some new members may have their first comments hidden before we verify their membership.

 

If a comment ends up not being able to be posted the poster would be sent a note. Quite honestly, that rarely happens unless it's spam.

Hi CC Help Jenn - I know this post is about a year old but my comments on my Adventure June 17, 2021 cruise got hidden as well.  How long does it take to CC to release said comments.  Also I am now no longer receiving any e-mail notifications for the threads I'm following.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, cjtorres said:

Hi CC Help Jenn - I know this post is about a year old but my comments on my Adventure June 17, 2021 cruise got hidden as well.  How long does it take to CC to release said comments.  Also I am now no longer receiving any e-mail notifications for the threads I'm following.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

 

@cjtorres Howdy! emo22.gif

 

Some company names or links will trigger the Approval Queue for Staff or Management (not Hosts or Moderators) which is one of the tools Cruise Critic uses for spam defense. This automatically requests a review of certain posts before allowing them to post. Possibly the company info you mentioned in your posts has spammed our boards before and a post with their info is automatically put in the Approval Queue or censored by the Cruise Critic software.

 

See the following from the Guidelines:


"... Question: Why don't you allow us to post about other cruise sites? My post contains *** and then you removed it!  Answer:  Actually, we do allow the legitimate linking to information at another cruise site, as long as that link isn't posted in an attempt to drive traffic to that site (in the sole discretion of Cruise Critic), or if the posting of such site is meant to cause disruption within the community. If a website's url or name is replaced by a series of *****, it may mean that particular website had spammed our community with advertisements for their site, or that member(s) may have posted in a way that we consider self-promotion or advertising..."

 

Since @CC Help Jenn is followng this thread I feel sure she will reply to you or review & possibly unlock the posts. Just please be patient! emo34.gif 

 

As for your Notifications, first make sure you are logged in with your user name & password. Click your user name located over the Search bubble on the upper right. Next click Account Settings. Under Other Settings click Notification Settings. On the next page to appear look through the various settings in both the Notification Settings at the top & Notification List at the bottom. Make sure each is on or off as you prefer. When done make sure to click the Save buttons on each section.

 

In addition, perhaps your email provider bounced an email Cruise Critic sent to you so that is why you stopped receiving emails. Not sure how many email notifications you are receiving per day or at a time but it could be your email provider is aggressive to prevent spam. Thinking that multiple emails in a row would be spam they bounce one. Once one of the Cruise Critic notification emails to you is bounced, then Cruise Critic stops sending you any more notification emails.

 

One thing you can do is to please make sure you have the address cruisecritic@invisioncloudcommunity.com white listed and/or on your safe senders list & in your Address Book contacts.

 

Also, please make sure we have your correct email address as your Cruise Critic email address of record. If it is not current, please see How to: Change Cruise Critic email address of record

 

Good luck! 🤞

 

Happy sails,

 

Host Kat emo32.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/16/2020 at 11:49 AM, Host Kat said:

 

@cjtorres Howdy! emo22.gif

 

Some company names or links will trigger the Approval Queue for Staff or Management (not Hosts or Moderators) which is one of the tools Cruise Critic uses for spam defense. This automatically requests a review of certain posts before allowing them to post. Possibly the company info you mentioned in your posts has spammed our boards before and a post with their info is automatically put in the Approval Queue or censored by the Cruise Critic software.

 

 

 

For the first time, this just happened to me as well.  My post is all highlighted in pink and it says hidden.  I'm really curious what words I used that hit your filters.  

 

Edit...And why in the world is this post hidden?

Edited by Aquahound

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Aquahound said:

 

For the first time, this just happened to me as well.  My post is all highlighted in pink and it says hidden.  I'm really curious what words I used that hit your filters.  

 

Edit...And why in the world is this post hidden?

 

We have trigger words that do so 🙂  No worries 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Forum Jump
    • Categories
      • Forum Assistance
      • SPECIAL EVENT: Q&A with the Quark Expeditions Team!
      • New Cruisers
      • Cruise Lines “A – O”
      • Cruise Lines “P – Z”
      • River Cruising
      • ROLL CALLS
      • Digital Photography & Cruise Technology
      • Member Cruise Reviews
      • Special Interest Cruising
      • Cruise Discussion Topics
      • UK Cruising
      • Australia & New Zealand Cruisers
      • North American Homeports
      • Ports of Call
      • Cruise Conversations
×
×
  • Create New...